View Poll Results: Are you tired of hearing about the whales?
yes 12 48.00%
no 13 52.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-30-2007, 02:17 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Originally Posted by kposey
Never underestimate the intelligence of animals. Sometimes its just the experts that don't know what is going on!

It is good to hear they are headed back out. Whales are such awesome creatures!
Yes, their journey is incredible. Although I wonder why they put themselves in such a predicament. We humans may believe they were dumb with that but maybe as the adventurous souls we humans are the whales may have been just looking for a short cut north to Alaska. Interesting though that with all the various coaxing methods employed they only moved when THEY wanted to and in the correct direction. Man I want to see their GPS. And NO I am not tired of hearing about them. We probably won't any more because as of 12:30 pm Thurs. 5/30 they cannot be found. Good, they slipped out through the Golden Gate during the night.

Neil and Lynn.

Neil and Lynn Holman
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:43 PM   #16
Rivet Master
1984 31' Airstream310
Dunsmuir , California
I'm not tired of hearing about them. We're not so good at sharing the planet so its nice when we show concern for other beings and our impact on them. Remember, they both had wounds believed to be from a propeller.

Don't know if you all heard, but the morning after the two humpbacks could no longer be located and were assumed to have gone out to sea, a dead whale was sighted. Of course we all feared the worst, but it turned out to be a gray whale and not one of the humpbacks.

"Jim Oswald, a spokesman for the Sausalito-based Marine Mammal Center, said the dead whale had multiple boat propeller wounds.

Oswald said the wayward humpback mother and her calf haven't been spotted since Tuesday and scientists believe they are back in the ocean, probably migrating north to Alaska."

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion.
If you want to be happy, practice compassion - The Dalai Lama

1984 310 Limited Motorhome
Courtesy Parking (W/S/E/Wi-Fi) on I-5 in Northern California, 70 miles from Oregon border
guy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:48 PM   #17
1986 32' Excella
2014 Interstate Ext. Coach
Citrus Heights , California
Immigrant Whales

So after a weird kind of day today- reducing fisheyes in epoxy, experimenting with carbon to aluminum sheet bonding and sending the DA my feelings on Paris house arrest, I decided to consume a few adult beverages at the , one of the local pubs. I'm sittin there mindin my own business when three others close by start talkin about the whales. I keyed right in on this- One dude says the whales were immigrant whales just passin thru, and took advantage of the medical system, using up US taxpayer dollars for injections and tracking of the offspring! Then they leave the area without even blowin anyone a kiss, disappearing in the cover of night! Whew, man o man I'ld just gotten there -left after I only wet me whistle. That from the central valley of California.

Proud Appellation American

Vine View Heights is now closed.

YETI ( 65 Quart )

IGLOO (Ice Cube, 50 Quart )
doorgunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 05:02 AM   #18
Rivet Master
1964 22' Safari
Elyria , Ohio
Send a message via Yahoo to silverhawk
I really hope those whales are out to sea and doing well, but that is pretty funny Doorgunner. Thanks for sharing that one.

silverhawk is offline   Reply With Quote