Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-11-2008, 01:56 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
U F O's

Mornin All... Over the pond here, We seem 2B invaded by lots of UFO sightings lately... Mmm... Whats goin on ?. These here UFO's have been spotted by Police, Forces Personel & the plain Guy on the street... There was one of these saucer things that almost got sucked in2 a whirlwind the other day over Wales... Kinda strange 2 ME, if they wanna meet us, why dont they jus pop in 4a cup of tea & biscuit... I'll entertain them that's 4 sure ! on second thoughts... kinda scarey... I kn U Guys have had a few sightings, but even Airstreams gotta go somewhere when thier time is upn over...Chris.....
Old 07-11-2008, 06:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man View Post
I kn U Guys have had a few sightings, but even Airstreams gotta go somewhere when thier time is upn over...Chris.....
Hey Chris -- good to be reading you this morning. What's the transmission time from Europa? Venus?? Who needs coffee to get going when I read your posts? I think you answered the question why no UFOs are ever reported made out of fiberglass or plastic. Ever see one with a slideout? Nuh-uh! I'm camping right now and 5th wheels, trailers, popups and even pickup campers all have slideouts -- very down to earth place. Not scary at all.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:15 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
I've seen three in the past five years. Not saying that they were "flying saucers", just very strange flying objects that I couldn't identify...

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:09 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado
think I saw you

Quote:
Mornin All... Over the pond here, We seem 2B invaded by lots of UFO sightings lately... Mmm... Whats goin on ?. These here UFO's have been spotted by Police, Forces Personel & the plain Guy on the street... There was one of these saucer things that almost got sucked in2 a whirlwind the other day over Wales... Kinda strange 2 ME, if they wanna meet us, why dont they jus pop in 4a cup of tea & biscuit... I'll entertain them that's 4 sure ! on second thoughts... kinda scarey... I kn U Guys have had a few sightings, but even Airstreams gotta go somewhere when thier time is upn over...Chris.....

I think I saw you. They picked me up just before flying over the pond to buzz your neighborhood. I had Mrs. Hut use my metal detector to see if they implanted anything.

Tin Hut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:40 AM   #5

2007 28' International CCD
Midlothian , Texas
Hey, y'all, is it just me or did you ever wonder why these things are always seen at night? Bob, did you see your sightings at night? Really, like Chris said, why don't they just pop in for tea DURING THE DAYTIME, or in my case fresh-ground Colombian coffee? Then, we'll know for sure, though I guess that's the point!

There was a big ToDo a few months ago not far from here in Stephenville, Texas, with people seeing strange things zipping across the night sky! Yep, on the news and everything, but each video was not quite clear, as usual........
Bonnie
SilverStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 07:01 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Middletown , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverStar View Post
Hey, y'all, is it just me or did you ever wonder why these things are always seen at night? Bob, did you see your sightings at night? Really, like Chris said, why don't they just pop in for tea DURING THE DAYTIME, or in my case fresh-ground Colombian coffee? Then, we'll know for sure, though I guess that's the point!

There was a big ToDo a few months ago not far from here in Stephenville, Texas, with people seeing strange things zipping across the night sky! Yep, on the news and everything, but each video was not quite clear, as usual........
Bonnie
Nope, all of my sightings were during daylight hours. The most recent was just a few weeks ago.

Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

TAC - NJ-007

bobfowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:06 AM   #7

2007 28' International CCD
Midlothian , Texas
Bob, oh shoot, that blows my theory. I was afraid you'd say that...gives me tingles just thinkin about it!
Y'all be careful out there!...........Bonnie
SilverStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 12:34 PM   #8
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
UFO's...

... Everybody laughed...BUT... But what the H**L was that ?... there gotta B somebody out there who knows !... I mean over here our cult TV show jus ended, " Dr Who "... 4 U Guys who aint seen it, it's BRILL... realy is ! it's about a time traveller who travels around the universe in a blue Police Telephone Box... Slightly like U Guys do, except Yr Box is a Airstream, looks like a Aircraft body, Airplanes Fly, U TRAVEL... so what do U imagine U lot look like camped up, out in the middle of no-where ?, very clever, makin sunlight outta dancin flames, usin Pink flamingo's as GUARDS... Pets as soothers, & drinkin liquids that make Yr legs go all wobbly... ( LOL )...
Also I been readin abt a spy sat that soon will b watchin Yr every move, Yr post-code ( Zip ) is entered & Yr house #, & ZAP, Smile U r now bein SPIED ON... ( Bl**din Liberty if U ask Me ! )... Almost every ROAD over the Pond here has Cameras on it, 2 monitor Yr speed, 2 prevent accidents, 2 extract hard earned CASH from U, IF U speed, & so on... our fuel is over £1-18 per litre... X 4.5 = £ 5.30 a GALLON & NO sign of it goin back down in price...Soooo. What abt these UFO's, what they run on ?... FRESH AIR, Turbo charged ( Naturaly )... & U guys runnin out at appx: 15 MPG, compared with Me at 32 MPG... Is it some new form of transportation that's gonna take the world by storm... well I don't buy it either !... Little Green Men, Who's seen them ? 2 say they R GREEN ?... Who's been watchin 2 much TV....
Well Guys THEY ARE OUT THERE... not seen one yet, Do U realy want to ?... U ever get that feelin U bein watched... B serious Man, U most likely ARE... Chris.....
Old 07-12-2008, 03:44 PM   #9
4 Rivet Member

