Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-29-2007, 09:47 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Beautiful!

It looks like Golddigger's Airstream minus the Great Dane and talking bird.

Tell my brother in-law (ricko) he cannot pull anything close to this size Airstream with his Honda Pilot so the Minuet 6.0 will need to stay in the family.

Hope to see your new rig at an NEU event soon! (Oh, and you guys too).

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:03 PM   #102
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
It's nice that a few pieces of the old gal will now be part of the Minuet.

New trailer needs some airing out - smells like moth balls. Found a cup of them underneath the closet floor. Hope that was the only source and time will make it daisy fresh.
peegreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 10:08 PM   #103
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
peegreen...I'm sooooo impressed how you just took the bull by the horns and turned this disaster into a lesson to us all in "moving on" when something bad happens to good people. When I read you had already bought a new AS, I couldn't believe it...I had to go back to see when you first posted your loss...July 20...just over a week ago! Wow! And here you are, insurance settled, a new (and newer, even) AS in emaculalte condition already in place and you are looking forward to more good times... You are truely an inspiration to us all. Thank you for sharing your loss and your spirit of recovery with us all.

And by all means...Happy Trails once again! TB
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:00 PM   #104
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Good Karma given!

I know you'll always remember your older Airstream, and the good times you had in it, but WOW, you hit the jackpot with the new one!

Have you named the new one yet? With that interior "the Scarlet Pimpernel" or "Scarlet O'Hara" might be a possibility. Have fun making the new one your own and have fun using it! Back to the Beach!

Paula
Old 07-29-2007, 11:16 PM   #105
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Mrs. peegreen deserves all the credit; remember, I just wanted to be able to get a portion of our reservations deposit back. And the interior.... she already has plans for me to redo to her taste. My Mom loved it and we told Dad all about it - he can't wait to see the new one - Told me that I had now caught up to owning the number of trailers they had owned - I acknowledged and replied all for the wrong reasons. He had all kinds of thoughts and reasons for the recent events. He strained to tell me how they loved the '69, the '77 loved not too much, but really loved the '89. He said I would love this one too. It was a good visit - an Airstream parked in their driveway overnight seemed natural as it was missing a void and it brought me to visit Dad while he is recovering.
Old 07-29-2007, 11:27 PM   #106
Rivet Master

1998 31' Excella 1000
South Berwick , Maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
It's great you have a replacement trailer so quickly, and that your Dad is on the mend. Maybe when he gets well enough to travel, you can take him with you once in the new trailer. Is this the trailer we talked about, the one in Jersey?
Also, anything out of the old one that you want to salvage, if it is made from fabric or plastic, it will always have a smokey smell to it. We had a house fire 7 years ago, and the few things we kept smell of smoke to this day.
Now, about the old trailer, I figure 4 or 5 of us can come up, gut the interior, replace the insulation, and stick a new inside in it in a couple of weekends or so...
This is the trailer from NJ...... I'm afraid even Wally and his friends would turn down the opportunity bring this one back to life. Besides, it's really creepy when you go in there, kinda like it's dead. I tried to breathe life back into her when I was fighting the fire, the fire dept tried to resucitate her, but she's gone. No more sadness. All the Karma that was sent turned this experience around with momentum to move forward - THANK YOU, THANK YOU ALL.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:25 AM   #107
4 Rivet Member

2005 25' Classic
Pelham , New Hampshire
Hi

Carla & I want to wish all of you the best of luck. Glad you made a comeback so soon, we can't wait to see all of you guy's. I'm recovering from rotator cuff surgery so it will be a while. We went to the cape for our last trip before the surgery. Went to Provincetown. Loved it.
Again, best of luck. Nice to see people move on so soon and so well from such a tragic situation.

See you soon, Bob & Carla & Moose
bobandcarla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:54 AM   #108
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
Cape Cod , USA
You're gonna love the extra room the widebody gives you. It's a little scary going over the bridges to the Cape but you get used to it.

The interior looks familiar, it's similar to what we had in our 02 before we started our remodel but ours had green accents. It looks to be in great shape, congrats.
WBCCI #9204, Region 1, 1st VP NEU
TAC #MA-4
M&M CAPECOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #109
2 Rivet Member

1968 30' Sovereign
Savannah , Georgia
The loss of a family Friend is always hard..

Dear Friend,

I am glad that you and your family were safe and unharmed, but I feel your pain at the loss of your family Friend (She) Your trailer have given you many good memories.. Remember her the way she was not how she is.. My heart goes out to you.. Somehow a check never makes it any better other than replacement..

David & Ann Johnson
WBCCI #1807
TAC GA-21
A person who is nice to you but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person...
tvadman1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:49 PM   #110
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
South Berwick , Maine
Thank you

Pete and Lisa, with all you two had going on, it was above and beyond to think to call us and offer us parts from your trailer. Remember we're here if you need any help with the new one, she looks well taken care of, what great previous owners.

Good wishes to your dad and mom, take care,

pattyo
Old 07-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #111
3 Rivet Member

1985 25' Sovereign
South Berwick , Maine
Vanity plate

oh, and AIRSTRM is available if you want a vanity plate
Old 07-30-2007, 07:59 PM   #112
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Just a thought.....

Hey, I may be out of order here to suggest this BUT..... This thread has morphed from one of tragic loss to new found frontiers. The thread name is way out of place for what has been a blessing for those involved. May a name change be in order or a transfer of the new found comments to a happier named thread? Just a thought, each time I see "Sad, sad day" in the list of threads on the portal page, I have to run to my window and check on Lucy and Desi in the driveway and make sure they are safe.

May your new found trailer bring you much happiness.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:18 PM   #113
Rivet Master

1992 29' Excella
Currently Looking...
JOY IN , Arizona
Thumbs up its a sad day--with happy ending

Wow Peegreen, thats fantastic.Your situation, makes me feel better,any other members will see a silver lining into a sad story.and a perfect great ending.I hope we meet up in R1R, I want you to introduce me to your new addition .I like to show my new addition. Happy Trails.
wbcci ,#3510 NEU & 4cu https://fire1.smugmug.com
firedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:39 AM   #114
Pam
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
1968 24' Tradewind
Northborough , Massachusetts
Wonderful

Great find and looks fantastic. I recognize the interior....our '98 Cutter has the same fabrics!

Can't wait to see you all and check out the new rig.

Pam

New England Unit....in Fun, Fellowship and Adventure.
Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:21 PM   #115
4 Rivet Member

2007 30' Classic
marlborough , Massachusetts
Congrats Peter and Lisa

Happy trails to you both. And speaking of trails, when are we going to see you guys again?
Elaine L is offline   Reply With Quote