Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-01-2007, 10:24 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBRich
We have not had a problem with AS vandalism or attempted break-ins in our neighborhood (so far), and since I work at home one of us (if not both) are home most of the time...that, plus the fact that we live on a short dead-end street (not quite a cul-de-sac) and have very watchful neighbors... However, Airstreams are tempting targets and I do have concerns about people knowing we are not home when we are on a trip...

See post #33 in this thread: http://www.airforums.com/forums/f39/...own-35036.html

for pictures of the new gates we have just added to our "Bambi Port" to increase security and shelter the Airstream from unwanted access and eyes.

TB
Great set up TB for protecting the Bullet and for making it very hard to tell when it is where it should be, in a CG somewhere.

I have mine socked away in it's Air'hanger and the neighbor out with the kids collecting goodies last night asked where it was - that's a good sign that it's very well hidden, and that they notice when it's not visible. I thanked her for that.

She is the only neighbor who would actually be able to see the trailer in our yard, but we did find out that folks who horseback ride up behind us, at that height on a horse and on the hill, can see the trailer for a brief period. Fortunately, they are all part of the neighborhood and wouldn't be giving anyone problems.

Barry
Old 11-01-2007, 02:10 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
NERF Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari57
Gee whiz, Richard, you just hit on THE idea. This way for those folks who are also just looking or trying to decide they could buy one of these inflatables and put it in their yard and determine if it "works" with the rest of the yard/neighbors etc.

You could be a very wealthy man with this one....

Barry
An inflatable Airstream could also be a great training vehicle. If you're nervous having one of your kids (32 years old or not) drive, or your wife has never towed and doesn't want to listen to you do a meltdown/psychotic break... practice with a Nerfstream. The dings would come right out.

Paula
Old 11-06-2007, 10:34 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1964 22' Safari
SACRAMENTO , California
We just got back from the 3 day rally in Kernville at the Rivernook Campground..lots of great members and guests to visit with, great food, great places to see..and with this thread I had started, there were a few moments when I thought about how things were doing at our home..we had our 2 different trustworthy neighbors help in bringing in our mail and going into our back yard to feed our pigeons and our goldfish..

So we got home in the afternoon..sooo blatantly obvious when we open the gate on the busy street, back in the safari, where anyone coming to the 4-way stop intersection can note our activities!!!..(so I can envision what they see when we go out of our fence out on our trip!!!)..anyways, everything is as it was when we left and returned..but I am still thinking of some sort of thing to stand that would rise above our 6 ft. fence on the street side..
codybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 03:10 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Codybear

Are you allowed to put up one of the Costco style car/trailer covers? They have a door on them. When you have the door closed no one can tell if there's a trailer in it or not.

The other thing is to have another distraction there, like a second vehicle you may leave at home - park it in front of that gate if you can so when someone is going by they see something there. It doesn't necessarily have to be the trailer....

Or, you could buy a nice little acreage or place with a big back area that when the trailer is back there it can't be seen anyway so no one will now when it is there or gone - that's what we have and it's great. We have even just camped back there and with the creek and all the trees it is nice to hide out from time to time - and I still get to soak in the big soaker tub early in the morning too.....

Barry
Old 11-06-2007, 06:24 PM   #25
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Cody - Get a second Airstream, that will fool them!

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is online now   Reply With Quote

« On Ebay | Top | Service »