Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Airstream Lifestyle > Stella's Kitchen
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 05:06 PM   #1
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Wink Sherri's Cookbook

I want to pay tribute to Sherri for everything she ever did, both for our family and everyone else she ever met, while she was alive. I think that taking something of hers, duplicating it and sending it to as many people as possible is the best way I can think of to carry on her memory. I have decided to take her cookbook and burn it to CD. Flamingo-Kid will be the first to get a copy.

RaChelle, if you would please, once you put it on your computer, make another copy and give it to someone you know/care about. Tell them that it came from a very special woman, who touched the lives and hearts of everyone around her. Have them make a copy and pass it on and so on.

Maybe in time, Sherri's Cookbook will travel across the USA. I am willing to make copies for the Airstreamers on this board, but only in limited numbers, because the shipping in the long run would kill me. Just promise that you'll pass it along to a fellow member who wants it and distribute it from there.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #2
Retired Moderator

1992 29' Excella
madison , Wisconsin
frederic

as a member of the staff, i would like to extend our condolances. it is a very nice thing you are doing to memorialize the passing of your wife.

i would like to get a copy when kid recieves it.

john
Old 09-09-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
I too would be more than happy to have a copy and to make copies available, perhaps it would be possible to post is somewhere and download copies?

We wish you the best in the the tribute and stand willing to help do our part.

Aaron and Rhonda!
wahoonc & AirAngel
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
Old 09-09-2005, 08:09 PM   #4
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
The actual folder, which holds subfolders (Sherri organized the recipes based on Beef, Chicken, Fish, Dessert, Drinks, Bread etc...) is 7.34MB If it's possible to put the folder on the board, I'd be more than willing to share it with everyone.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 09-09-2005, 09:43 PM   #5
3 Rivet Member

could it be sent as e mail? i have g mail and it allows pretty big file transfers..what if everyone signed up for g mail that wanted it and you took addresses and send it out once a week instead of doing it on an individual basis.... just a thought tom
Old 09-09-2005, 10:13 PM   #6
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Tom,

PM me and give me your email addy, and we'll try it. I've been curious about whether or not it'll work.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 09-09-2005, 10:46 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

If it dosn't Have any pictures you could put a hundred copies on a Cd. I'm sure Ive gotten way more info than that in an email. Try sending it to me at slonezy@cmspan.net I realy love to cook and even though I do not know you and Sherri I would love to learn something about her by her cook book. If you can send it that way Just a quick click would send it to any body that you have an address for. thanks Mac
Old 09-09-2005, 10:59 PM   #8
3 Rivet Member

taflocks@gmail.com if you get an account then you can invite up to 100 people to join...they have about 2 gig of storage for each free account......tom
Old 09-09-2005, 11:09 PM   #9
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Outlook Express won't allow me to email directories, so what I'm going to try to do is to put the directory on my Yahoo profile. I'll keep everyone posted on whether it works or not.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 09-10-2005, 12:16 AM   #10
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Okay, I've tried to put my folder on Yahoo, MSN....no dice...it has to be files, so I emailed slonezy and sent attachments, so that they could be more easily put back into their proper categories......47 emails!!!! Slonezy, I'm sorry if your email got swamped. I'm going to stick to burning the CD and snail mailing it.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 09-13-2005, 05:57 AM   #11
2 Rivet Member

Frederic, No problem. I have the complete cookbook on my Outlook express and as soon as I can move it to a normal folder I will start burning Cds for friends who like to cook. This next Sunday I'm having an Ice cream Social useing 7 recipes from Sherris colection Love Mac
Old 09-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #12
3 Rivet Member

you could do it with an g mail account i think? e mail me and i will invite you to g mail. this is the only way to get one.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #13
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Put all of the files in a winzip archive then you can email one archive/file. Winzip is available at most any shareware download site, such as download.com.

John
Old 09-13-2005, 10:31 AM   #14
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Okay,

John, thanks for the input...I have WinZip and didn't even think to use it to compress the folder. It's been reduced to 3.8MB and one file....much easier. Anyone who would like Sherri's cookbook, please email me at STINGRAYL82@COMCAST.NET, all lowercase or just click on the hyperlink, and I will gladly send you the file.

