Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-26-2006, 04:50 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Jeffersonville , Kentucky
Spring Bristol Race

Anyone going to the Nascar Bristol race next month ?
Old 02-26-2006, 05:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2004 30' Classic Slideout
2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
There's at least one other Forum Airstream going and we wish we had tickets and a spot to park the trailer in Hungry Mother State Park because we'd be there as well. Have fun in Thunder Valley! We'll look for ya on FOX.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:03 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
We can handle that. With Bristol tickets so hard to come by, I wasn't certain if scalpers wouldn't be selling them for a lot over face value. Any ticket would work for us as there's not a bad seat in the house. How does one go about obtaining a camping spot at the track? I spoke with another Forum member up in that area last year who doesn't miss a Bristol race and camps on the grounds as well. I should have gone into more detail at that time. Dry camping doesn't bother us one bit and it should prove to be a definite HOOT. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks a bunch.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:51 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Thanks 65GT. We're in! Hope 'My' driver beats 'Her' driver! Haha. Our Grandchildren are in VA just to the north so we'll get a 2fer out of this trip. Boy are we ever ready to get back out on the road. How big a hike is it from the hilltop to the track? Maybe we need our bikes? Thanks for everything and if you think of anything else we may need don't hesitate in posting. Maybe we'll see ya for the Fall race up on the hilltop!
Old 02-26-2006, 08:10 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
I camp 1 mile from the track,toward Bristol, Its at the Twin City Drive in theater , on race dates it turns into a campground,nice grassy area,not in flood zone, I highly recomend this place, the owners are great,it also make for easy get away after the race,I can be on the road in 1/2 hour after the checkered flag drops !!! and for any race thats not bad ,
If anyone is looking for a place , its nice,
last spring we camped across from the track and the high water got close, not a fun feeling,
Old 02-26-2006, 08:11 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1977 25' Caravanner
Also Tickets are a lor easier to get than it was a few years ago
Old 02-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
Colleyville , TX
Thanks all. We're planning the trip and looking forward to it.