Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-05-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Elk City , Idaho
skipped spring went straight to summer

I guess we skipped spring went straight to summer here. No rain and 95 degree plus temps. Where all across the country tornado's, snow whats next.
Here's a flower to help us all feel better I hope. Happy Spring.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wc 001.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	418.9 KB
ID:	61828  
Air #25679

silver&gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
Mel
Rivet Master

1967 22' Safari
1960 Caravel
Edmonds , Washington
What a gorgeous passion flower! Mine aren't blooming yet - maybe it's because in this area, we are still in Spring (and may end up skipping Summer and going directly to Autumn...)
Old 06-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Ah, well, we had a nice spring (if somewhat windy), but then skipped summer and went right back to winter. This pic is from this morning:

Lynn
Old 06-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank
Ah, well, we had a nice spring (if somewhat windy), but then skipped summer and went right back to winter. This pic is from this morning:

Lynn
I can box up some of this 95 degree temp (tied a record yesterday here), and ship it out to you. Looks like you could use it.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:46 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Airstream - Other
2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Bosque Farms , New Mexico
Please do! I'm thinking we're going to have to fire up the wood stove this evening. I'm wearing a sweater (and still cold), and the cats are really protesting.

Lynn
Old 06-05-2008, 04:51 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Scary here..

Yeah it is scary here in California. We are east of Sacramento and west of Tahoe 'bout half way in between. Driest year so far in history. The reserviors are around 50% of capacity and we are looking at an extreme fire season. Really scary.
Neil
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:16 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
We never really had a "mud" season here in northern Maine and the trees, plants, and grass are more beautiful than ever! This weekend will probably be the first couple of days in a row, this Spring, where we might see the high 80's or the low 90's. Generally the days have been in the 50's and 60's while the nights have dropped into the 40's. I normally have the pool open by Memorial Day but, so far, I haven't even removed the cover or hooked up the pump and filter. For the record, being a southern boy, I don't even think about swimming until the pool water hits at least 80 deg! Even the black flies haven't been too bad in most places - but I'm sure we'll get another hatch or two! We lost a lot of trees and shrubs to the heavy snows - but it still beats the heck out of the misery a lot of people have been suffering across the U. S. - and, yes, the world!

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Summer hit here Sunday

We're very sensitive to the weather as it has a major effect on our call volume at Answer Center. It's been cooler than usual and we've had really violent thunderstorms - including a couple of tornados which are very rare around the coast. Even more oddly, there have been many late evening storms that have generated tornado warnings and Hail warnings - so far, so good... but anxiety provoking. The only thing that was near the trailer has been pea sized and quickly over.

Then Sunday they predicted 90 degree weather for the entire week. Instant sweatbox! 95% humidity too. Bleeee! Well, cha-ching as far as the answering service is concerned. Lots of air conditioning emergencies!

I'm heading to St Louis Mo. on June 14 for the annual ATSI Convention (Association of Telemessaging Services International). I understand their weather is brutally hot and humid too. See you down the road. Anyone know of a good campground in St. Louis?

Paula Ford
Old 06-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

1964 26' Overlander
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Anna , Illinois
Send a message via Yahoo to overlander64
skipped spring went straight to summer

Here in the Mid-Mississippi River Valley, it seems that we entirely skipped the month of May in terms of weather. We went from near daily rain storms then switched immediately to high temperatures in the 90s with 80%+ relative humidity and severe thunderstorms at least once or twice a week. So far, we have escaped the worst of the severe weather -- we have had several storms with dime or pea sized hail of short duration and a couple that have blown limbs out of trees -- we have been close to towns with tornadoes, but thus far all we have seen have been a few wall clouds.

Today is a good example -- I drove to St. Louis with the top down on my New Beetle -- the car's thermometer registered between 90 and 96 degrees during the trip, and the local radio stations were reporting relative humidity between 70 and 80%. If the wind hadn't been blowing a near constant 25 MPH, it really would have been uncomfortable. This evening, I was "drizzled" on twice, but it wasn't long-lived enough to raise the top.

