Old 12-12-2005, 08:50 AM   #15
Rivet Master
Originally Posted by canny_banjo_man
U with Me Nick ???.
Sure am. I respect the raw power of your scooter! Mine was only a Lambretta LI150, and I could never afford loads of mirrors! My brother bought it for me for my 16th birthday for 5 pounds in 1963. I used it to visit my GF (now my wife) every friday night, 20 miles across the smoke near Twickenham. One night I lost control at a roundabout near Tolworth, and slid on my side into a bus shelter, scattering the surprised occupants. The next week, the same roundabout, the same time, the same bus shelter, the same occupants! On another subject, the Kinks were playing at Plymouth, UK, in October 2005! Have fun. (BTW, I recall being ejected by the bouncers at the Orchid Ballroom, Purley. Those were the days!) Nick.

Nick Crowhurst, Excella 25 1988, Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel. England in summer, USA in winter.
"The price of freedom is eternal maintenance."
nickcrowhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 12:54 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Yorkshire , England

Hi Nick... I owned a Li 150, a '57 model, red 'n cream, took Me many a mile, & many a yard down the road on My Bum... summat 2 do with the fixed headlamp, NOT bein able 2 C around the bends...LOL... soon mastered it tho, got sick of KISSIN tarmac...LOL, KINKS...WOW, I saw the Beatles in the early '60s, at the Doncaster Gaumont... FAB, don't kn abt the 4, more like FAB A MILLION... The " Good 'Ole days ". U must have bn real bad 2 get bounced outta the Orchid, din't U have enough flower-power on Yr Shirt ???... LOL.
Funny how the City still called "The Smoke", I doubt there's a smokey chimney left now, is there ?... Bet U never capsised a boat at Hyde Park did U ?... I lost My shoe in the MUD... & My brand new Timex watch got flooded, even tho it had stopped, it WAS still right, twice a day...jus a lttl hard 2 work out when...LMAO...Chris.....

It's NICE 2B Important...but it's more Important 2B NICE...Chris.....
canny_banjo_man is offline   Reply With Quote