Closed Thread
Old 08-31-2005, 03:09 PM   #15
Rivet Master
The Patterson family will lift Sherri's name on high when we pray tonight.
Take comfort in the fact that she is in Heaven with our Lord and savior. You willl see her again someday.
God bless you and your whole family. God bless Sherri as she enters the kingdom we all shall enter someday.
Lou, Candie, Alexandra and Grace Patterson

Old 08-31-2005, 03:11 PM   #16
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Frederic... please accept our condolences.

AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
Old 08-31-2005, 04:52 PM   #17
1971 23' Safari
Riverton , Missouri
You have my deepest sympathies.
Old 08-31-2005, 05:53 PM   #18
3 Rivet Member
it's going to be hard for awhile my friend do as i have done,just take one day at a time. i find it helps to make a daily visit to the cemetary,instead of crying when i go i smile and think of the good times,i know it sounds bad but she is in a better place now and out of any pain and suffering she was in..........i lost my mother a little over 4 months ago... she had cancer for over 27 years.and did not let it take her. she was lost to 5 days of cipro,it put her into renal faliure. it is so sad to lose someone like your dear wife at such a young age.our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...........
Old 08-31-2005, 06:46 PM   #19
Rivet Master
2005 28' International CCD
Pagosa Springs , Colorado

I'm sorry that you are going through such pain. I will pray for you and your family tonight.
"would you rather have a mansion full of money or a trailer full of love?"

Old 08-31-2005, 07:38 PM   #20
Rivet Master
1967 28' Ambassador
Rockford , Illinois
Send a message via ICQ to flamingo-kid1 Send a message via AIM to flamingo-kid1
Originally Posted by StingrayL82
It is with the deepest regret that I announce my wife's passing. Sherri was 34 and died of metastatic breast cancer. She fought for four long years, but finally succumbed this morning at 12:50 AM EST. She was the kindest, gentlest, most selfless person I have ever known, and a part of me has died with her. I will miss her dearly.

Oh Frederic, I am SO SORRY.

I'm very glad that you and I had our talk last night, because now I feel I can tell you that it's of the UTMOST importance that you and the children understand that she is no longer in pain, and she lives on through you guys. She always will.

I am SO SORRY for your loss.

I'm just a pink flamingo on the great lawn of life :-)
Old 08-31-2005, 08:52 PM   #21
Rivet Master
1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57

As a cancer survivor who has lost much of my family to the same disease I can only bow my head in prayer for you and your family and hope that you will find the strength you now need to carry on the memory of a lady who added so much love and joy to your lives. Live the life she wished for you and in that way her memory will live on.

Old 08-31-2005, 08:52 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member
1967 22' Safari
Branford , Connecticut
Dear Frederic, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. It's hard enough to lose someone you love but to only have them for such a short time is heartbreaking. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that the love we send you over these ciberwaves will help in some small way. Wishing you peace, Diane
Old 08-31-2005, 09:07 PM   #23
Rivet Master
1972 31' Sovereign
Oakdale , Minnesota
With deepest sympathies to Frederic, to his family, and to all of those who's lives were touched by Sherri. We are very sorry for your loss, and we know that words can not take away the pain.

May Sherri rest in peace, and may those who loved her gain the strength to live life to its fullest in her memory and honor.
72 Sovereign: L couch, mid-twin, rear-bath
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"
"It was impossible to get a conversation going; everybody was talking too much."
"If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else." - Yogi Berra

Old 08-31-2005, 09:17 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member
frederick I am so sorry for your loss. Have faith in our Lord that you will reunite with your beloved wife some day and live for eternity with her in God's love.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:39 PM   #25
Rivet Master
San Angelo , Texas
Thank you all for the kind words....I'm bawling like a baby right now. The hardest thing for me today was saying goodbye again to Sherri, at the funeral home. She will be cremated tomorrow, per her wishes. In the spring, hopefully Spring Break timewise, the children and I are going to hook up the old Sovereign (which will be finished by then) to the Dodge CTD and travel to the places where Sherri and I spent many wonderful memories together. At each stop, some of her ashes will be scattered, so that she will forever be with those memories.

If any of you would like accompany us with your Airstreams (and you have the time), it would be an honor and a privelege to travel with you. I really can't think of a better way to send her off than with a caravan. These things take time to plan, so I figure seven months should be plenty of time to figure out the logistics.

Chris, thank you so much for wanting to name your rosebush after Sherri. If she were reading this right now, she would say that she doesn't deserve such an honor. She loved flowers so much, but could never keep them alive

Jack, you can bet I'll take you up on the offer of a visit. I travel Harford Rd. all the time, with kids...they call it the "Uh oh Road", because of all of its twists, turns, dips and climbs. I wonder if I've seen your rig, because I went by this one place the other day, and an Airstream caught the corner of my eye, parked behind a house. I was going north on Harford Rd. and it was sitting on the left side of the road, in the back. I couldn't tell you where on Harford Rd. exactly, but I'd know it again, if I saw it. Small world, if it's yours.

RaChelle, you, as well as the other tin canners I spoke with last night in chat, are very kind. It is in the most unlikely of places that you find the best of friends, sometimes. I felt the need to post the announcement of Sherri's passing, but I never imagined that it would get this many responses, nor so many views.

I can never begin to repay the kindness shown to me, but I will find a way. It is with my deepest sincerity that I hope none of you ever have to experience this tragedy; for those who have, may our wounds heal and may it never happen again.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:50 PM   #26
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
I believe that you will receive great strength from the uplift of prayer from the people of this Forum. God bless you.
1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
Old 08-31-2005, 11:03 PM   #27
3 Rivet Member
Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair

hang in there buddy it will get a little bit better each day you wake up...
keep talking to us dont give up...
Life's short...take your kid camping
Old 08-31-2005, 11:15 PM   #28
USN/LAPD Retired
2005 25' Safari
North Las Vegas , United States
I know some of the pain that you've been through. To lose your partner, friend, pal, lover and mother of your children is hartbreaking. My wife Sun (a cancer survivor) and I, will have you and your children in our prayers. May the days that follow have gods hand on you and guide you during your time of loss.

Rick & Sun Provencio
AKA - Safari-Rick

2007 Dodge Ram Quadcab 6.7L Diesel w/jakebrake

"Better to have more then you need, then need more then you have because you don't have enough!"
AIR #: 8129
Closed Thread