Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-06-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Trolley-Wally Damage...

Good Evening ALL.....
Jus wonderin what U would DO, in My case, I went in2 the supermarket carpark, 2 pick up My D/D, whilst I was collecting Her, A Guy who collects the trollies ( Carts ), took my drivers door mirror clean off, & left it swaying in the breeze by it's wires...Now it turns out 4 people said they saw Him do it, besides My alarm war soundin...But HE denies it, only 2 of the people will actualy stand up & B counted...Now the UNDER DOG states that the Store is NOT responsible 4 damage 2 shoppers cars, FINE I SAID...BUT...BUT We R talkin abt an EMPLOYEE....DIFFERENT story, So I rang my solicitor, who is still dealing with My last claim, he Foned the store, & the store MANAGER foned Me...( U'll LOVE this bit )...TOTALY UN-AWARE of any such incident....OOoops...Grrr... & HAS offered 2 REPAIR, BUT as it IS an offence 2 use My car without a mirror, I had NO choice but 2 FIT a replacement....Should I take it through The STORES insurance, OR BILL the STORE,...ALL Views WELCOME...My total cost was £30 ( abt $ 55...)....Not including fuel..lol...Chris.....MY car was HAND picked By Myself, & although it IS a '96 model, with ONLY 31000 Genuine miles ONE owner...& almost perfect condition ECT...I R at present VERY ANNOYED indeed...Chris.....
Old 08-06-2004, 03:31 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1959 22' Caravanner
Atlanta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
Good Evening ALL.....
Jus wonderin what U would DO, in My case, I went in2 the supermarket carpark, 2 pick up My D/D, whilst I was collecting Her, A Guy who collects the trollies ( Carts ), took my drivers door mirror clean off, & left it swaying in the breeze by it's wires...Now it turns out 4 people said they saw Him do it, besides My alarm war soundin...But HE denies it, only 2 of the people will actualy stand up & B counted...Now the UNDER DOG states that the Store is NOT responsible 4 damage 2 shoppers cars, FINE I SAID...BUT...BUT We R talkin abt an EMPLOYEE....DIFFERENT story, So I rang my solicitor, who is still dealing with My last claim, he Foned the store, & the store MANAGER foned Me...( U'll LOVE this bit )...TOTALY UN-AWARE of any such incident....OOoops...Grrr... & HAS offered 2 REPAIR, BUT as it IS an offence 2 use My car without a mirror, I had NO choice but 2 FIT a replacement....Should I take it through The STORES insurance, OR BILL the STORE,...ALL Views WELCOME...My total cost was £30 ( abt $ 55...)....Not including fuel..lol...Chris.....MY car was HAND picked By Myself, & although it IS a '96 model, with ONLY 31000 Genuine miles ONE owner...& almost perfect condition ECT...I R at present VERY ANNOYED indeed...Chris.....
Hard call. Things work a little different on this site of the pond.

Well I work in a buisness where I sometimes have to work as well as drive customers cars. In most cases if I inadvertantly damage the car we just pay for the damage outright and not involve our insurance.

In most cases the deductable on our end is nearly $1000. Comercial insurance is really a hassel to deal with in the US. We have it for really big stuff but to make it more affordable it has a high deductable. I would theink it would be simular and if you present the Manager with a bill they will probably take care of it quite possibly on the spot. In return we would want a copy of the bill to use for accounting purposes. We would also write up something to explain why this was bought and that our paying for it took care of the customer issues in full and have the customer sign it.

Now I dmaged a fuse box in a Nissa Z car many years ago. They are very easy to damage. The customer claimed all sorts of things and when we finnaly got the customer to produce the bill we found that they decided that our damage also justified us paying for a complete tune up on the car. We subtracted those charges and handed the customer a check reflecting that.

THe customer protested. I explained that the damage caused to the fuse box in no way dmaged the spark plugs, wires, cap button, labor to set the timing and install said parts. The customer continued to attemt to get us to cover their routine maintance. At that point I changed tactics. I took the check back out of their hands. I told them I would contact our insurance company. I would let them handle it from there and explaind that it would probably be 2-3 weeks before they recieved funds. Once they recieved funds I would check with them. If they paid for your tune up I would inform them that is incorrect. I would then testify in court about it. sopena the repair person and that should surfice to convict somebody for Felony insurance fraud.

They took the check.

NOW check the legality of that. While here this would be exceptable your laws may be different.
59toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2004, 01:43 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re - Claim....

Hi Toaster...
Many, Many fanx 4 the reply, U sure opened My eyes on that one...LOL, NO I aint interested IN makin a quick few £££'s, ALL I want IS my car as it was, I got ENOUGH goin on around Me without addin MORE agro...LOL...
I kn these things can take time 2 sort out, but My case is simple, my car was damaged By a Store Employee...jus like that, so I would want a QUICK turn around..Why should I have 2 WAIT ages 2 get MY money back, due 2 something that was NOT MY FAULT ???........
Fanx Toaster, real Pleasure readin U, Take care Now, & Greetins from over the POND...LOL...Chris.....