Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-13-2016, 09:07 AM   #1107
Rivet Master
 
Lumatic's Avatar

 
1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,417
Images: 16
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
I don't remember a lot, but THAT doesn't look at all like the stage at Woodstock.
And the genesis of the work hippie is not hypocrite.
You obviously weren't there or a part of the movement.
I wasn't there, but know for a fact Woodstock had a simple open stage.

You are incorrect on the etiology of "hippie". Also acceptable spelling is "hippy". Hippie comes from "hip" which comes from the 40's and 50's "hep". A hippy using hep as part of his or her vocabulary was definitely unhip.
__________________

__________________
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 09:11 AM   #1108
Figment of My Imagination
 
Protagonist's Avatar
 
2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9,135
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
You are incorrect on the etiology of "hippie".
Of course, but it DID stir up an argument that has lasted quite a while, so it served its purpose admirably.
__________________

__________________
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

I don't have an anger management problem. I manage to remember exactly what everyone has done to make me angry!
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 05:33 PM   #1109
Got gandkids?
 
Jim & Susan's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,346
Images: 39
etiology. entomology. etymology. Aren;t speell checkers a pain in the a$$?

Jim
__________________
www.nesa.org

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:32 PM   #1110
Rivet Master
 
Lumatic's Avatar

 
1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,417
Images: 16
Blog Entries: 1
**** yes
__________________
Sail on silver girl. Sail on by. Your time has come to shine.
Lumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:27 AM   #1111
Site Team
 
, Minnesota
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,757
Images: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
**** yes
Fallacy: Ignoratio elenchi

The title of this thread prohibits your argument.
__________________
markdoane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 06:39 PM   #1112
Got gandkids?
 
Jim & Susan's Avatar

 
1973 27' Overlander
'Possum Holler , Georgia
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 5,346
Images: 39
Speaking of fallacies and such, this kinda applies as well.

не знаю я mолbко живу на краю

Jim
__________________
www.nesa.org

Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 11:40 PM   #1113
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,463
Images: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Susan View Post
Speaking of fallacies and such, this kinda applies as well.

не знаю я mолbко живу на краю

Jim
Speaking of spell checkers:

Did you mean?

не знаю я только живу

Ken
__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:12 AM   #1114
Rivet Master
 
McDave's Avatar
 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 541
Может быть он говорил по Украинский?
__________________
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 07:27 AM   #1115
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
 
lewster's Avatar
 
Vintage Kin Owner
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 7,251
Ukrainian? ......... Probably? Maybe? Want to argue about it?????


Lew Farber
RVIA/RVDA Nationally Certified Master Tech
ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
Master Tech Energy Systems, Inc.
AM Solar Certified Installation Center*AMS Lithium Batteries
Lifeline AGM Batteries**Magnum Inverters***Victron Energy Components
541-490-6357
__________________
Lew Farber...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician...RVIA Certified Master Tech ...AM Solar Authorized Installation Center...AIRSTREAM Solar & Electrical Specialist...Micro Air 'Easy Start' Sales and Installations
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 09:51 PM   #1116
Don't forget your cat nap
 
Ag&Au's Avatar
 
Port Orchard , Washington
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4,463
Images: 1
необходимо постоянно утверждать, оставаться по-настоящему живым.

P.S. I studied Russian for 2 years long long ago.

All the preceding conversation, however was courtesy of google translate. Therefore it may not indicate my true meaning, which is fine as I'm not sure what that was anyway.

Ken
__________________
Ag&Au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2016, 11:11 AM   #1117
Rivet Master
 
McDave's Avatar
 
2014 23' Flying Cloud
Fair Oaks , California
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 541
Should make us appreciate living in a society where we can just live, without our right to life being threatened to the the point that we feel we have to constantly assert it, хорошо?
__________________
McDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 11:25 AM   #1118
Rivet Master
 
Gene's Avatar
 
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,822
We've had about 8" or 9" of snow here since Friday. I'm sure you Ruskie speaking guys sent it here. Carrumba! Mon Deiu! Nyet! Não! (I did not use Google translate and therefore, all foreign words are suspect.)

In other news, not every strain of flu made it into last fall's flu vaccine. Barb and I are victims of that decision. Where are the "scientists" who made that bad decision? I want to argue with them except I'm still coughing from the pneumonia that showed up with the flu for me. You do not want to get the flu when you are in your dotage—I felt like I was hit by a speeding motorhome. And why is the definite article used with "the flu" but not "influenza"?

Gene
__________________
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:22 PM   #1119
Site Team
 
, Minnesota
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 6,757
Images: 59
Sorry you got flu. I heard from CDC that this years vaccine was a better match than most recent years.
Regardless, if you got the influenze it still hurts.
The definite article is used with the flu and not Influenza because Influenza is capitalized. Also the "in" is silent when you say the flu. Also to avoid confusion with a device for expelling combustion products from a furnace or boiler.
__________________
markdoane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 02:59 PM   #1120
Rivet Master
 
Drathaar's Avatar
 
2012 25' FB Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Twin Rocks , Oregon
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 698
Images: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by markdoane View Post
Fallacy: Ignoratio elenchi

The title of this thread prohibits your argument.
Ipse dixit
__________________

__________________
Drathaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by



Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.