Old 07-04-2017, 04:17 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
Trash Deposits for a Clean America

Trash deposits.

There are things you never see tossed out onto the street.

- Five Dollar Bills are a great example and No Deposit Required
- Expensive Sun Glasses... although I did find a pair and... Thank You
- You get the idea. Good stuff that has value never makes it to the places I am walking or hiking. Hub Caps are an exception along the Highway and had I the time there is a fortune of them just for the picking up.
- I can think of an infinite amount of things that never end up where someone needs to pick it up and wonder who the moron was leaving his suit case along I-70... kind of stuff. ... and it fits me well.

Things that should have a Trash Deposit that is redeemable in US Currency:

- Plastic bottles. Make it 10 cents a toss. Just make me Rich.
- Glass bottles. Make it 25 cents a toss, unbroken. Just make me Rich.
- Aluminum cans. Trade, weight to weight, for Airstream of Choice rebate.
- Cigarette Filter Butts. $1 a Butt deposit.
- Pallets partially burned at a campsite.
- Pillows, couch cushions, ladders, spare tires... have I missed something?

- what do you suggest? I am losing most of my mind... thinking.

Items that should be banned in the Free World.

- Baby Diapers. Used disposable diapers are sold with a Express post paid return address. Mail Carrier gets $250 gift card, each, for returning them, from previous owner.
- Strip Bar cards along the Las Vegas Strip that 'most' drop on sidewalks.
- Sixtyfour ounce plastic soda cups that cannot be refilled for a $1.
- Disposable Pet Rocks... they breed like bacteria in Wyoming

There are at some Airforum Members who do have insight as to what should have a Deposit, be Banned from the Western World and Stuff that just blows or is tossed out of a pickup truck.

Old 07-04-2017, 04:25 PM   #2
Rivet Puller

2003 28' Safari S/O
Atlanta Burbs , Georgia
How about re-establishing recently reversed manufacturing and waterway regulations for polluting our air and water as a start? Industrial waste is a far bigger issue, just not as immediately visible.

Sirs Gawain & Galahad
Air #48582, S/SO #003, WBCCI #4584
SeeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 05:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Retailers plastic bags. Those things are everywhere on the sides of roads, in fences, in trees.
Fast food take home bags, wrappings and drink cups.

Kelvin
Old 07-04-2017, 06:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1986 34' Limited
1975 27' Overlander
Conifer , Colorado
There is an old retired guy in our neighborhood who had two Airstreams. I understand this guy with nothing better to do picks up litter when he walks is beagle. And I understand he has been seen driving on dirt roads on his ATV with a litter bag picking up trash up to five miles from his home. Illegally I might add.

I encourage those of us so motivated to make our neighborhood, town, and campgrounds just a little bit nicer by picking up a piece of litter or two while out and about.

The deposit on bottles and cans is big business in Iowa. It really helps reduce the litter.

A big source of litter in our neighborhood is the trash man. The wind catches lightweight papers and blows them out of the truck hopper when he dumps the containers.

I find in my walks that smokers and drinkers are pretty big litter offenders. I see more cigarette butts and packs more than any other type of litter. In Colorado, a tossed cigarette butt can wreak havoc with a wildfire. As the sign says:'keep your butts in the car". And I find more beer cans than pop cans on my walks. Same with liquor bottles.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1705 Crystal Drive (Small).JPG
Views:	21
Size:	144.8 KB
ID:	288720  
Old 07-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
We do not buy bottled water at the grocery store. Nancy takes our filtered home water and uses a higher quality plastic bottle and uses them. Forever. Leave a little air space, freeze at home and when going camping, toss them into the freezer or refrigerator. You save a thousand dimes and also have better water from home, than in the bottled water at the store.

Insulated stainless coffee cups holding 12 to 14 ounces of steaming coffee for refills keeps coffee hot so long, it takes awhile for it to cool off to drink.

I refill 44 ounce plastic cups as I refill them at a discount. I like to pay in the coins I find while metal detecting. The coins look like round crusty slugs, but are legal currency. Often the cashier gives me the drink for FREE...if I just take the change back and... get lost.

So those who have bypassed this Thread as it is not complaining about hardware in their trailer, tires or leaking windows... they do not know what they are missing.
Old 07-05-2017, 03:35 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Currently Looking...
Boulder City , Nevada
One man's trash is another's furniture...

Las Vegas gets a large number of Foreign tourists who rent the RV's to visit the Grand Canyon and other parts of the American Desert. They camp at RV Parks the prior to dropping off their RV. They also take to the trash site all kinds of Barely USED camping equipment. Propane stoves, folding chairs, fishing equipment... you name it. It costs more to take it back on the plane, and a lot you cannot.

You have to get up at Sunrise to get first pickings... I left two used pet porters at a grocery cart return. In less than five minutes a car with four people managed to put both into the interior. They were too large for our pickup's back seat (Tundra four door to a Tundra Crew Max)... so bought two smaller ones that fit. No good deed goes unrewarded.

I took a five foot Eucalyptus walking stick from Easter Island in the 'old days of air travel' and it was treated like a loose ski or snowboard. Arrived safely and I have used it ever since on our camping trips. I would have hated to lose that one after carving my name into it and trying to find someone to cut me a branch to strip the bark off.

Sometimes my Camping Equipment is someone else's throw away... Life is Good.