Old 11-14-2010, 10:23 AM   #15
1 Rivet Member
surrey , British Columbia
used or new

Did you buy at the dealer in Saskatoon?

We aren't retired we do a lot of fishing and will do even more on better lakes with an AS because I am not a rough it camper.

We like the 20 ft flying cloud so are going to look around. We aren't wanting to go across the border if possible.

jillya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #16
Rivet Master
2007 25' Safari FB SE
St. Hedwig , Texas
Howie hit it on the head. At least the 1st purchase should be "used". All my AS's have been used. Our current 25'FB was like new and we saved thousands of dollars. When a good used one is located you need to be ready to move on it because others are also looking for that really good deal.

My Airstreams have been purchased off AirForms and I, personally, would not purchase off Craigs list. Thats my personal choice.

gaylejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
Site Team
1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON

Did you have a look at the TRAVELAND LEISURE VEHICLES in Langley? Next Canadian one from there is the guy in Calgary, BUCAR'S RV CENTRE.
If it's to be, it's up to me.
Aage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #18

2006 19' International CCD
Olathe , Kansas
I got mine on Airforums as well. I also used an inspector from Air forums to check it out since it was 1300 miles one way! Don't be afraid to travel to save thousands! I've seen ones just like mine sell for over $4000 than what I paid. Have fun with the search.
blmitch5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2007 20' Safari
Montrose , Colorado
We bought our 2007 20' Safari SE from an ad on Craigslist. We knew what AS we wanted based on size and floorplan, so when we were planning on a trip from Colorado to Florida to visit friends, we did a search in all of the major cities that would fall within 200 miles of our route. We found our trailer in Florida, two hours from our friends house. So after e-mailing the seller and getting him to send us bunches of pictures, we talked to him on the phone and negotiated a price. When we got there, we had a very pleasant visit with the seller, spent our time looking the trailer over and checking the systems, and drove away with our very lightly used AS. And we have been very happy with it. And the savings were substantial when compared to the new price that the PO paid.
48Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 03:04 PM   #20
Rivet Master
2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
We bought our '07 Safari 20 SE new, but it had been in the dealer's inventory for almost two years. That saved us money because they were anxious to sell it, and it was also a few thousand less MSRP than an identical current model.

It's our first Airstream, we like it and probably will buy another some day. If we had bought this used, we would have little idea what to look for, and there are plenty of them on the market with problems. For that reason I would be comfortable buying the second one used.

dkottum is offline   Reply With Quote