Old 05-05-2004, 01:56 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Temecula (Corona) California Fires

Like many others, I am concerned about people in these fires...
We never thought we'd be faced with this so early...but some 'jerk' (putting it mildly---they're are children on here, after all)...started them. (Isn't it usually the case?)

This is to Inland RV (Andy--member of our Forums):
(Andy, I sent this via regular eMail...just wanted to cover all possible mailboxes you might check in to).

Just a note to tell you both that I'm praying you're ok...and the fires are not lapping at your doors.
Seriously.......God's Speed to you all.
..........luv & hugz

*Cat's Vardo "Bear" (1981-32ft.Excella)[/u] to meet good people in good Parks[/i]
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 02:53 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1971 23' Safari
Joshua Tree , California
Although Inland RV may be safe from the flames as it is located in an industrial park, the smoke can be almost as horrible as the flames. The wind changed yesterday and I could smell the smoke from the fires 160 miles away.

Here is a map, the red 'X' is Inland RV, the fire is on the right side of the I 15 between Lake Elsinore and the "15" sign on the map:

Here is a link to a 'fire map' of the area: Click here

I too, hope everyone at Inland is doing okay, and none of them live in the fire area.

mtpalms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:04 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member
Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Fire Map

Thank you so much for the map... unfortunately the "Fire Map" you provided a "click here" (link) for,,,takes one to the LA Times, where you have to register if you aren't already a member; I don't mind doing it...but the time will preclude me replying to your post at this sitting.

Andy has emailed me, and it doesn't seem that they are in the "line of fire"...or he would have said.

Your comment about the smoke is something I relate to dearly...having been 'in' the Oakland Hills Fire of 1991?. My daughter's house was 10 miles from the fireline...and standing on her back porch the HEAT on our faces (from the flames) made you feel like you were getting a sunburn---and the smoke was stiffling.
But 150 miles...? Whoa! That's harsh.
Now, I'll go register for the LA Times...
(thanx for the opportunity)
*Cat's Vardo "Bear" (1981-32ft.Excella)[/u] to meet good people in good Parks[/i]
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
Corona , California
Fire Zone

Thanks to everyone that's concerned.

We are not nor have we been in any immediate danger of the fires. However, when you toss in all the "ifs," then anything can happen.

Fortunately a massive part of Corona itself would have to burn, before any fire could get to our business or home.

The smell from the smoke, that's expected and accepted. Not much you can do about that except stay inside.

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote