Old 02-06-2010, 08:13 PM   #29
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 View Post
So what's a corporate store?

We had Alltel forever but last summer they were bought out by Verizon. Biggest problem so far is getting voice mail messages 3 days late. Very strange! Left a message for my husband today around noon and it still hasnít come through. How can this happen?

Carol
That's probably because the voicemails are traveling at the speed of dark...

Okay, the serious answer is, there is probably some issues "downtown" with Verizon. I'd give them a call (just punch "611" and hit the "send" key), and let them know you know, and ask them what they know about it. Okay, that sounds silly, though it really wasn't meant to be...

Old 02-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #30
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallytwo1994 View Post
So what's a corporate store?

We had Alltel forever but last summer they were bought out by Verizon. Biggest problem so far is getting voice mail messages 3 days late. Very strange! Left a message for my husband today around noon and it still hasn’t come through. How can this happen?

Carol
Corporate store is one owned by Verizon and not listed as an "Authorized Retailer"

We have always had issues with Alltel and the delivery of voice mails, we have had delays of weeks on occasion. This has been going on for several years and was one of the reasons my company dropped Alltel 4 years ago.

Aaron

WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 01:34 AM   #31
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
I don't need no fancy phones.

Hi, I had AT&T and it was OK except for dropped calls and no roaming. I switched to Verizon and never had a dropped call. My experiences with Verizon were all good except with the idiots in the stores who gave me wrong information. I wanted a phone for my wife, [they all advertise, "Add a line for $9.95"] but I have to upgrade my contract for double the monthly fee first. My existing deal was for 450 minutes a month, but I only use about 25 to 45 minutes a month. So we now have [pre-paid] Trac-Fones; $20.00 each for the phones and 850 minutes for one year for $100.00 each phone. Or any combination of pre-paid cards. It was a little bit of a hassle, but I will be able to keep my old phone number on my new Trac-Fone. Two months of monthly fees on the Verizon phone will pay for one year's use on my Trac-Fone. [or four month's Verizon fees will pay for both of our Trac-Fones for one year]

Retired, on a fixed income, non-millionaire, Airstream owners.

2005 Safari 25-B
"Le Petit Chateau Argent"
[ Small Silver Castle ]
2000 Navigator / 2014 F-150 Eco-Boost / Equal-i-zer / P-3
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:16 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1990 25' Excella
Currently Looking...
Glenburn , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalcutjoe View Post
I'm not holding my breath for those phones today...
I'll just go Apple/AT&T
The "Worry Free Guarantee" clearly states you can cancel your service- that INCLUDES the 2-year contract agreement, within the first 30 days, with NO EARLY TERMINATION FEE.
I sure hope there wasn't a rebate offer on your new phones. I experienced a cute little scam at a local Verizon store whereby THEY "assisted" us by removing all of the necessary bar codes to process the rebate, filled said rebate form out and then sent it in ... before we received the phones. This invalidates the 30 day, "Worry Free Guarantee"!

I wish you better luck than you have had so far in your dealings with Verizon. Even the FCC has begun to question Verizon's customer service and billing practices, only to be basically told to go pound sand...

wil

AIR 22828
TAC ME-3
Universal Address: 97XX5 QGG5Z
Longitude: -68.814136
Latitude: 44.894663
olddog299 is offline   Reply With Quote