Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Ft. Myers , Florida
With 2 cats and a dog. Shoes, no shoes, doesn't matter. When visiting we normally wear flip flops, so we can go either way. Now about the cat and the keys locked inside.
Wharf Rats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:49 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
2015 27' Flying Cloud
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
I agree 100% Sharon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
Sometimes peoples feet are dirtier and smellier than my floors would ever be - so leave the shoes on unless you have a big honkin piece of yuk on the bottom of them. More scally skin and nasties can come off peoples feet than on the bottom of a shoe when the shoe has been carefully wiped.
I'd rather have someone's shoes on my floors than someone's icky feet or sweatie socks anyday! Even if they have a little dirt tracked in...that's why I have a shakeable throw rug at the door.

I have linoleum floors (in our trailer) to keep everything clean and seen...I'd rather know it's dirty than not know. There are always unseen growies in carpet...yuck! Especially with the smaller vacuums that would be used in a trailer/MH.

Same way at home...80% of my home is hardwood floor.

Shari
WBCCI #1824 - DenCO Unit Past President (2005)
AIR #30 - Join Date: 2-25-2002

RMVAC | ACI - CO Unit (Formerly WBCCI) | BIRDY - our 1956 Safari | 1964 Serro Scotty
InsideOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2006 22' International CCD
1957 26' Overlander
Plymouth , Minnesota
With two small dogs and a vinyl floor we haven't found a reason to take our shoes off. We have learned to clean often
Brad

"Life itself is the most wonderful fairy tale"
(Hans Christian Andersen)

WBCCI 10289
TAC MN-69
AIR 11240
BradS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:04 PM   #24
Round on both ends

1979 31' Excella 500
1975 28' Argosy 28
Rutledge , Georgia
Feet get icky from wearing SHUZ.

Bare feet wipe as well as SHUZ.

Feet that leak icky, smelly skin are diseased.

These folks should try leaving off the SHUZ to let their feet dry out and become healthy.

http://www.kudzumonthly.com/kudzu/ma...hing_feet.html

Lamar
2003 Dodge 2500 Cummins "TowHog"
"Lucy Loosehair" the cat - Airstream mascot
Klaatu barada nikto
SafeHarbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:31 AM   #25
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
We leave our shoes on. In and out, in and out, in and out... if we took our shoes off and on each time we wouldn't get anything else done. Comfort for our feet is more important than the floor. Besides my little tootsies get cold very easily! We want to "use" our Airstream. Naturally, if shoes are really muddy or something else we do our best... we have vinyl and throw rugs that can be tossed in the washer. Our feet wash easily too....

Naturally, if we go into someone else's home, Airstream, etc. and they ask us to remove our shoes we comply happily.

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:57 AM   #26
Rivet Master

It’s a crap shoot either way. Some one steps on a fresh logy spit out by some one with a lung disease or worse and tracks it into the Airstream or your home. Than you have foot diseases or people don’t wash their feet for a few days or change their socks. For us we take our shoes off because there are things on a Wal Mart parking lot picked up on the bottom of your shoes that are lots worse than someone’s bad feet. Take your shoe’s off. It’s the polite thing to do.
Tinsel Loaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 06:42 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
1997 25' Safari
hamilton , Montana
shoes off,, for myself,,, do not ask others to remove theirs,,,, some take the hint by seeing mine at the step,,, hate the little stones,,, at the International,, bits of newly mown grass was the problem,,,, love my streams,,, donna
dieterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:05 AM   #28
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Glad to have eliminated all the carpeting except for the bed area, would have foregone that too if it already hadn't been there. Now the boys ("The Filthy Beasts"---man and dogs) can tromp right in to their hearts' content. I apply a Swifter to the floor periodically throughout the day and it works like a charm. No more policing the floors or disharmony.
signed, "Goody Two Shoes."

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:37 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
We have vinyl and throw rugs. My wife likes the floor clean. We generally have inside footwear and outside footwear. She does not like bare feet on her floor, esp mine. At the region one vintage open house we asked people to remove their shoes. Some choose to not come in, one who jumped in turned and left in a huff, all without socks used the outisde carpet before entering without being asked. It's a matter of respect. Most remove their shoes if you ask or not. We had 40-50 people coming in and out who may or may not have been stepping in mud, cut grass, grease, oil, or dog ..... I don't know about you but for us tent rules apply, no shoes in the tent.
Over59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:06 AM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
We have a dog and feel that it's not a problem to leave the shoes on. We do respect others that have a no shoe policy. That's why we wear slip on type shoes or sandels.
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:05 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
I'm for shoes off - Hubby untrainable though

I'm all for shoes off before entering our Airstream but I've not been successful in training my husband to do this. So, next best thing is he is (mostly) in charge of sweeping out the camper every day. We have Pergo floors so it's very easy to get them clean just by sweeping and doing a quick once over using the Swiffer with a "wet" cleaning cloth. Both the broom and the Swiffer handles have been cut down so that they hang nicely in the hall closet - I think it takes him about 7 to 10 minutes to get the floor looking good again.

There is one Airsteam in our Unit that is kept so clean I want to seal myself in plastic before I enter it. It's amazing to me, no matter what weather or campground conditions we are in this camper always looks like it's on the showroom floor. The folks who own it don't seem to be spending tons of time keeping it clean, just is always clean - I need to find out what their secret is, maybe they have an Airstream blow up maid. I'll look at the online Airstream Store to see if I can get me one of those.....

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 12:58 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
I'm all for shoes off before entering our Airstream but I've not been successful in training my husband to do this. So, next best thing is he is (mostly) in charge of sweeping out the camper every day. We have Pergo floors so it's very easy to get them clean just by sweeping and doing a quick once over using the Swiffer with a "wet" cleaning cloth. Both the broom and the Swiffer handles have been cut down so that they hang nicely in the hall closet - I think it takes him about 7 to 10 minutes to get the floor looking good again.

There is one Airsteam in our Unit that is kept so clean I want to seal myself in plastic before I enter it. It's amazing to me, no matter what weather or campground conditions we are in this camper always looks like it's on the showroom floor. The folks who own it don't seem to be spending tons of time keeping it clean, just is always clean - I need to find out what their secret is, maybe they have an Airstream blow up maid. I'll look at the online Airstream Store to see if I can get me one of those.....
I bet I know who it is!!!!!!
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:38 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
"Kindly please remove your shoes before entering", it helps keeps things tidy!