Old 02-06-2010, 08:30 AM   #15
. , .
Originally Posted by finalcutjoe View Post
Here’s my experience with Verizon Wireless in the last few weeks...
no phone here, but vzw broadband for several years now.

the card died once and they shipped a new one overnight.

2-3 times in over a 1000 days of EVERYDAY use the software or connection has failed to connect...

but this has not happened for well over a year and i've NEVER had a dropped connection while using it.

purchased original plan in florida but a store 2000 miles away once upgraded all my booty for free, including a new card...

this took about 15-20 minutes at a corporate store.

all online/phone support when rarely needed has been domestic based,

not there's anything wrong with a guy named frank from pakistan helping...

so i dunno fc' this must only be happening rarely, like .01% of the time...

or they've flagged your file and you've got a chart now somewhere...

YouTube - Dr. van Nostrum and Elaine

all of the true things that i am about to tell you are shameless lies. l.b.j.

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:34 AM   #16
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
We've played the customer service game with AT&T. It's been a mess with data plans and minutes, upgrades and contracts. Somewhere in the forum is a lengthy post I made about AT&T at the time. I won't go into detail again (I don't want my blood pressure to go through the roof), but it was as bead, or even worse, than the OP's problem.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:16 AM   #17
Rivet Master
2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Originally Posted by 2airishuman View Post

so i dunno fc' this must only be happening rarely, like .01% of the time...

or they've flagged your file and you've got a chart now somewhere...

Oh, I knew I was opening a can a whupass with that "pissn'moaning airstream owners" comment...

boondockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:19 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
I also have dealt with ATT & Verizion currently have ATT phones and Verizion air card.

What I have found is the local stores (ATT&Verizion) don't want you on their premises if you already have service.
If you can't get a problem resolved with corporate you will get NO HELP going to a local store.
garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:50 AM   #19
Wise Elder
2010 30' Classic
Vintage Kin Owner
South of the river , Minnesota
Verizon has been on a mergers and acquisitions binge in recent times. I believe customer service has suffered as a result.

The wireless industry competes on price, coverage, and phone features. So it has been since the early days.

No point getting mad at them. Either put up with it or switch to AT&T or T-Mobile.
Jammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #20
Moderator Emeritus
1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
Verizon Wireless Customer Service

I have had Verizon land-line service ever since Verizon took over GTE. Living in a very small community means that we have no other alternative for land-line nor DSL service. I recently moved 2 miles and had my service transferred, and all I can say is - - what a mess!! The phone line itself was tranferred with minimal difficulty other than it was three days later than promised. The DSL was another story entirely - - it took them 10 days to reactivate the service -- and another 10 days to unlock my e-mail account that they had locked through some technical glitch. I have my wireless service through Altell, and thus far, have had excellent service through my local store.

Kevin D. Allen
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC/Free Wheelers #6359
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International/1999 GMC K2500 Suburban (7400 VORTEC/4.11 Differentials)
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre/1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible (8.2 Liter V8/2.70 Final Drive)
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #21
Rivet Master
2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Originally Posted by mistermike View Post
What does any of this have to do with Airstreams????
Apparently yyou don't read the thread title.
It doesn't have anything to do with Airstream, it is OFF TOPIC
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:10 PM   #22
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Hi Joe,
Sorry to hear about all the BS.

That sort of stuff is why I switched to Verizon from Sprint.

This won't help now. But the easiest thing would have been to send the phones in and reactivate the old phones until the new ones arrive. I have three phones that I use. A very old but rugged one that I use when I might trash the phone, my good regular phone, and a smart phone that I use when I travel, so I can access the internet. Sometime I change phones twice in one day. It is easy to do, either on the phone or on Verizon's web site, and there is no charge.

If you do decide to change carriers remember that the law now allows you to carry your current number to the new carrier.
I'm guessing that your phone won't arrive tomorrow either since it is Sunday. Maybe they will do something special to get it to you.

In any case, I feel your pain. I Had to file a complaint with the FCC to get $75 I was owed by Sprint. You can do that on the Internet too. It really gets their attention fast.

Good Luck,
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #23
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
after spending 2 hours and 10 calls to try to get net10 to port my home number, i gave up and returned the phone. i called verizon and in 20 minutes over the phone, they reactivated an old phone to a pay as you go plan. while i've had some issues, overall i give verizon a thumbs up.
a LOT depends on how lucky you get in getting a qualified person when you call.
2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #24
Rivet Master
2008 30' Classic S/O
Dearborn , Michigan
Well, it's 5:30pm EST- no phones.

Wonder what that's like- no accountability, no repercussions.
Just tell the person whatever.
Another random number you'll never deal with again.
boondockdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:25 PM   #25
1976 Argosy 24
-- , Georgia
I've got a very long story to go with yours over $35, but I'll save everyone the boredom of reading it. And I've only been a Verizon customer 2 months.

I will switch from Verizon after this contract ends because they've both failed to deliver on a promise and are failing to communicate with me regarding the situation. They "listen" to you, but they don't "get back to you" once they've "checked their information" if you know what I mean. My failure was to get the salesperson to document her promise.

Sad for them because I routinely keep the same phone and service provider more than 4 years. That $35 now is going to cost them $1680 or more in revenue after the contract is over.

I believe you will have to walk your business elsewhere to find satisfaction.

1976 24' Argosy
1973 International Harvester Travelette 1210 4x4 'Bernard' 164" WB
1997 Georgie Boy 30' SuperDuty v10
Ike T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:24 PM   #26
Rivet Master
San Angelo , Texas
Originally Posted by overlander64 View Post
...I have my wireless service through Altell, and thus far, have had excellent service through my local store.

Verizon bought out Alltel in April of last year for $28.1Billion. We were Verizon Wireless customers, when I was stationed in Maryland. When we moved to Texas, the closest Verizon store was in San Antonio, so we went with Alltel. Last July we got a letter from Verizon saying that they had acquired Alltel and that they were looking forward to having us as customers.

Does the customer service suck? I've had worse with AT&T, but that was back when they were still analog and refused to go digital, which killed them, until they bought out Cingular. In my opinion they all suck, but Verizon seems to be the least sucky.

I have the Blackberry 8830 World Edition, which allows me to use GSM, when I'm in Europe. I bought a SIM card on Ebay for dirt cheap and figured it would be a nightmare to activate and unlock the phone, from what I read on but I had the best experience I ever had. The Global Support folks unlock my phone right away.

I think getting good customer service is hit or miss, but with the economy being the way it is, you would think that companies would do everything they could to keep their customers.
1971 Sovereign International - SOLD

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 06:34 PM   #27
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide
I just set up our corporate account at work with 29 phones.. 2 of which are blackberries..

OMG! Its finally done now but let me tell you.. It was a nightmare. Now that the billing is coming in and I can see if what they sold us is the same as what was represented Im not happy. Now I have to explain to my boss why the taxes on each phone was so high and all the free stuff that they were throwing in has evaporated.. I will get this straightened out because I saved all my emails but its probably going to involve more than an hour of time and frustration just to fight for what I was promised..

so dissappointing..

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:07 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member
Currently Looking...
tallahassee , Florida
Corporate Store???

Originally Posted by DanB View Post
First rule in Cell Phone Communications: ALWAYS deal with a corporate store.
So what's a corporate store?

We had Alltel forever but last summer they were bought out by Verizon. Biggest problem so far is getting voice mail messages 3 days late. Very strange! Left a message for my husband today around noon and it still hasnít come through. How can this happen?

tallytwo1994 is offline   Reply With Quote