Old 09-20-2003, 01:29 AM   #15
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
So Sorry....

I was goin 2 say good mornin...but WHAT is good abt it....
What I mean is the count of lost lives so far....some times I wonder why, ( a lot lately ) of what's realy happening 2 this planet of ours...seems 2b outa control...an there is nothin we can do abt it... It's easy 2 blame someone else...but WHO, it starts with us, over here we used 2 have cold weather...most of the year, ( in our area anyway )....so we missed a vacation 2 have double glazin installed....darn thing is...it started 2 get HOTTER afterwards...now we gotta leave open the windows an doors, had 2 purchase COOLIN-FANS...over the past few months, I got up 4 early shift (4am), an walk pup around the block wearing a t-shirt, only twice I wore my coat as it was rainin, then I was boiling....it was HOT at 06.30 2day, I'm NOT moanin abt it...it's jus that I aint used 2 it...
Florida is a different kinda heat 2 ours, an we bn in a Sept:, an braved the little rain outbursts, but we continued 2 enjoy our vacation...as it was different, .
I understand what U say Terry, thank's 4 that, but it is MILES away...wonder why it don't burn it's self out b4 it gets 2 U...jus the case of gotta go somewhere...I guess....
I wish it would NOT happen at all, an as I say, our hearts an prayers go out 2 U all, in these times of un-settlemant, lets all get 2gether an pray for normality...Chris.....

Old 09-20-2003, 08:02 AM   #16
Rivet Master

1992 30' Airstream 30
Santa Rosa , Northern California wine country
Chris, you say

"I wonder why, ( a lot lately ) of what's realy happening 2 this planet of ours...seems 2b outa control...an there is nothin we can do abt it... It's easy 2 blame someone else...but WHO..."

I used to wonder too, until I started reading the Bible more. This kind of stuff is to be expected during these times. Not only weather tragedies, but disease and pestulence, famine, wars, and, well, just read the paper and it's all there.

Prayer can do good, as you seem to have been doing along with alot of people, and hopefully we understand that no one is to blame, it's just The Plan of the One who's in control.

These Airstreams are rugged. I hope not too many of them were severely damaged. I was considering converting my 28 footer to 4 wheel drive in case we need it in California. Never know when the Big Earthquake will strike!

Old 09-21-2003, 10:59 AM   #17
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Report from Richmond VA...

We got hit really hard.. Still no power in our neighborhood (9/21) Still have to boil tap water to be safe. The town of Richmond VA has many trees down, crushed cars and homes on almost every block. Our house did fine, but we will have to cut down a 200+ year old oak that split in the middle, but is still standing. Ice is in very short supply, had to wait 60 min for 4 10lb bags... Will be ordering the honda 2000 for the next time...
Thanks for all the prayers and support...

Abe
Old 09-21-2003, 12:51 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Big Hitter...

Vajeep...
Sorry abt Yr Town Abe...must b lookin sad, all that damage and unwanted stress, hope it blows over real quick 4 all of U.
Shame abt the " OLD OAK "...over here a few yrs ago, in " The Garden of England "... KENT, there is a little place names " Seven Oaks "...said 2b real old trees too...an we had a bit of a wind, 2 say the least...and we lost a few of them....so spirited folk jus got 2 gether an planted some more...gonna b a real long time b4 they mature.
Ice...what U need ICE 4...I guess it keep the freezer cool, right, I don't think U b sittin on the porch sippin bacardi or Bud,
Do U have a Genny, if so r U powerin it up 2 get lights in Yr home...( I once took a headlamp out of my car, and used a long lead to get light into the room during a power cut..., Dipped beam or Full, my Lady I asked ("Her who should be OBEYED" )...LOL.
Earlier 2day, I were dismantling my D/Ds old motor scooters engine, all was well until the last bolt, U kn the one...the THIRD an final...would NOT budge, so out came " SUSAN ", that's the name 4 my reserve plan, the " If ALL else fails "...My Son Mark came out 2 c what the noise was...an we were talkin abt the storm U r havin, why can't God stop it, he says...well I can't exactly recall what I replied 2 him, but Yr RIGHT in thinkin God moves in mysterious ways....the darn nut split apart in an instance, and the hammer...still in full swing smacked me on jus above the kneecap, guess I asked 4 that...sure looks FUNNY with a lump the size of a golf ball on my knee...now do I pray 4 forgiveness...or sit this one out ???.
Well my fingers r hurtin too..so I bid U all a SAFE night, stay calm...Chris.....
Old 09-24-2003, 08:18 AM   #19
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
Richmond VA storm update

Still with out power. Many power lines still have trees on them...
400,000 + people with out power in the greater Richmond area...
I had a friend 3 hours away that loaned me his Honda EB 65000.
Now I know why Honda's get so much good press. This unit is great. When you walk around our neighborhood and listen to the others...... I had the chance to see an EU 3000 in operation what a cool unit. The problem is Honda is backordered on all the EU 1000,2000 & 3000 till November...
Will keep you all updated..

Abe
Old 09-29-2003, 09:25 AM   #20
Rivet Master

1976 27' Overlander
Richmond , Virginia
We got power back on Sunday 9/28, we feel lucky still many others with out power. We were with out power in our neighborhood for 10 days...

Still many homes in the Richmond area with major trees on them. This storm is in the top 10 in the history of Virginia.

Thanks for all the thoughts about us!!!

Abe
Old 09-29-2003, 12:20 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Re-Power...

Hi Vajeep.......
Nice 2 read U agn, an lettin us over the pond here kn how things r doin, our news don't say anything abt the Tornado anymore, it's current events...
Glad U got yr power bk on, an U managin 2 get bk 2 normal, maybe if it only a little, but if it's any use 2U, I'll mention U upstairs 2 night... .
What happens 2 the trees, are new ones put in2 their place, or r they goin 2b memories...Do U have a insurance policy that covers loss of FOOD in Yr freezer ?...I kn when the CLOWNS dug up the road down from us, they hit the power cable an because it was over 6 hours b4 it came bk on, we could claim off their insurance...did'nt get much though...well U don't do U...not for 1/2 a sausage, a pair of kippers, and a few escaped peas hiding in the corner...an abt 6lb of un-frozen ICE....
Take care now...Chris.....