Old 03-20-2009, 09:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Looks as if we have thwarted the efforts of the scammers using the good name of Airstream... I haven't seen any more on Craigslist for quite a few days now. Good news!! :-) Just wondering what other product they're now using to scam...

WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
aircooled4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 04:51 AM   #30
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
Airstream Scam/Happy Ending

Ours was a very happy ending. You will see in my profile I own a 2002 19' Bambi. When I registered here, I had just "won" the Bambi on the eBay scam. So that is what I registered. eBay proactively contacted me and said the listing was invalid and canceled the auction. So my wife and I continued our search and as luck would have it, a 2002 19' Bambi came available in Gillette, Wyoming. We purchased that trailer from a very nice couple last night. So I don't even have to change my profile.

Old 03-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Congratulations Don!! So happy it all ended well and you still ended up with the trailer you wanted. And thank God you didn't send the $ to the scammer before it was too late! Welcome to the forums, welcome to AS ownership, and glad things are looking up after your brush with the scammers!
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 03-21-2009, 08:18 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Almost Always Sunny Sarasota , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by donshade View Post
Ours was a very happy ending. You will see in my profile I own a 2002 19' Bambi. When I registered here, I had just "won" the Bambi on the eBay scam. So that is what I registered. eBay proactively contacted me and said the listing was invalid and canceled the auction. So my wife and I continued our search and as luck would have it, a 2002 19' Bambi came available in Gillette, Wyoming. We purchased that trailer from a very nice couple last night. So I don't even have to change my profile.

Congratulations on your new Bambi I am so glad that it all worked out in your favor. The first AS I found ended up bring a scam as well. The tip off was when they wouldn't let an inspector check it out in Atlanta. They informed me that it had already been crated for shipping which was free by the way. I just had a hard time picturing a crated 34' Airstream. I asked them if I could pick it up? Then they said that wasn't an option. So I told them that would be sending the check to them by "Passenger Pigeon" and to look to the East.

SL
Old 03-21-2009, 11:28 PM   #33
1 Rivet Member

2002 19' Bambi
Boulder , Colorado
Scammed but not defeated

While I was embarassed about falling for the scam, it's nice now that I'm sitting in the Bambi watching PBS TV via the Winegard antenna. I'm parked in my driveway just like when I was 17 just sitting in my new car.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #34
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Britnie baled on us I guess, Must 'ev sold that fine bamby...

ďAfter all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.Ē
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Iím the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #35
Rivet Master

1955 22' Flying Cloud
Boulder Creek , California
donshade, congrats on your new bambi. I spent many evenings sitting in my driveway in my safari when I got it too.

Happy streaming! Rich
Old 04-08-2009, 09:02 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1971 31' Sovereign
1967 22' Safari
1958 22' World Traveler
Pardeeville , Wisconsin
Ok everyone, HERE WE GO AGAIN!!! Lots of scam posts on Craigslist again tonight. They always list a 2005 19' International CCD Bambi, then throw a few other words in there for flair. The prices are more jumbled now, but always in the $5800's ($5834, 5823, 5897, etc.)

If you can check your local Craigslist or if you can use a national Craigslist search, please "search and destroy" these so no one gets suckered in. I'm posting as I go!!!

Sheri
WBCCI #10917
AIR #32349
TAC #WI-2
Old 04-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #37
Commercial Member

1971 31' Sovereign
New London , Pennsylvania
Be aware Europe, France, Deutschland, United Kingdom, there are a number of Airstream scams now with own blogs and internet searching machine for ebay and craigslist ads, photos and description. F.e. " Airstream Import USA " Klaus Moskop located in Miami Florida is trying to sell hundreds of unknown Airstream Trailers on it's blogspot in the internet. He is asking 33% deposit downpayments ..attention / warning..!! he has criminal past, German courts are looking for him....fraud in many German citizens.. check this Forum to see how big trouble he still has with many people....and the video from german television report. Take care Airstreamers !
Old 04-20-2009, 01:41 PM   #38
Airstream1661

2007 23' Safari SE
Johns Creek , Georgia
Send a message via AIM to mikenicholso Send a message via Yahoo to mikenicholso Send a message via Skype™ to mikenicholso
I just got the email from Britni Griffin using email address britnigrf76@gmail.com

Encouraging me to buy the Bambi on Ebay and explaining that I could see pictures of it at Picasa Web Albums - Britni - Airstream

Funny thing is these pics are from Colonial:

Colonial Airstream NJ*- 2005 Airstream International CCD 19' Bambi
Old 04-20-2009, 02:04 PM   #39
CLOUDSPLITTER "Tahawas"

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Welcome Aboard!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenicholso View Post
I just got the email from Britni Griffin using email address britnigrf76@gmail.com

Encouraging me to buy the Bambi on Ebay and explaining that I could see pictures of it at Picasa Web Albums - Britni - Airstream

Funny thing is these pics are from Colonial:

Colonial Airstream NJ*- 2005 Airstream International CCD 19' Bambi
BRITNI'S BACK!!!

Hope she's as gentle with you as she was with me.

ďAfter all these years the reason I continue to love Thanksgiving.....I still sit at the kids table.Ē
RLC

Sandra wanted to go to Cleveland on vacation,
but Iím the Husband, so we went to Cleveland.
RLC
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:01 PM   #40

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
I saw one of those $5800 Bambi's on our local CL. I clicked on it because the title mentioned 'Towel Rack TV DVD', and I thought, wow - limited characters and you use them up pointing out it has a towel rack? This I gotta see! Then I saw the price and realized it was just another scammer

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #41
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
No honor among thieves?

I just fired up my nuclear-powered search engine, and found a hit about the current scammer. "What's the big deal about this?" you may ask. Thank you, I knew somebody would ask...
One of the "hits" I got was a website put out by scammers to alert them to scammers that have scammed them. The person above is not well thought of by his fellow scammers. Pretty funny stuff, if you think about it (in a perverse way, of course). On a separate page of the website, there is a link to download the software needed to flood Craigslist with scam ads, only $347 USD.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:53 AM   #42

Hurtsboro , Alabama
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for posting this information!! I replied to "Britni" last night and was eagerly anticipating her response so that I could go look at "the Bambi" today and hopefully take it home. I did get a response, curiously just like the one posted on your forum indicating it was a scam (which my husband cautioned me about last night and prompted my search which resulted in me finding your forum!). Just so you know, she is going by Britni A. Grand now. Hope this forum helps someone else as it did me a lot of heartache wanting "that Bambi".

I still want one but I guess $5800 is too good to be true, oh well.