Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-19-2009, 12:05 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Update on Gregg

I could not find my orginal thread on Gregg. It is almost 2 weeks since he went down hill but is now in a reg room. What happened he had a bladder infection and it went into the kidney turned into a absess and they had to put drains in. They drained 7lbs of yucky stuff in the surgery room last week. I think God gave us a miracle and think he will make it through this his kidney is gone. I so thank everyone for their prayers and support even though I did not respond my cell phone picked up the messages off my email so I did see the posts,just could not respond until now. Also I told all of you about losing Sammie my medical alert dog..well in May Sammie became a mom to Lizzie and Shakespeare and the lady that has them heard of my loss and is returning Sammie's children to me as soon as Gregg is back on his feet.... I have learned a lot in the last 2 weeks..one being if you have trouble with a family member just let them go as God sees what is happening and he gave you your spouse as you were given to so you live to be good and happy... there is much more that I learned and Gypsy Jo and Danni and all the rest of you (sorry I cannot remember names and stuff)well you are wonderful people ..that is what God meant for us to be ... Yes I lost faith big time but all this I am at peace spirittial and it doesn't matter if you are not like the rest of the world as God loves us no matter what we are. Oh one Dr made me cry I tried to tell him I had expressive aphasia and I can write better than I can talk he said he didn't have time for my problems and he told me all we needed to know which he didn't but it is ok now as Gregg reminded me what we had learned from the minister from Afirca Much Love and Hugs to you all .. I will be back later... oh we found where the A/S os leaking it is the thingie where the city water hose goes I will try to fix it s that guy wants 600.00 to come out and fix it
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Glad you are doing better now. I have been thinking about you and Gregg.
Old 12-19-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1958 30' Sovereign of the Road
Plymouth , New York
Send a message via Skype™ to robandzoe
Same here

Glad all is getting better.. wish I lived closer, as I'd come and fix it for you.. where are you located, I bet we can find someone to come help you out.
https://bakersacresofchenango.blogspot.com/
Courtesy parking
Flag Pole Holders - https://robsflagpoleholders.blogspot.com/

robandzoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:34 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
Walnut Cove , North Carolina
Victoria, Thanks you for the update. You have been on my mind. One of life lessons-there is no predicting what miracles can happen. I will continue to keep you and Gregg in my prayers
Old 12-19-2009, 05:51 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Victoria,

So glad to hear Gregg is improving. You have been in our thoughts every day, and we have been watching for an update.

I hope you have been able to make a connection with a social worker or pastor at the hospital, who can give you some support. This person should also be able to get you any written information you need.

Take care of yourself, and tell Gregg we are all thinking of the two of you and pulling for his speedy recovery.

Maggie
Old 12-19-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
You and Gregg have been in our thoughts and prayers. We're glad to hear things are better for both of you! Stay strong.
Doctors are people, and some are idiots, just like everyone else.

Kay
Minno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:41 AM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
Victoria - So glad to hear things are a little better. I have been thinking and praying for you every day. Will continue to do so. Really hope things continue to get better for you both.

Anne Marie
darlingbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

1991 34' Limited
we will go with our hearts , Texas
Hi everyone and thanks so much Gregg is still hanging strong. He is in hs own room at Methodist in Dallas still and ticked off he is ready to leave. He has no clue how close he was. Not sure how long he will be here. I know he wants to get back to the trailer. They are all shocked how well he is doing he said he has to stick around to take care of me. I have not told him the A/S has a leak just hate to tell him. My mom and I turned off the water...the Marines were not taught Plumbing and have no clue said give them a cannon and they can handle that ... they left today..I did see a marine cry though... You forget what family means to each other until now. But for now it looks like Gregg will be with me for this holiday season... I don't think we will do FL though so will look at TX beaches. it may still be all a dream though.
Victorialhq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #9
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Here's a link to your original thread:http://www.airforums.com/forums/f161...egg-59306.html

I'm glad to hear he is doing better, and hope he will continue to improve as much as possible.
Old 12-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #10
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Victoria,

Glad to hear Gregg is continuing to improve. Take care of yourself and keep us posted.

Maggie
Old 12-21-2009, 12:29 PM   #11
2 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
Stockbridge , Georgia
I am very happy to hear Gregg is doing better!
mikvw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #12
3 Rivet Member

1995 31' Land Yacht
Clovis , California
So glad to hear from you. Try to keep the problems in bitesize pieces so you can cope. You have many friends here. Keep your dreams on the back burner.
LuvRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #13
Vintage Alum. Enthusiast

1959 24' Tradewind
Phoenix , Arizona
So thankful that Gregg is doing better and we all wish for his speedy recovery. Keep strong thoughts and things will work out. We are here for you. Thanks for the update.

Brad
FF

I'm haunted by aluminum.
Charter Member of the 4 Corners Unit.
flyfshr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:02 PM   #14
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Parkdale , Oregon
Glad to hear things are continuing to get better. Try to take it one day at a time and go slow. Still keeping you in my prayers.

Anne Marie
darlingbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:48 PM   #15
Rivet Master

I'll have a nicer holiday.

Merry Christmas to you and Gregg. I am so glad to hear things are looking up for you. It's heart warming to hear about people helping each other.
Ho Ho Ho Dave
mandolindave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:48 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1997 30' Excella
1961 26' Overlander
1954 22' Flying Cloud
1981 28' Airstream 280
San Antonio , Texas
I am so glad that you and Gregg are doing better. It is a comfort knowing that God still works his miracles. God Bless You Both. And may you have a Merry Christmas.
No amount of time will erase the memory of a great dog.
bwoodtx is offline   Reply With Quote