Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-30-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Support our troops

I know it sucks but I totally support these people no matter what.My dad went to vietnam and is still feeling the pain to this day.
Thought this was really cool to show.
http://objflicks.com/GladiatorAmericanStyle.htm

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:44 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1975 31' Sovereign
Oxford , Mississippi
It really makes you think. Why cant it just end!!!
Air# 9552
rebel beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 09:54 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2005 22' Safari
Santa Ana , California
That was pretty well done.
The part that tears at me the most is seeing a family man get killed.

I'm proud of our troops and I hope the best for them.
"Life is like a box of chocolates..." Forrest Gump
Killo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

New Borockton , Alabama
I don't think that sucks at all Devoman. That was on time. Yes war sucks but not what you posted, that link rocks!
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
HHP
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Yucca Valley , California
Living near the 29 Palms Marine Base, I reminded every day of the vital job they do to keep this world in check.

I attended the "Victory Parade" when they came back from the first gulf war. I can hardly wait for the next parade after this vital campaign is over.

Happy 4th of July, one and all!
HHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 05:42 AM   #6
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Sorry 68

I was just meaning war sucks no matter what we have to do.I can say that I wish it would never happen again but I know that wont be happening.I do support our troops though,No matter what happens.It is going to be a very,very long road to recovery from this one.

Old 07-01-2006, 05:47 AM   #7
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Parade

I am so glad these people get a parade and welcome for coming back.They deserve every bit of it.
When my dad got back he got one from a bunch of haters,His prize was being spit on and called baby killer.
He hates those type of people to the fullest and boldly lets people know about it.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:23 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
Thanks, Devoman! Regrettably, freedom has a price that too many are unaware of and can't appreciate. War is an unfortunate reality of human existence, dating back to the origins of man.

Thank God for those brave men and women who answer the call to protect our nation's freedom as they confront those who would seek to enslave others through fear and terror. It is not an easy task, and certainly not a quick one.

Freedom for all has always been purchased through the valiant actions of a few! It is only fitting that we should recognize them so close to Independence Day!
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #9
HHP
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE
Quote:
freedom has a price that too many are unaware of and can't appreciate...War is an unfortunate reality of human existence, dating back to the origins of man....
...x2

Except for ending slavery (US Civil War), fascism (Hitler, Mussolini, Taliban) and Communism (USSR via Reagan's Cold War), war has not solved a thing!

Old 07-04-2006, 07:26 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HHP
...x2

Except for ending slavery (US Civil War), fascism (Hitler, Mussolini, Taliban) and Communism (USSR via Reagan's Cold War), war has not solved a thing!

Reagans COLD WAR???? Whew, he was president only for the end, it lasted 40+ years.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:00 PM   #11
HHP
2 Rivet Member

2006 23' Safari SE

Quote:
Reagans COLD WAR???? Whew, he was president only for the end, it lasted 40+ years.
Since the 50's, the US policy was more of a stalemate, than a cold war.

It was Reagan's "Sick Bear" theory, expressed by Reagan back in the 60's, that proved to be the best course of action against the USSR. Regan's efforts at building up our military while subsequently opposing the USSR's agenda around the world (Mid-East, South America, etc.,) proved the right course, as apposed to what the "appeasement camp" wanted to do...Nothing but appeasement...

Based on History, I stand by my claims...

Side Bar:

"""He initiated a $1.5trillion military buildup, the largest in American peacetime history, which was aimed at drawing the Soviets into an arms race he was convinced they could not win.

Then there was the Reagan Doctrine, which involved military and material support for indigenous movements struggling to overthrow Soviet-sponsored tyrannies. The Administration supported such guerrillas in Afghanistan, Cambodia, Angola, and Nicaragua. In addition, it worked with the Vatican and the international wing of the AFL-CIO to keep the Polish trade union Solidarity going, despite a ruthless crackdown by General Jaruzelski's regime. In 1983, U.S. troops invaded and liberated Grenada, ousting the Marxist government and sponsoring free elections. Finally, in March 1983, Reagan announced the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), a new program to research and eventually deploy missile defenses which offered the promise, in Reagan's words, of "making nuclear weapons obsolete.""""

USSR's View of Reagan:

""The Soviet Union was equally hostile to the Reagan counteroffensive, but its view of Reagan's objectives was far more perceptive than that of the doves. Izvestiya protested, "They want to impose on us an even more ruinous arms race." General Secretary Yuri Andropov alleged that Reagan's SDI program was "a bid to disarm the Soviet Union." The seasoned diplomat Andrei Gromyko charged that "behind all this lies the clear calculation that the USSR will exhaust its material resources and therefore will be forced to surrender." ""

And that's why a Picture of Reagan hangs on my office wall, next to Teddy's.
Old 07-28-2006, 05:21 AM   #12
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Bump and jump

Bringin it back up everyone.

Old 07-28-2006, 05:29 AM   #13
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
God Bless them all

May God bless them all and their families for their sacrifices. Thanks to all who have served our country here and abroad, in times of peace and times of war.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:06 AM   #14
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
[QUOTEMay God bless them all and their families for their sacrifices. Thanks to all who have served our country here and abroad, in times of peace and times of war.

Thanks ZoominC6 Could not have said it any better !!! Thanks
Old 07-28-2006, 06:28 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1970 21' Globetrotter
Pickens , South Carolina
Getting Spat upon

I remember a night in St. Augustine Florida right after I got out of Navy boot camp in 1974. My parents , little brother and sister came down from South Carolina to see me graduate and take a vacation back to home for a few days. St Augustine was our first night. I decided to walk into town just to get a beer and see some sights. I was in my dress white uniform minding my own buissness, ( I was only 17 years old and looked verry young) and a group of about 8 to 10 "hippies" started to follow me around. They kept yelling at me "baby killer!" and yes, I got spat on. I was scared to say any thing at first but this went on for a good while, them following me everywhere. I finally had enuff of this and I turned alound and just told it like it was, that I was just like them a few months ago and I had no intention of killing any babies. I thought they were going to jump on me and beat me up but they didn't, they just turned around an left me alone. I never have forgotten this, I will allways support our troops and hold them in the highest reguard. They have to fight over seas and in their own back yard!

Skip Callaham
RobertC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 09:55 AM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
1976 31' Sovereign
Falls City , Texas
Thanks, Devoman, for revisiting this post; otherwise, I would have missed it. My father, too, was wounded in Vietnam (along w/ many other close family members and friends). I am blessed, as others never got their fathers back home alive. All good thoughts and prayers to those who are serving. Y'all are my heroes!

I get so d--- mad at those like the Dixie Chicks. Yes, you have the right to say what you want--that's also what our men and women fought for---but please use some discretion.... Wouldn't it be better to rationally debate our differences, w/ the facts to back up our arguments?

"A fairly bright boy is far more intelligent and far better company than the average adult." --John B. Haldane
campw/4sons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #17
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Once again.

Just wanted to bring it back up as I have a few friends and relatives there right now.

Old 01-27-2007, 12:05 AM   #18
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Devoman,
I hadn't seen this post previously - thanks. Very thought provoking slideshow. I like seeing the interaction between the soldiers and kids, it shows the humanity in the crazy world they are in there. I have nothing but respect for the soldiers and the mission they have. If we don't hit this over there, it WILL be here soon, and it will probably hit us here at some point anyway. (Again)
Dave
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote