Old 03-13-2010, 06:25 AM   #323
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Also uses much less fossil fuel thereby reducing dependence on mideast oil, is extremely well built and economical ??

Im guessing you have too much emotion tied up in that tuna can? The concept is 'good' in town, as soon as you get on the highway and its all gas powered, its just like any other small car...except that the fuel economy is worse than even my diesel Jetta...AND the prius weighs alot less...not driving it in town WILL produce just as much or MORE emissions than a higher mileage small car that gets worse mpg...

but hey...as long as you 'feel good' about that precious prius, thats all that matters...

WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM   #324
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Currently Looking...
Durango , Colorado
Too bad these are only available for 07-10 Jeep Wranglers!

How It Works
Sprint Booster modifies the signal between the accelerator pedal module and the electronic throttle body. This modified signal forces the throttle body to open 'more' than the stock signal at a given pedal position. In effect, the idle-to-full-throttle pedal travel is reduced. This makes your car 'feel' more powerful because a given pedal input produces greater throttle opening. This is especially evident in the low to mid rpm range where most cars spend their time on the street.

Sprint Booster simply modifies the throttle signal between the accelerator pedal and the throttle body. Big deal right? Keep in mind, this is the same concept as the 'throttle pulley' modification on cable based throttle systems - which was very popular in it's time. It doesn't add horsepower, but makes the throttle more sensitive and makes the car 'feel' faster.

It doesn't matter if you have a Sport Mode, ECU software, or 'Chip' on your car, Sprint Booster works independently of other modifications. It simply makes the throttle more sensitive, making the car 'feel' faster.

Is Sprint Booster for everyone? Of course not, no performance product ever is. If you have a track car where you spend most of your time near redline, Sprint Booster is not for you - Sprint Booster benefits are felt in the low to mid pedal travel. Some people don't like the fact that Sprint Booster reaches full throttle before full pedal travel - if you routinely mash the throttle to the floor, Sprint Booster may not be for you.

Sprint Booster is most effective in the low to mid rpm range, which is where most 'street' cars are driven on a daily basis. Yes, you may need to adjust your driving style after installing Sprint Booster - but that is a short learning curve. Sprint Booster will put the 'fun' back into your daily drive.

Sprint Booster installs in minutes, and is easily removable. Plug-n-Play performance!

Just try it! Make your daily drive more 'fun'.

Installation
1. Loosen the accelerator pedal module from the floorboard.
2. Unplug the harness from the accelerator module.
3. Plug in the SprintBooster inline with the harness and accelerator module.
4. Re-install the accelerator module.
5. That's it!

Old 03-14-2010, 06:50 PM   #325
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
We have had some fun with this issue but back to the original problem. A friend from New Zealand had written that he had had the acceleration problem with one of the companies Toyota. He had mentioned that the problem continued even after he turned the ignition OFF. I ask for clarification and this is he reply.
Hi Howie,
Correct, Even after turning the key off, nothing happened. I had to turn it back on again because the steering locked, as I was running out of straight road. I had been monitoring our security cameras and seen two youths steal a bike from our bike shed. I jumped in the vehicle to give chase. Before the bike shed we have a pedestrian crossing that is raised about 10 to 12 inches above road level. I hit this at about 40mph and when I landed the motor went to full revs. Nothing worked i.e. the brake pedal went hard and even with my full weight on it, it didn't make any difference. I pulled the select lever out of drive into neutral, that didn't make any difference.I switched the key off, same thing. By then I was left with two choices, go through the lights at the intersection or head it into the field by the river. I chose the field and kept the steering on full lock. It was only when I hit a large bump that it came right. I passed our two little bike thieves, they must have been wondering what the hell I was up to, hehehe. We got them though.

This really opens up a can of worms if the CPU is not effected by turning off the ignition.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 07:32 PM   #326
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
That one sounds phony to me.

I was roasted here for saying that the steering will lock if the ignition is turned off, and guaranteed that it can only happen if the key is removed.

Gearshift ("select lever") to neutral having no affect either is counter what we've heard again and again on here, in written and broadcast reports.

Maybe what happened had to do with hitting the "pedestrian crossing that is raised about 10 to 12 inches" at 40mph.

Or, it's just baloney.
Old 03-15-2010, 06:33 AM   #327
4 Rivet Member

All the conflicting reports are giving me a headache. It's impossible to draw any conclusions. Questions about UFOs may be easier to resolve.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:19 AM   #328
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airstreamer67 View Post
..... Questions about UFOs may be easier to resolve.
What questions, we just got back from a weekend on Zanatron.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mingmercy-431x300.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	98140  
Attached Images

“After all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.”
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but I’m the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:31 AM   #329

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I am wondering now if the transmission selector controls the gear selection electronically as opposed to mechanically. If the former is the case, and the electronics go haywire, I guess all bets are of as to controlling any function of the car except the steering.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM   #330
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
as I'm turdifiably insane I'll withhold my solution to electronic theory and direct my thoughts towards relativity and quantum theory.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #331
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
This is great entertainment. I did not expect to see it on an airstream forum.. Ha
FYI, We are a totally loyal Toyota family.. They will have to have a lot more negative going on than this to move me.. My personal opinion is that our friendly government and it's friendly news media wants us to by GM (government motors) again.. Sorry, no way..
Old 03-15-2010, 12:23 PM   #332
Rivet Master

2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
say, is toyo using pc's or macs? it sounds like the blue screen of death! lol
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #333
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
I am wondering now if the transmission selector controls the gear selection electronically as opposed to mechanically. If the former is the case, and the electronics go haywire, I guess all bets are of as to controlling any function of the car except the steering.

Brian
Yes the transmission is controlled electronically by applying voltage to the one of the Apply Solenoid.

As for the steering Ford is already parking your car for you electronically.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #334
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
carson city , Nevada
All this Toyota stuff happend just after Toyota became the worlds largest carmaker passing GM. Coincidece? They have now driven 2.5 hours in the San Diego's runaway Prius and found nothing wrong, could not replicate the problem, and even the driver says he will not try to sue Toyota.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:56 AM   #335
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
It is almost impossible to replicate an intermittent electrical problem. They have to start removing the Black Box and reading the last 30 second before the crash to get an idea of what happened. I am surprised the insurance Companies have not required this.

Now having said that this guy was a complete fraud looking for a buck or 15 minutes of fame.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #336
INSANITY CENTRAL

1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
What HowiE said

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowieE View Post
It is almost impossible to replicate an intermittent electrical problem.
Now having said that this guy was a complete fraud looking for a buck or 15 minutes of fame.
I worked on Avionics systems on CH-46's in the 60's. Electrical intermittent problems are the worst.We never had any that would bring down a chopper tho.
We'ld usually blame it on the bubble chasers.constant battle with electrically actuated, hydraulically operated systems.
Then throw in a rookie pilot that didn't understand how the thing worked--oh my.
I once made an entry in the repair log. A799-could not duplicate problem, suggest check for "short" in pilots headset. once.
see a pattern here.

www.popasmoke.com

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote