Old 09-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
Rivet Master
1963 16' Bambi
Yreka , California
Excellent information! There are so many scams out there! If these folks were have as creative with doing real work, America could really prosper! When my Mom was still alive she was a real sweetie and it was easy for her to get "taken"... I was always backtracking and watching her stuff for her! Thanks for sharing the story! Everyone needs to know about these crooks!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)

CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:22 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2005 28' Safari S/O
Paradise , California
Originally Posted by GreatPumpkin
What I find even funnier is I happen to be friends with the head of the local WaMu bank branch. I'm going to take it by for her to see.

There's surely enough info the right law enforcement could track him down and arrest him, the problem is I don't know of any that would want to be bothered with it - not their jurisdiction. That's exactly why so many of these nut cases continue get away with it
I would think your friend at the bank would have an interest in prosecuting this scumbag, since the check (which is not a certified check like they claimed) was from her bank. Too bad they didn't send it US Mail. You could sick the Postal Investigators on them.

TinShack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:44 PM   #17
3 Rivet Member
Vintage Kin Owner
colorado springs , Colorado
so, now we have his home address?
anyone know anyone in the area that can drop a '95 Tercell on his front lawn and demand payment for delivery?
Champagne wishes and Caviar dreams!
Budwieser budget.
volvophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #18
Rivet Master
2011 34' Classic
Westchester Cty.NY , / Miami FL
good topic for talk like a pirate day!

it is not unusual to have a few related businesses working from the same address in ny.

it IS unusual that every piece of info comes from a different location.

i think i hear a piece on the news a few days ago about some stolen business checks floating around brooklyl ny the other day.

i'll be in nyc tomorrow but way uptown. if it was closer i might drop off my 78 aspen in exchange for that EXTRA $2,900. lol

tell him the bank called you and that there might be a problem with the check. 'ya think it might be stolen?????????? 8-)
2012 F150 Super Crew 5-1/2' bed Ecoboost 4x4 3.73 elec. lock diff. Propride hitch
give life. kidney & pancreas transplant 9/9/06
Ingrid-my unofficial '"World's Oldest Streamer" 1909-2008 R.I.P.
richinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #19
Married to Soldiermedic
San Antonio , Texas
there is a website in relation to this but it envolves overseas scammers...

Welcome to the 419 Eater

The site is a bit vitious but you get a good idea of what the baters do to drive the scammers nuts.
CombatMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member
1965 17' Caravel
west hills , California
I had a similar experience when selling a car on ebay a couple years ago - he wanted all kinds of personal information from me so he could send me twice my asking price. I gladly gave him the phone number and address of the local FBI office
krikles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:18 PM   #21
Just an old timer...

Tipton , Iowa
Originally Posted by GreatPumpkin
There's surely enough info the right law enforcement could track him down and arrest him, the problem is I don't know of any that would want to be bothered with it - not their jurisdiction. That's exactly why so many of these nut cases continue get away with it
Actually, most of them are overseas. THAT's how they get away with it. My officers have traced three of them to Balkan states in the former Soviet bloc. No enforcement available there.

This guy, however, appears to BE reachable. Call your local PD fraud unit and see if you can get them fired up. I'll bet you'll be surprised at the enthusiastic response you get. There is also a federally-owned website you can report on: Internet Crime Complaint Center

I sold a Nigerian a non-existant horse a few years ago. Would you believe he scammed me with a counterfeit check? I was appalled!

AIR 2053 Current: 2006 Born Free 32 RQ Kodiak Chassis, & 1995 Coachmen B-van
Former Airstreams: 1953 Flying Cloud, 1957 Overlander, 1961 Bambi, 1970 Safari Special, 1978 Argosy Minuet, 1985 325 Moho, 1994 Limited 34' Two-door, 1994 B190 "B-Van"
85MH325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:23 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member
2003 22' International CCD
Ledyard , Connecticut
Received something similar

This is interesting. Last week I received an email through Craigs List about my T@B that I had listed locally on the list. Fortunately my trailer was already sold and gone, but this potential "buyer" also appeared to have a Minnesota address, MN, which struck me as odd. This "buyer" indicated my asking price was too high and wanted a copy of my original sales invoice. Another oddity was the fact that I received this email through Craigs List even though I am certain I deleted my listing after the purchase was completed.

Sir Logan Foxhall, OAP, OJP, NAC, NCC, CL1, PS1, PJ1, CGC
Sir Blaze Foxhall, Let the Games Begin!!!

The more I try to understand people, the better I like my dog.
rettoc625 is offline   Reply With Quote