Old 08-27-2006, 11:37 AM   #29
Rivet Master

1959 26' Overlander
Putnam , Connecticut
We have vinyl and throw rugs. My wife likes the floor clean. We generally have inside footwear and outside footwear. She does not like bare feet on her floor, esp mine. At the region one vintage open house we asked people to remove their shoes. Some choose to not come in, one who jumped in turned and left in a huff, all without socks used the outisde carpet before entering without being asked. It's a matter of respect. Most remove their shoes if you ask or not. We had 40-50 people coming in and out who may or may not have been stepping in mud, cut grass, grease, oil, or dog ..... I don't know about you but for us tent rules apply, no shoes in the tent.

Old 08-27-2006, 12:06 PM   #30
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
We have a dog and feel that it's not a problem to leave the shoes on. We do respect others that have a no shoe policy. That's why we wear slip on type shoes or sandels.

bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:05 PM   #31
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Beautiful , New Hampshire
I'm for shoes off - Hubby untrainable though

I'm all for shoes off before entering our Airstream but I've not been successful in training my husband to do this. So, next best thing is he is (mostly) in charge of sweeping out the camper every day. We have Pergo floors so it's very easy to get them clean just by sweeping and doing a quick once over using the Swiffer with a "wet" cleaning cloth. Both the broom and the Swiffer handles have been cut down so that they hang nicely in the hall closet - I think it takes him about 7 to 10 minutes to get the floor looking good again.

There is one Airsteam in our Unit that is kept so clean I want to seal myself in plastic before I enter it. It's amazing to me, no matter what weather or campground conditions we are in this camper always looks like it's on the showroom floor. The folks who own it don't seem to be spending tons of time keeping it clean, just is always clean - I need to find out what their secret is, maybe they have an Airstream blow up maid. I'll look at the online Airstream Store to see if I can get me one of those.....

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:58 PM   #32
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by myboyburt
I'm all for shoes off before entering our Airstream but I've not been successful in training my husband to do this. So, next best thing is he is (mostly) in charge of sweeping out the camper every day. We have Pergo floors so it's very easy to get them clean just by sweeping and doing a quick once over using the Swiffer with a "wet" cleaning cloth. Both the broom and the Swiffer handles have been cut down so that they hang nicely in the hall closet - I think it takes him about 7 to 10 minutes to get the floor looking good again.

There is one Airsteam in our Unit that is kept so clean I want to seal myself in plastic before I enter it. It's amazing to me, no matter what weather or campground conditions we are in this camper always looks like it's on the showroom floor. The folks who own it don't seem to be spending tons of time keeping it clean, just is always clean - I need to find out what their secret is, maybe they have an Airstream blow up maid. I'll look at the online Airstream Store to see if I can get me one of those.....
I bet I know who it is!!!!!!
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:38 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2005 31' Classic
Hughsonville , New York
"Kindly please remove your shoes before entering", it helps keeps things tidy!