Old 12-17-2014, 08:18 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Thank you for posting this "thread". ...
That's when I came across this thread and am extremely greatful .
Yes, I second that motion - thank you and I wish I had noticed this thread sooner. I had NO IDEA this scamming problem was as large as it is until my husband actually found our Airstream Interstate on the internet for sale by a scammer. I don't mean any old Interstate - I mean OUR Interstate, the same vehicle for which we have clear title.

A month after I reported the scammer to the FBI, we are still seeing brand new scam ads appearing for the sale of our vehicle. In the beginning we did a little bit of scambaiting, but kinda gave up on it because I wasn't sure what we would be accomplishing.

Anyway, I wrote about it with some avoidance tips here for anyone who is interested:

InterBlog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #58
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Originally Posted by InterBlog View Post

Anyway, I wrote about it with some avoidance tips here for anyone who is interested:

Nice write up!

As an aside folks, there is a report problem ad function on all AIR ads. If you see something that seems amiss please use it. Airstreams are cool and scammers know this. AIRforums members are some of the most educated buyers out there and have been a great help spotting problems. Keep up the good work!

1964 Overlander | '08 Touareg V6
Current Project: 1964 Globetrotter

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2005 31' Classic
Garner, , North Carolina

Originally Posted by Jammer View Post
::shrug:: Scambaiting is a dangerous game, Mora, both from a standpoint of your own physical safety and in that it leaves you open to fraud charges. It's far from clear to me that there is any benefit to anyone aside from whatever possible entertainment value there may be.
FRAUD charges.. that funny.. how do you think a scammer is going to be able to proceed with fraud charges.. how can (he) prove you are frauding him and not him frauding you.. might not be a issue for him MORA i would guess.

I say if you can keep the scumbags attentions for any length of time you are doing a good thing.

another site to check out.. 419 Eater - The largest scambaiting community on the planet! some of the stuff is too funny to comprehend.
Carl, Raleigh NC
2-24-16 got a 2005 Classic 31D
Timeshare owner/user since '99 check it out for good rental deals
2003 F-250 SD, CC, 7.3L PowerStroke
WBCCI#1691, Piedmont Unit #161, Region #3
carl2591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2015, 07:50 PM   #60
Currently Looking...
Carthage , Texas

This is still going on FYI. Here is here listing. This time she says her name is Tabitha Gaines and is in the military to be deployed. Sickening.

Wendyarnold is offline   Reply With Quote