Old 01-24-2012, 08:38 AM   #253
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Cleveland , Tennessee
Gene: I disagree with you, we don't all watch HSN!!! Using an antenna and a digital converter box, I still get that awesome stationary grid pattern with the Indian Chief in the middle! And I don't have to watch commercials! Medical marrijuana is a medical miracle.

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." Lewis Carroll

AIR #38011
TAC TN-4
NOVA
Steelegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #254
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Don't try to lord it over us that you watch CSPAN while the rest of us watch HSN.

Gene
Believe me, if I really watched CSPAN, it would be a secret guarded more closely that the location of my Playboys when I was in Jr. High.

Ken

Old 01-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #255
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
Believe me, if I really watched CSPAN, it would be a secret guarded more closely that the location of my Playboys when I was in Jr. High.

Ken
Ken, contradictory testimony about CSPAN as well as an admission that you looked at smut when you were junior high school. A life of crime started in his early teens, ladies and gentlemen of the jury. But I digress, as usual…

I can't get Grand Junction TV, but having seen the local news there a few times, I can testify that the Indian test pattern is a better choice than happy well haired anchors who can't read. Does a lot of hair spray cause reading problems? Even medical marijuana doesn't improve GJ news programs (unless the anchors medicate too).

Another brownie and I'll agree with everyone. Perhaps we should have an Agreement Thread.

Gene
Old 01-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #256
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
Just noticed this thread, which I think is-arguably- the best thread in the whole world. (ok, not including ones that have lots of pics of rotten plywood and cracked toilet flanges) Anyone got a problem with that?
Old 01-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #257
Rivet Idiot

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
On The Lake , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tphan
Just noticed this thread, which I think is-arguably- the best thread in the whole world. (ok, not including ones that have lots of pics of rotten plywood and cracked toilet flanges) Anyone got a problem with that?
This is a terrible thread. Back to the brownies now.
Old 01-24-2012, 10:57 AM   #258
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
It is one thing to attack what people say, but the real fun is attacking each other and your mother.

After watching the debate last night, the only interesting parts were the personal attacks. So we should get down in the gutter to show we are as good as any presidential candidate and make this great and awful thread even better and worse.

The brownies add a protective layer of incoherence.

Barb, bring me another brownie. If I try to get up myself, I'll fall down giggling.

Gene
Old 01-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #259
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirHeadsRus View Post
This is a terrible thread. Back to the brownies now.
It is NOT and you know it. But I do think brownies are the best chocolate snack in the whole world, if this makes you like me more.
Old 01-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #260

Quote:

I can't get Grand Junction TV, but having seen the local news there a few times, I can testify that the Indian test pattern is a better choice than happy well haired anchors who can't read. Does a lot of hair spray cause reading problems? Even medical marijuana doesn't improve GJ news programs (unless the anchors medicate too).

Gene
I don't know about GJT, but I'm positive that the Eagles' song "Dirty Laundry" is about Channel 9 news in Denver.

Ken
Old 01-24-2012, 11:29 AM   #261
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Compared to local news anywhere, the Daily Show and SNL do a better job.

Gene
Old 01-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #262
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Longmont , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by w7ts View Post
Keep in mind that after making a post, you have 30 minutes to go back and edit it.
This is handy if you want to change sides of an argument. I believe that then you can safely deny what you said in the first place.
I don't disagree with you, and I apologize for that. Other good ways to dodge are "It says so in the bible"; "I wuz jes funnin witcha"; and "it's all good".
So, w7ts from another planet- what do you make of things down here? Is gas cheaper, or more expensive, where you come from? How about things like those plastic flamingos- made on your planet or do you have to get them from China, like we do? gort nikto mirata
Old 01-24-2012, 11:59 AM   #263
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
Metairie , Louisiana
Quote:
After watching the debate last night, the only interesting parts were the personal attacks. So we should get down in the gutter to show we are as good as any presidential candidate and make this great and awful thread even better and worse.
I have long asserted that anyone who genuinely thinks that he/she is wise enough make good decisions affecting three hundred million Americans must be clinically insane (megalomania, narcissism, monomania, etc.) and should not be allowed to hold any public office due to being mentally unfit to handle their own affairs, let alone the country's.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

Engineering: Finding complex solutions to simple problems you didn't even know you had.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:09 PM   #264

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
I have long asserted that anyone who genuinely thinks that he/she is wise enough make good decisions affecting three hundred million Americans must be clinically insane (megalomania, narcissism, monomania, etc.) and should not be allowed to hold any public office due to being mentally unfit to handle their own affairs, let alone the country's.
That is the theory behind the selection of the ruler of the universe in "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". Everyone who wanted the job, wanted it for a wrong reason. So the only person in the universe who did not want the job was selected.

Ken
Old 01-24-2012, 12:56 PM   #265
Rivet Master

1959 17' Pacer
Long Beach , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
It doesn't even matter who we elect, because this country's not going anywhere. It's gonna need a new axle first.

1959 Pacer 18' Renovation - Knight in Shining Armor

Our Adventure Blog - Documenting our backpacking, hiking, camping, and Airstreaming
(still updating, haven't gotten to the Airstream trips yet)
worldinchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #266

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldinchaos View Post
It doesn't even matter who we elect, because this country's not going anywhere. It's gonna need a new axle first.
I think anything over 300,000,000 needs triple axles. Perhaps that the whole problem.