Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Willis , Texas
The Cadillac in dondogs profile photo

I was flipping through the profile photos when I came across a new members (dondogs) photo taken at the Cadillac Ranch in Amrillo, TX. I happen to have an example of the very car he is standing behind so I thought I would share a photo of her (the car and us) down in Bisbee's Shady Dell campground. We stayed in the Spartan behind us and highly recommend staying there if you are down there. Intrestingly enough the artists who made this, drove complete, running cars into the holes and then filled in the hole. Could you imagine an Airstream "ranch"? I thought it was sacrilege to so this to Cadillac's but Airstream's???? P.S. I could not attach dondogs profile photo so please look under the "D"'s to see his picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	60 Cadillac at Shady Dell.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	251.6 KB
ID:	17380  
72 tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Just an old timer...

2004 22' Interstate
Tipton , Iowa
You mean... like 'Streamhenge'?

According to member "Amfab" in http://www.airforums.com/forum...ht=streamhenge ,

Quote:
Streamhenge (pictured below) is a complete ancient mystery.
The monoliths that make up Streamhenge do not pose as serious an enigma as Stonehenge with regards to how the ancients got them there, because the monoliths at Streamhenge are trailerable, while those at Stonehenge were not. There still is the amazing fact that one of the monoliths at Streamhenge has a roof air conditioning unit, and air conditioning would not be invented for thousands of years! This leads one to beleive that perhaps this was alien technology brought to the ancients here on earth. It can be assumed that if some advanced civilization helped the ancient RVers develop AC, it would have of course been CFC free (due to the advanced technology needed to get to earth in the first place) but alas no coolant is left to test in the system, so we are unable to tell what the refrigerant was.
Could this be an anceint campground where aliens would go to boondock? Letting them get away from the hustle and bustle of interplanetary travel? It would fit that some highly evolved life form would be behind Airstream design... how else could they be so far superior a trailer?
Roger
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	streamhenge.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	15.2 KB
ID:	17381  
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 05:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
I can't help but wonder if someone has become un"henged" here.

Poor buggers in the tow vehicles. Clearly one has to consider the fact that there is not one anti-sway control in the batch.

Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 12:46 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Ormond Beach , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72 tradewind
I was flipping through the profile photos when I came across a new members (dondogs) photo taken at the Cadillac Ranch in Amrillo, TX. .........................I could not attach dondogs profile photo so please look under the "D"'s to see his picture.
Feel free to swipe it! http://www.whereswillie.com/files/wgcadd.jpg

The one on the website is smaller.

I've been off the road for a long time, so Airstreams haven't been on my mind. This morning I mentioned to a neighbor that it's time to sell the house and become mobile.............but what to do with all of the stuff ? Then I was discussing with a friend that if you google your handle on a forum you'd be surprised what you find. I found this post. I hadn't done it in a long time..........Yikes!

My dream at one time was to buy a bunch of old Airstreams, arrange them in a corral, as part of an existing campground, and rent them to travelers who wanted the experience, but not having to tow. Decorate in a 50's theme, maybe with cars attached..................just a pipe dream.

Stick them in the ground? might be cool............polish them and blind passing drivers

I didn't see the henge pic, as this was a google cashed thread, pretty cool. Real or Photoshop? This thread is ancient, so I' may never know, but will try to come back from time to time.