Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-28-2006, 03:47 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Talking Tomorrow... Tomorrow...

I've dyed my hair red to sing like Lil Orphan Annie. I'm picking up my new 25ft Safari FB SE from Safford RV tomorrow. I have a semi-decent checklist of things to look at and test and since this is my second airstream in just over a year (a bit bigger) I know how to operate the canopy and most other stuff. Anyone have a "deliver to customer" checklist to share?

Tomorrow... tomorrow....

Paula Ford
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:56 PM   #2
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
I can see you now, standing in front of the dealer at 6am saying, Where is everyone?

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 03:58 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Red face Idiota... Idiota!

D'oh..... THURSDAY!!!!! not WEDNESDAY.... Got aluminitis BAD.... I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!

(gee Paula, why don't you tell us how you really feel)

Sigh...

I must learn patience, and dammit I want to learn it RIGHT NOW!
Old 03-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
D'oh..... THURSDAY!!!!! not WEDNESDAY.... Got aluminitis BAD.... I can hardly wait!!!!!!!!!!

(gee Paula, why don't you tell us how you really feel)

Sigh...

I must learn patience, and dammit I want to learn it RIGHT NOW!
R U excited? Hmmmmmm Bright red hair, and no pics to show it off? Congrats on your new baby!

'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
balrgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 05:50 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1992 34' Excella
Salem , Virginia
I share your excitement. I can't afford a new one but I leave Salem, VA tomorrow to pick up my 1992 34'er in Michigan. So we'll both be getting ours on Thursday.

Although I'll probably spend a day or two with the PO going over systems before I head home.

Hope to see you at Virginia Highland Haven soon!

Tom
tomcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 06:00 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again
I've dyed my hair red to sing like Lil Orphan Annie. I'm picking up my new 25ft Safari FB SE from Safford RV tomorrow. I have a semi-decent checklist of things to look at and test and since this is my second airstream in just over a year (a bit bigger) I know how to operate the canopy and most other stuff. Anyone have a "deliver to customer" checklist to share?

Tomorrow... tomorrow....

Paula Ford
Congrats on your new baby!!!! I have a fairly complete PDI (pre-delivery inspection) list somewhere. If you would like a copy, PM me your fax and I'll look for it and send it along. Plus, you should get a PDI check sheet from your dealer that you have to sign when they do the delivery walk-thru with you.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 07:44 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Congrats Paula!! My walk-through at Fogdall's in Iowa was done by an experienced RV-er that they commissioned. Of course you'll be able to check off with your guide what you don't need for explanations -- still best to let them go through it all. They should have it fully charged and some water in the tanks maybe. Would that be time to check the shower for the lower door seal -- though we didn't see any problems there at all!

We camped near the dealer in case we had 1st night problems -- we didn't though. Check out Tom Bole's oft-mentioned checklist at the bottom of this link: http://users3.ev1.net/~crossstitch/

Enjoy yourself. I remember the day well!!! Woo-hoo!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:31 AM   #8
Naysayer

1968 24' Tradewind
Russellville , earth
Tommorow is now today.... waiting .....wait now that was thursday not today...... Oh #$%^ some one hand me a margarita, I have sympathetic buyers giddyness

Visit my photography and painting website
https://rooseveltfineart.com
Instagram is r.w.roosevelt

Boondocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Take as much time as you need...

Congrats, Paula, on your soon-to-be-delivered new baby! IIRC, Safford should give you a PDI checklist. We bought ours there in Dec. '04--our delivery appointment was at 11:00am and we didn't get out until well after 5:00pm (and driving north on 95 in the dark, towing for the first time, was REAL FUN!). We were just extra persnickety about checking everything out; even made them de-winterize (and then re-winterize) the rig so we could fill the tanks and make sure nothing leaked. They found an electrical gremlin that kept blowing fuses, draining the coach batteries and the truck battery, but the problem was resolved satifactorily before we left. Salesman Don S. was very patient with us. I'd say just tell them to be patient with you, and check out all systems, fits and finishes thoroughly. Since you full-time, you know what you're doing--and you know best what will bother you and what won't!
AgZep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 11:09 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
La-La-La !

Spending the first night in my new 2006 Safari 25' FB SE!

Does it get any better? Yep! But this is pretty good.

I'm on the lot at Safford RV in Thornburg VA (Just south of Fredericksburg on I-95). Lets see. I wouldn't have slept a single wink if I hadn't gone out to dinner with a friend and had two Cosmo's. She brought along her new lovah! (pinkie fingers out a la Sex in the City) and we all had a great time. I drove carefully back to the dealership, successfully backed up to the trailer though I did not hitch up, walked inside, locked the door, used the facilities, and fell into a three hour coma across the bed. I awakened with some premonition that all was not right, stepped outside and met a couple bringing their SOB into the dealership. It had broken loose from their van - with such force that it straightened the hooks on the safety chains until they gave way! There is lots of front end damage though it didn't fall apart, and all of the wires, etc are shredded. Apparently it rolled down an embankment and came to rest. Looks repairable, but too dark to tell for sure.

The real miracle is that it DID break loose because this nice couple has FOUR kids in the van. If the trailer had tipped over, or bucked from side to side heavily, it might have wrecked the van. They said the kids are shaken up, but OK. I think I just walked in on the tail end of a minor miracle. They are coming down from Wisconsin, so don't know anyone in the area. I'll see if there's any assistance they need tomorrow. Their trailer is really small - probably 20 ft. and they said they've towed without incident for several years. Hope they have insurance and can just get a new one.

