Old 09-15-2003, 04:46 PM   #15
Rivet Master
Send a message via Yahoo to yukionna
Re: We have a 17", 12V LCD unit installed

As usual, dtbw, I am amazed and wowed by the depth and breadth of your research and I thank-you for sharing the results of your investigations with us!

Originally posted by dtbw
If this is of interest, I will email you how we did installation.
Yes, please!

Originally posted by dtbw
I am picking up our Bambi mid week and I will take some detailed pics of the mount, TV and DVD player and add them to my posted pics.
I look forward to seeing them. Also note Yargseth's alternate installation location for his TV -- on the side wall.

yukionna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:40 AM   #16
4 Rivet Member
1999 34' Limited
2002 19' Bambi
Allen , Texas
Swing mount vs articulating mount

In looking at Yargseth's LDC TV mount, the TV is in a similar location, but the mount attachment location and type is different. His mount is a swing mount attached to the adjacent wall. This type of mount allows the TV to swing left to right, but not up and down (can't tell from pic, but I will assume that it does have a ball swivel where it attaches to the TV which allows you to adjust the viewing angle...a necessity with an LCD TV). In a fully articulating mount such as I used, the TV can be adjusted in any plane, limited only by physical obstructions such as the wall, ceiling, cabinet. Both are excellent methods of mounting an LDC TV and it is a matter of choice. I preferred the ability to have totally freedom of adjustment, but the cost is somewhat higher. The fully articulating mount is also available in a wall mount version, so if you are timid about pulling the refrig out a bit to mount the type I used, that is another option.

It does not appear that Yargseth's installed a quick release between the mount and the TV. I think this is really a must have. In either type of mount, there is significant leverage potential and the forces created while traveling can be significant. The quick release option that I installed is key locked, so it makes theft almost impossible while attached), yet lets me remove the TV in seconds for travel or use outdoors (BTW, I also installed a 12V wireless video/audio system, so that we can watch DVDs outdoors without having to string wires (other than a 12V connection or using the 120V to 12V adapter).

Although Yargseth's choice of a DVD/VCR combo gives him an additional choice of media (VHS), it also requires a 110V invertor to run when AC power is missing and it is significantly larger than the 12V DVD player that I installed. It also appears that his TV is 120V vs 12V (ie nothing is plugged into the 12V outlet in the pics). I am planning to retrieve the Bambi tomorrow, so I will post the pic NLT Thursday (also I will take pics of the dumpvalve setup as well as the clearance measurements).

david & bret
'02 Bambi LS
'99 34' Limited
Air Forums # 2159
Past President Heart of Texas Camping Unit
WBCCI # 7548
dtbw is offline   Reply With Quote