Old 03-08-2007, 09:59 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member
1975 24' Argosy 24
philadelphia , Pennsylvania
Can you post whole VIN numbers, or is that not something I want to post on the internet? Is it safe to give all info, like the VIN, title #, etc?

wherestwink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:11 PM   #30
Rivet Master
1967 22' Safari
MILAN , Illinois
post vin #

By all means post the whole vin number here. It will help all here to spot it if it is parked somewhere. You should notify the DMV in your state and as many surrounding states as possible in case someone tries to title and license your Argosy. Hope the police find it for you... but keep looking for it yourself. Ed

1967 Safari Twin "Landshark" w/International trim package
1999 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT

"My tire was thumping, I thought it was flat!
When I looked at the tire... I noticed your CAT!"
Burma Shave
BIGED52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:18 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member
2005 30' Safari
Chandler , Arizona
Hey Missing Twink Girl......

So sorry to hear about this....I worry about the same thing happening to mine and she is behind 10 foot walls with security cameras.....I've had a car stolen but can't imagine the AS disappearing.

Ok now for an attempt at a positive spin and a little cheering up…...

You seem like a fun loving spirited person with a sense of adventure...

You still have the truck right?

Cash the insurance check.....

Start the hunt.... there is another Twink waiting for you just around the corner.....

I'll keep my eyes open for the runaway in AZ... The freckles stand out... shouldn’t be hard to spot. Hopefully she'll show up one day...

Don't wait... get back on the road!

BTW....dig the champagne of beers.....
"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."- Mark Twain

AZstreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:06 AM   #32
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
1986 31' Sovereign
1967 17' Caravel
Sherfield English , Hampshire
Send a message via MSN to Moonstruck Send a message via Yahoo to Moonstruck
Hi Rachel,
this story will make all of us whince! A very precious "more than" possession! I hope all your efforts and with the help of other 'streamers gets you a happy result. When you get it back, put a Trimble TrimTrac GPS in it. Mine goes off when I close the awnings!
Hampshire, UK
Moonstruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:11 AM   #33
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic
Field and Stream , PA & MT
Originally Posted by Gypsy1
Did you have a lock on your camper? I will keep a look out in Fla.
I have the same question as Gypsy1.

So, you left it in an unprotected public parking lot without permission, in a metropolitan area, and now it's gone.

At least tell us you had a lock on the tongue, wheel boots on the tires, and a security alarm installed.

flyfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 05:38 AM   #34
Rivet Master
1994 21' Sovereign
Down on the corner... , CT
Hi Rachel,

Sorry your going through must be out of your mind.

One thing that hasn't been brought up that I found out through experience is local towing companies will come along and tow your vehicle...NOT report it then send you a nice BIG bill for you to come and claim your property.

This happened to me in Boston....I parked my bug for five minutes in a BC parking lot...came out and it was gone. I reported it to the police...called the towing hotline for almost 2 weeks straight and nothing was reported. On about the third week a nice little bill came in the mail saying if you want you car here it is pay the fine. It's a scam run by towing companies. This might give you a little hope. Maybe they are holding onto it if so until they can get a nice chunk of change out of you. I would look in your local phone book where the towing Co.'s are located and do some drive by' never know.

I hope you get it back real soon.....
Ann & Eric
WBCCI 6274
enduroryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 07:13 AM   #35
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
1975 31' Sovereign
Searcy , Arkansas
Eyes open in Arkansas...Good Luck!!

Airstream of Arkansas

Keeping the Airstream Dream Alive!

AIR #8844
Airhog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #36
2 Rivet Member
1971 18' Caravel
2004 25' International CCD
Bend , Oregon
Watching in Oregon
Mike Martin
bikrmikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 01:26 PM   #37
3 Rivet Member
1972 29' Ambassador
Tucson , Arizona
Read your post early this AM, I had to go check on my own "Twink". Safely buried in the snow.........I hadn't checked on it for about 6 Weeks.

I think Rachel needs our sympathy, not a reprimand. We all do dumb things once in awhile.

All the best. I'll keep my eyes open around here. T
tamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:20 PM   #38
4 Rivet Member
2004 25' International CCD
Salem , Massachusetts
So sorry to hear of this

I printed a copy with the info and 3 pics on it to keep in both our cars. If we see it we'll call 911 right away and track it !!

We will keep our eyes open in NJ and wherever we go.

Don't despair, if you spread enough info of it, someone is bound to spot it and you should have your baby back before the season opens!!

I'm including a copy of the info if someone wants it.

hope our AS is safe...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf pdf stolen argosy.pdf (583.8 KB, 61 views)
KIMILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 09:24 PM   #39
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey

Made the 11 oclock news on channel 3 Philadelphia. Channel 3 had plans to do a series on Rachel and her trainer so they had some good file footage of the trailer and showed it on the news.

Lets hope that the additional of several thousands additional eyes will cause the recovery.
2004 Excursion 4x4
1991 34 ft. Excella +220,000 miles, new laminated flooring, new upholstery, new 3200 lbs axles

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 11:47 PM   #40
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
So sad... I sure hope someone can spot your A/S soon! You haven't posted where it was taken from? Pennsylvania? City? It might help folks in your area be on the lookout. If parking is a problem, then it might be "out of town". How about web cams or video survelliance in your area? Would the police be willing to see if there are any videos that could be screened that might show someone pulling your trailer down the road on a nearby active intersection the day/week it disappeared? Any ATM's nearby with video cameras? Maybe I watch too much TV, but I would look around and see if there are any. Out here in the west, we have a lot of them at intersections to catch speeders... who knows if the police will give it the time of day, however.

Sure hope you get your Twink back. I shudder to think of my sweet Bambi disappearing! Please post and let us know what is happening!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 12:34 AM   #41
1 Rivet Member
1975 24' Argosy 24
philadelphia , Pennsylvania

Hi Everyone -

Again, thanks so much for the support. As for the reprimand. I was definitely naive and irresponsible, which makes it sting all that much more. I bought the Airstream on a whim knowing nothing about campers and was kind of figuring it all out as I went along.

All I can do now is try to get the word out and hope for the best. I did have a connection at Channel 3 news, so I pitched the story and they ran it as one of their top stories on Friday night! Here's the clip: - Local Woman Goes On Search For Beloved 'Twink'

I've also notified about 30 dealerships in the area. I notified the corporate office of Airstream and they sent out an alert to his dealerships as well. I asked if there's anyway they could put it in the Airstream newsletter. I had written an article about my trip in our local newspaper which they ran in that newsletter, so we'll see. I posted info on Craig's List & have been checking EBay.

More info:
Stolen from: Front & Snyder Streets in Philadelphia
VIN 24D5V1022
Plate # XCB9560
Title # 63036278001FU

Fingers still crossed...

- Rachel
wherestwink! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:07 AM   #42
2008 25' International CCD
Reston , Virginia
Good Luck Rachel

We will be on the look out for Twink here in Northern VA and when we go on trips to WV and Jersy Shore. Great article about your airstream odyssey. Keep up your writing. Gene and Laura Smith

Bustersmith is offline   Reply With Quote