Well I'm using the crappy keyboard on my laptop and I think I'm still a tiny bit buzzed. Anyone out there have a day as good as mine?

(Oh BTW, I just noticed the one upgrade the FB SE doesn't have - it's got a plastic toilet. Anyone want to tell me that plastic is better than porcelain? If so, why? And any tricks for cleaning a plastic potty or should I just pay them to set a porcelain one in the pissoire?

Paula Ford

Paula Ford
Old 03-31-2006, 01:16 AM   #11
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Tiny bit buzzed!?

paula -

You are my hero!! When I am a 'tiny bit buzzed', there is NO WAY I could spell pissiore ( did I get it right this time??). Wow, am I impressed with your typing abilities - not mention the whole thinking striaght thing!!

Seriously, I hope that you LOVE that new coach even better than the last one. Got my fingers crossed for you. Also have the family my prayers!!! Vacation is probably shot for them, but at least they are around to talk about it, AND hopefully get a new trailer to see them through - AS anyone???

All the best!!!!

Be careful out there....

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:51 AM   #12
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Paula,
Get the "real" thing...get porcelain...no good will ever come of the plastic one. I really think they hold odors, discolor and once they get a scratch in the surface it is all over. Besides...how can you ever worship a false god... (as in worshiping the porcelain god)

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:18 AM   #13
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Los Alamos , New Mexico
I know how you feel.
My Airstream in on its way from the Factory to the dealer at this moment.
I wanted to pick it up Monday. Can't, Bummer. I have an appointment Tuesday that I cannot change. It is going to have to wait until Wednesday.
So close yet so far.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 05:34 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Slept - a little

Now mind you I am NOT griping, but living in a trailer even for one night... and the ideas for minor modifications hits you. The Airstream factory rep was actually here yesterday and may be here today. So here is my list so far. In the W.C. there is a small cupboard next to the throne - it has sliding doors, but they've put the knobs on the doors almost 2 inches from the edge. Result; the opening is only about 5 - 6" wide, if they had used inset handles the doors could slide past one another and open 9 inches wide or so. Even so, this is a perfect spot for those desperately needed spare toilet paper rolls. There is a blank panel under the wardrobe on the floor that has a furnace vent coming out of it. However it is actually hinged and gives you access to your water filter, etc. There is no grip point that you can open the darned thing with though, Again simply grap a router and put a finger wide inset into the top on the back side or have a pull tape screwed into the back that protrudes up about 2 inches so you can grab it. Third the wardrobe itself has a shelf that runs from front to back. I'd like the front two inches or so removed. That way I could put hooks (scotch brand removable) on the back of the door and hang my awning tool there as well as a nightgown, broom, etc.

I've already realized I miss my 22 CCD's desk (the dinette is uncomfortably high for me to type at) and I think there might be a small "TV table option for the bedroom (if not there's an oddly placed outlet!) I'm going to ask about that and see if it's something that might be the right height and big enough for a laptop.

Paula Ford.

PS: the A/C with heatpump is awesome - and having the furnace controls built in too is just great!.

I'm sort of blogging myself to remind me to talk everything over with the dealer. Thanks for listening... must find coffee....
Old 03-31-2006, 08:29 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
... Besides...how can you ever worship a false god... ...
Aaron
Wow, I thought we were all geezers and had learned how to avoid the evening worship services (I mean, it took 30 years to learn , but that means I've been worship-free for a decade or so ).
Old 03-31-2006, 12:28 PM   #16
Ready-to-Travel

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Congrats, Paula -

Page and I live about halfway on your way home, if you need anything. Take Rt 30 at Doswell and we're near King William.

Good luck!

Pat
pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:44 PM   #17
Tramp Streamer
Commercial Member

1995 28' Excella
Artist , at Large
Paula, remember to breath, in and out, in and out. Paula, Paula, are you breathing...PAULA....PAULA...PAULLLA...

Sombody, anybody, has Paula turned blue

Paula, Paula, speak to us....

Congrats on the new rig and safe fulltiming,

Michael
ArtStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 07:29 PM   #18
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Paula,

Remember to keep your eyes on the prize and go over EVERYTHING with the PDI tech. Get anything you need done IN WRITING....or don't leave untitl you are satisfied.

ALL THE BEST FOR YOUR NEW RIG
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:31 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
More minor mods

Heh, heh, heh. I just realized the table leg is put on backwards. It should fold back and lock under the dinette table. Nope, lock is facing outward. Oh well four screws and it's fixed.

Looking at my wardrobe again, the top shelf is quite generous... I wish it was 3 or 4 inches higher to give more hanging length to items in the wardrobe. The drawer under the streetside bench of the dinette won't stay closed when the A/S is moving, just using an odd locking mechanism rather than the straightforward hook that other doors and cabinets use. Investigating that is how I noticed the dinette leg.

Just trying to keep a good list going. Nothing to bother the dealer about yet.

Paula Ford

I'm sitting here with my windows open trying to get the "new car" smell out
Old 04-01-2006, 11:49 PM   #20
_

. , .
where are the friggin' pictures......

i need to see the insides.....

camera battery charged?

2air'
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote