Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2011, 12:32 PM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2011 30' Classic
Kingwood , Texas
I am also a fan of Double Lake for the reason's Bike Addict mentioned. Although now it is Half Lake as it is mostly dry except by the dam. They need to mow the lake bed!
extiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:26 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Here in Virginia we're having record rains. It's incredible how much mold and rot and leaks, and on and on.

I will earnestly pray that we switch weather patterns so you can get some of what we have too much of. Those pictures of the deer are just heartbreaking and I know the ranchers are suffering.

I was in San Antonio in June - and could see how it was already far dryer than eastern Texas... and I know that wasn't even in the truly drought stricken area.

Pray for Texas relief SOON.

Paula
Old 09-29-2011, 02:34 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Austin , Texas
90 days over 100

Today Austin recorded it's 90th day of 100 or more degrees for the year. To hot and too dry for too long!

Dennis
dstalzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:58 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Post The Town That Ran Out of Water

Story on TWC; The Town that Ran Out of Water - weather.com

The good news is that Texas has had above average rain during January, and the lakes are filling up again! 'Thank Goodness'!!
TRfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRfour View Post
Story on TWC; The Town that Ran Out of Water - weather.com

The good news is that Texas has had above average rain during January, and the lakes are filling up again! 'Thank Goodness'!!
From the news tonight, Lake Buchanan came up just a bit, but Lake Travis actually fell slightly today. A lot of the heaviest rain has been east of us and doesn't fill our lakes. Lake Travis is at near-record lows. It is heart breaking to see it.

On the other hand, I have green in my yard for the first time in about 6 months. I may even have to mow one of these days.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 11:25 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Grand Prairie , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pahaska View Post
From the news tonight, Lake Buchanan came up just a bit, but Lake Travis actually fell slightly today. A lot of the heaviest rain has been east of us and doesn't fill our lakes. Lake Travis is at near-record lows. It is heart breaking to see it.

On the other hand, I have green in my yard for the first time in about 6 months. I may even have to mow one of these days.
Absolutely! about all we can do is to keep the rain dance 'aflowant, and hope for the best. We are not out of the woods yet by any means, couldn't harvest hay to feed the cattle last year and beef prices are skyrocketing as a result!..
Lake Levels
TRfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:05 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
2001 36' Land Yacht XC Diesel 300 hp w/slide
Helotes , Texas
Texas Drought

We need to pray for a tropical depression to settle over the area for a few days, and for La Nina to recede
lsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #28
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
Depends on where you are if "recovery" means much. Not here, for example.

The US Drought Monitor shows a sobering picture.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #29
Noob

2009 22' Sport
Columbus , Texas
We're not out of the woods yet. I got nearly 8 inches of rain in January. We hadn't seen the low water crossings flooded in a long time. Our pond is about a foot shy of being full. The last time it was to the brim was over 2 years ago.

I hope the weather forecasters continue to be wrong.