The weather forecasters are suggesting that we may see a break in the humidity next week. I am hopeful, but pessimistic -- I have to prep both my Argosy and Cadillac for their trip to the Midwest Forums Rally then on to the International Rally in Bozeman.

Kevin
WBCCI (Lifetime Member)/VAC #7864
AIR #827
1964 Overlander International
1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
overlander64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:35 PM   #10
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Boy it's still Spring here. It's really hot and windy, but the tornado warnings are in effect tonight again. Here's my pond this morning, hope it's still there tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00974.JPG
Views:	110
Size:	159.9 KB
ID:	61849   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00976.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	61850  

Name:	DSC00979.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	150.6 KB
ID:	61851   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00969.JPG
Views:	91
Size:	154.1 KB
ID:	61852  

Old 06-05-2008, 07:52 PM   #11
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by juel View Post
Boy it's still Spring here. It's really hot and windy, but the tornado warnings are in effect tonight again. Here's my pond this morning, hope it's still there tomorrow.
Nice pond! Are those koi I see in there? We have one koi that was rehomed (reponded?)when my brother and sister in law went fulltime RVing, the rest are just goldfish.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 07:59 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by eubank View Post

Lynn
Haven`t seen real snow in25 Yrs,we start summer here in march.
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Lived in Albuquerque,had a place in Chama,stuck a truck uo there during deer season,couldn`t get it out till April,don`t miss that at all.Now I would like to go back ,maybe August,map quest says 1928 miles,think I`ll have to wait till i retire.
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
Currently Looking...
Chandler , Oklahoma
Here is my one Koi. They are not really cold weather fish and although I intend to get at least two more, they are so expensive I haven't done it yet. Some of the other fish are goldfish, pond comets and a couple of names I can't spell!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC00996.JPG
Views:	95
Size:	153.6 KB
ID:	61854  
Old 06-05-2008, 09:01 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I wonder if I put some koi in our half acre pond out back if they'd take care of the pond weed? I've put in 4 or 5 grass carp and have seen no effect. At least the koi would be pretty! Here in mid-Mo, we passed through the 80's and hit 90's with matching humidity, and it looks here to stay. We are in the center of wild weather tonight, continuing tomorrow and tomorrow night. Rodeo time! Everyone in this loooong storm stretching from Minnesota to Texas, safe wishes for you all. And for drought stricken Georgia and neighbors, splashy wishes for you...RAIN, not just humidity! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:09 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
Go for the Koi!

If your pond is deep, the koi should be fine, there are hundreds of them in the pond at the Missouri Botanical Gardens, been there for years. The one we have has been in a small pond in Pittsburg, KS for a long tiime, I think he is about 8 yrs old now. Judy, if you get a chance to up to Grove to Lendonwood Gardens, there is a huge koi pond there, as well as being a great botanical garden, Free admission and well worth the trip.
Koi are great plant eaters, but mine hasn't been eating my pond plants, I guess he is too well-fed. Grass carp do a better job in a farm pond.

Stormy up this way, windy and HOT for the last few days! Storm headed this way (again). Does seem like it was cool and then all of a sudden summer, the spring lasted way long this year.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2008, 09:16 PM   #17
Vintage Kin

Fort Worth , Texas
"Winter" was three weeks where the temps got below 40F.

Spring was several months of having the windows open at the house. Constant breeze here, on the Bay, just off the Gulf. May brought the temps and humidity up.

But rain, unlike last year, is 3.56" short for the calendar year so far (this area of the Texas Coastal Bend has a climate of low rainfall and high humidity; we average 33" annually), and I'm hoping my grasses will cover the yard of this neglected lawn where we've settled.

Waiting for rain predicted, the ground is cracking. Not yet drought-like but typical of anywhere in Texas. We pray for the spring rains, cause that's about it. Before 8-am and after 6-pm it's a gorgeous place with that constant breeze.
slowmover is offline   Reply With Quote