Sherri would have been flattered, and probably embarassed, to know that people wanted to look at what she had compiled. Some of these recipes are her own creations, some she found on FoodTV.com and the rest are recipes she got from other websites and from friends. I hope that, when you use one of these recipes, you think of Sherri. She really was a great person. Mac, I'm happy that you're putting some of those recipes to good use. I've added a picture of Sherri and my daughter Renee. I think that this is one of the best pictures of Sherri. It was taken about two weeks before we found out that she was terminally ill. God Bless you all for all your kind words.

Frederic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000403.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	14598  

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #15
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
VERY MEANINGFUL and CREATIVE

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayL82
I want to pay tribute to Sherri for everything she ever did, both for our family and everyone else she ever met, while she was alive. I think that taking something of hers, duplicating it and sending it to as many people as possible is the best way I can think of to carry on her memory. I have decided to take her cookbook and burn it to CD. Flamingo-Kid will be the first to get a copy.

RaChelle, if you would please, once you put it on your computer, make another copy and give it to someone you know/care about. Tell them that it came from a very special woman, who touched the lives and hearts of everyone around her. Have them make a copy and pass it on and so on.

Maybe in time, Sherri's Cookbook will travel across the USA. I am willing to make copies for the Airstreamers on this board, but only in limited numbers, because the shipping in the long run would kill me. Just promise that you'll pass it along to a fellow member who wants it and distribute it from there.

Frederic
Frederic, NO PROBLEM. I'll help you snail mail out some, too, and I have several dear friends who LOVE cookbooks; I can send her book all across the nation. Plus England. And Canada.

I can send it out to the list of Airstreamers I have sold retro kitchen items to on Ebay; some have joined the forum and some have not. I've kept most of the addresses.

I will give my family copies, and JohnHD, if you're showing up on Oct 14th I'll give you a CD. Or I can snail mail it.

Norbert, WHERE are YOU?? Norbert is one of he most FANTABULOUS cooks in the world, even if I didn't really care for his "whatever it was" he brought to Moraine. (I was polite :-)) )

Frederic, I'm glad you've joined our little online family. I hope things are becoming more peaceful to you and the children:-)
Old 09-13-2005, 11:30 AM   #16
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
large files on internet

can also be uploaded and downloaded free of charge by using "you send it."

http://www.yousendit.com

That G mail sounds interesting too, but only by personal invitation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi arnaz
you could do it with an g mail account i think? e mail me and i will invite you to g mail. this is the only way to get one.

photography
Old 09-13-2005, 01:08 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
1954 26' Romany Cruiser
1960 26' Overlander
Rockingham County , New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to balrgn Send a message via Yahoo to balrgn
This is a great idea, I'll send My E-mail!
'60 Overlander (Hoagy)
2007 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax
WBCCI 1754 - AIR # 6281
www.balrgn.com
Old 09-13-2005, 01:29 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
hopeful file

I just emailed the file over to my best friend and "Computer Guru" who I HOPE can open it and give us a good comment :-) He LOVES to cook; and should enjoy the book.

Frank, let us know how it goes!

And Frederic, Sherri's cookbook is on the move :-)
Old 09-13-2005, 02:36 PM   #19
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
I know Sherri would be blushing from embarassment right about now , but at the same time I know she would be flattered. She was never big on people making a fuss over her; she was more concerned with other peoples' well-being. Let's get this out to as many people as possible. As I told balrgn in my email (and hopefully you got the file okay, Andre), the only request I have is that if a copy is made, title the CD, "Sherri's Cookbook" in her memory. Feel free to tell everyone that she was the most caring, loving, kindheart and selfless person, and everyone who knew her loved her and was blessed to know her.

Frederic

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
Old 09-13-2005, 04:58 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
:-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayL82
I know Sherri would be blushing from embarassment right about now , but at the same time I know she would be flattered. She was never big on people making a fuss over her; she was more concerned with other peoples' well-being. Let's get this out to as many people as possible. As I told balrgn in my email (and hopefully you got the file okay, Andre), the only request I have is that if a copy is made, title the CD, "Sherri's Cookbook" in her memory. Feel free to tell everyone that she was the most caring, loving, kindheart and selfless person, and everyone who knew her loved her and was blessed to know her.

Frederic

Sherri SHOULD be flattered, because she made a WONDERFUL collection of recipes.

Did she type up each one of these, herself?

I plan to try several of them, as soon a spossible.