Old 04-23-2014, 12:25 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Social Media - targets Anti-social behavior

Gross story - faint of heart, go elsewhere.

A new camper pulls into the spot next to me this weekend. I noticed him pouring about a quart of bleach into his white water tank and politely suggested that it was probably WAY TOO MUCH. He pulls out his cell phone and shows me a video he took in the early dawn hours at another campground.

It was someone sneaking up to his RV jimmying the water access door and using his white tank as a urinal. What's worse? He went to the next RV and repeated the act. And then the next. My neighbor had gotten up very early and used the shower house rather than disturbing his wife. He used his cell's camera to take the shot - then yelled at the perpetrator.

Thanks to the video, campground security was able to find the cretin who did the deed, but no one knows how many RV's might have been targeted. The teenaged pervert was arrested, but it was enough to make this man switch campgrounds anyway. Well he says he'll shock treat the white tank and all of his plumbing several times before anyone uses it even to shower in, and he's looking for a better lock on the water door.

Do I need anything ELSE to be paranoid about? Sigh. ((Of course then I remember W.C. Fields' ever relevant comment, "Don't drink water, fish **** in it."))

I ALMOST hope that video gets posted on Youtube. The parents are apparently embarrassed and angry with their kid. I did a lot of things as a teenager - or even younger - that as an adult I realize were stupid, but other than trying to paint my toy desk and table, I don't remember most of us doing anything truly this disgusting. TP on Halloween seems pretty mild doesn't it?

About a decade ago, a bunch of teenagers vandalized the bathrooms in the resort I normally park at - did $4000 in damage, breaking toilets and sinks. The members all had to kick in to a special fund to repair and replace the damage. I wish cameras had been as common then. Even if it's illegal to have surveillance cameras IN a bathroom, our vandals could have been caught just by being able to watch who was going in and out.

Our campground has a lot of Iron in the water - It tastes bad enough that I've always used bottled water, or brought a couple of gallons of city water from work. whew.

Paula

Old 04-23-2014, 12:42 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
The sad thing is that many times the camera evidence is not used to prosecute. The lawyers have found ways to claim that the vandal's rights were violated by taking videos of them committing a crime. I guess this is another reason not to drink from the fresh water tank or lock the hatch to the fresh water fill.

Perry

Old 04-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
Lin , Ne
Where is a pellet gun when you need it.....
Old 04-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #4

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by perryg114 View Post
I guess this is another reason not to drink from the fresh water tank or lock the hatch to the fresh water fill.

Perry
You guys get a locking hatch?! All I have is a screw on cap

That is really disturbing and disgusting. We only use our fresh water tank. I don't even have a city-water hookup anymore because it caused too many problems so I removed it from the system. What a disgusting thing to have to worry about! Luckily I'm sure incidents like that are very few and far between.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:49 PM   #5
Rivet Master

1954 25' Cruiser
Kyle , The Republic of Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by r carl View Post
Where is a pellet gun when you need it.....
I fully agree. A "pellet on his pecker" just might made the twit think twice before repeating his prank .
Old 04-23-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1998 31' Excella 1000
Bellevue , Nebraska
My understanding is that in some states the camera has to be un-editable to be used in a court of law. DVD's instead of tapes. Unless the ladd had some nasty disease (hiv) the urine is probably not as deadly as you might imagine. I would think the chlorine shock treatment would do the trick. 5 parts per billion is the common public drinking water standard. The pellit in the pecker is a good idea too!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:06 PM   #7
Rivet Master

1981 27' Excella II
mays landing , South Jersey
You would have to be a really good shot to hit such a small target. Sal
TAC N.J. 17
WBCCI 24740
noreen&sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:20 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by noreen&sal View Post
You would have to be a really good shot to hit such a small target. Sal
Shotgun. Shell loaded with rock salt!

However tempting, it would probably be the shooter who got into trouble.
Old 04-23-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
Rivet Master

2018 23' International
Currently Looking...
San Diego , California
There is no lock on our FW fill on our Interstate, and I've wondered about how easy it would be for someone to mess with it.

Can you add a lock, or do you have to replace the whole door flap?
weirdstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 02:37 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
Not an airstream story, but one this reminds me of nethertheless....

We're walking -- well, stumbling actually -- back to our apartment in Cork Ireland from a good night out and start following our way along the quay and we see a fellow about fifty feet ahead whose chosen he doesn't want to find a tree or alley; but rather stumbles up to this cottage front door and proceeds to relieve himself onto the door....

once done... he stands there for a few moments, takes out a set of keys, unlocks the door and lets himself in.

if you're going to enjoy a fresh piquant bouquet, it might as well be your own!
Old 04-23-2014, 02:48 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2011 28' International
Aldie , Virginia
as to the "issue," rather than a locking cap, I would rather install a switch inside the trailer to electrify a ring at the top of the fill pipe; such as from an electric fence system -- and let any perpetrator complete the circuit as the grounding agent.