1986 32' Excella
vledder , drenthe
Canny
Can you confirm that you are not a passenger of one of the UFO's
At least your typing seems a bit alian to me
remcolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 04:50 PM   #10
4 Rivet Member

1965 20' Globetrotter
1956 22' Caravanner
Mendon , Massachusetts
Send a message via AIM to muddy_hollow Send a message via Yahoo to muddy_hollow
Post pictures

C'Mon folks, post show shots of these UFOs.

Here's in New England UFOs are produced by Harpoon Brewery... a very nice wheat beer

muddy_hollow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 12:48 PM   #11
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Me Alien !

Well are'nt We ALL Aliens ?... We live in an Alien world, don't we ?... LOL... I dunno, I look in the mirror in the mornin & it turns black, I think if they took ME, they would soooooon drop Me off, what upon Earth would they want with a 'Ole Fa*t like ME ?... Mmm... I know the Missus would B glad 2 see me go ! but 2 B honest I would love 2 go with them... just 4 the ride...LOL... I done Star wars at MGM COOL !... so I recon I can ride it out. as long as they bring Me back home... LOL...Chris.....
Old 07-13-2008, 01:27 PM   #12

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
... I mean over here our cult TV show jus ended, " Dr Who "... 4 U Guys who aint seen it, it's BRILL... realy is !
Chris, I grew up watching Dr Who, and I still LOVE it!

As an amateur astronomer I've had the opportunity to turn my scope after some odd things I've seen in the daytime, and they've always turned out to be something quite normal - airplanes, balloons, stuff like that. At night I've never seen anything odd, even though I've certainly put in many many hours looking up. Funny you seldom see astronomers reporting UFOs even though they spend so much time outside looking at the sky.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #13
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
U f o...

Dr. Who is jus BRILL... a little far fetched, but if someone can make up something like that 4a TV programme... whats 2 say it can't b done 4 real ?... I know radio signals & a BEATLE'S song is beamed in2 space in hope that Other life form will show it's self...lol... but I jus hope IF there is " OTHERS " out there...I think NOW would b a nice time 2 show Yourselves 2 the world...Mmm...What do U think ?..
I have a couple of scanners, a Realistic pro 63, which I use 4 My Aircraft scannin, & A Yupi 7100 all band scanner... well it's GOOD, LOL...I hear things all the time, I mean I was listenin to Microwave signals the other day...LMAO... no wonder My brain is cooked... But I never heard a little green man, tho I DID listen 2 the Shuttle Guys talkin on the International Space Station, last Year... when the tiles were being repaird, Man it was AWESOME... WOW...it was bein relayed by a local mast, & they were the Guys at Cali & Fla talkin as well... it was jus amazin... I get different TV companies & Radio from around the world, but how do I know if they are'nt ALIENS...LOL...
I've always fancied a telescope, but where I live in a cramped up neighbourhood, I probably end up bein lynched, or somethin & being accused of spyin on the Neighbors... NO WAY... I'll pass on that one.. but it must be very rewardin 4U... U must find a star & have it named after U, that would b real cooool...Chris.....
Old 07-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #14
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Chris, you're a hoot!
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
You one thing that amazes me is in all these sightings of UFO's no one seems to be able to take a good picture. They always seem to get pics of planes, stars, accidents, some cops beating up a slim bag, but never of a UFO.
As far as Canny picking up signals from the Space Station, not uncommon, hit the right frequency and then have the sun spots in the right aliegnment and you have it made. I would right down the frequencies cause you may want to listen in again, they generally stick with the same ones unless they need to say something they dont want the general public to hear then they go to a scrambled band. Of coarse understand that as the shuttle passes overhead you only have 30 min to 1 hour to hear them.
When you get them you can email them to me and I will program them into my ham radio as well.

Sarge
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote