Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Dallas , Texas
Thumbs down Scam Alert: 2004 Bambi

2004.Airstream.International.Bambi. - $2750

Showing up on Minneapolis craigslist: 2004.Airstream.International.Bambi.

I actually emailed to see if this was legit (I thought it was local). Here's what came back:

====================

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing my 2004 Airstream International Bambi. The airstream is in perfect working condition, with nothing mechanically wrong - like new! If you decide to buy it, you'll receive all the papers, owner manual, keys, a buy-sell contract already signed by me. For this transaction I want to use Amazon Autos because I want to have a smooth and fast transaction. The airstream is at the shipping company warehouse in Cleveland,OH and from there it will be shipped to buyer's address. You will have to make the payment to Amazon Autos and they will hold the money until you receive the trailer. ONLY AFTER you receive the trailer and you inspect it (for 5 days) they will release the payment to me. The inspection time period will begin as soon as you receive the trailer at your requested address. During all this time Amazon Autos will hold the money into a trust account. So, this is not a blind transaction, you can see the trailer before decided to buy it. In this way we are both protected.
The final price is $2,750 with shipping costs and insurance included. The price is low because I want to sell the trailer very quickly. My husband died 2 months ago and I along with my daughter we decided to sell the house and move to my sister in Granville OH . I can't afford to take days off my work for this sale so i'm trying to sell it online.
If you are really interested in purchasing the trailer please send me your full name, shipping address and your phone number. Amazon Autos will notify you all the details about the shipping and payment.
I will appreciate an answer as soon as possible.

Regards!
Myra Billingsley
====================
PatrickW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2007 19' International CCD
2002 19' Bambi
2005 30' Classic
Dover , Arkansas
Scammy Scammy

These people are a dime a dozen.....I followed one last week that started out in Nashville, TN., Las Vegas, NV. Salt Lake City UT. and all over California.....The e-mail you received, was similar to what they sent me....Hurry I need to sell this quickly.....I just sent back and replied....Scam artist !!! Surely no one takes these guys seriously !!!
ole-red is offline   Reply With Quote