Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2008, 07:34 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
TopGear What's your favorite Episode???

Ok, I kind of hijacked a Tread so I thought I would start this one for fun...

Now there is a TopGear web page... topgear.com You may get the US there is also a UK one..

My Favorite was when they raced Motor homes and smashed them up.. Also when the Toyota pickup with a Honda outboard motor that made it across the English Channel.. No Really it did....

Also when they went camping in an SOB and caught it on fire and the neighbors SOB too.. That was clasic

Now, You can watch it monday nights on BBC America. Cars that go 254 mph... What more could you want.....

Now most British show don't have commercials, They are shorter in the US becuase they have to put in comercials.....
The BBC do post shows on their web sites to download,, But being in the US you can't get them....
But there is a British web site called uknova that has all the British shows to download . including TopGear

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1960 22' Safari
in the wilderness , The great Mojave Desert
Way too many great episodes to pick a fave.

The Stig is the funniest one. Vacationing and on a raft in the pool in full racing gear. Riding public transport across London.

I laughed my self silly watching "Hamster" trying to drive a real Formula 1 car and then to have that followed by Louis Hamilton in the reasonably priced car challenge.

WBCCI 3344 FCU
AIR# 13896
CA 4

Yes, we have courtesy parking for you. About an hour North of Los Angeles.
Goin camping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:37 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
Mine is the episode where they arrive in Miami, FL and buy 3 junkers and drive them to New Orleans. That show will have you rolling on the floor. Especially the part where they write some "non politically correct slogans" on their vehicles. Then they pull into a gas station/mini-mart in the heart of the "Bible Belt" and get pelted with rocks by a bunch of angry rednecks. I never laughed so hard.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 06:50 AM   #4
Usually Sleepy

1973 27' Overlander
East Haven , Connecticut
the show is a winner for sure. Even Wife likes it. Boy of course loves it.

favorite ..... if I had to choose one it would be the drive across the Serengetti. When Hammond named that car Oliver I knew that episode would be good.

The way they pick on each other is my favorite part of the show. Even above the car tests, etc. And I LOVE cars.

In addition, watching Jeremy squeeze himself into the cars, is a testament to his devotion to automobiles. I know this because I am even taller than he is. I struggle to get into most cars myself. I don't know how anyone over 6'5" can do it.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
1979 23' Safari
Mooresville , Indiana
Top Gear, best show on TV.

I get my Top Gear fix from finalgear.com you can download the latest episodes. Can't say I have any single favorite, too bad we can make TV like this in America.

The Top Gear guys where back in America for a road test, so we will see them having fun in America in the next season.

Damon
damonbeals is offline   Reply With Quote