Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-14-2003, 03:51 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Question RV Parks in Galveston, TX

My wife and I are planning a trip to Galveston, TX the week of December 29th. Does anyone have any preferences or experience with the 4 or so parks there? Recommendations?
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 04:07 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Be sure and look at the Texas State Park in Galveston.
You can find it on the net.

Jim
Texas
Old 12-14-2003, 05:39 PM   #3

We like the State Park in Galvestion the best. The only down side is that there is no sewer connection. There is a dump station, however. The park had both 30 and 50 amp electrical connections.

--- Jim
jofelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2003, 08:31 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

The state park on the west end of the island is great. However if you plan on many activities in town you might want to consider the county park at the end of the Seawall. They have full hookups as well if you need them, and are right on the beach.
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 10:12 AM   #5
3 Rivet Member

RV Parks - Galveston, Tx/

This past summer we stayed at the "Delaneiro Campground" in Galveston. It is so nice. We had full hookups and were right on the beach (access to the beach). The people were very friendly and the price was right.

Gloria & Don
Greenville, Tx.
Lee Pace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 11:26 AM   #6
3 Rivet Member

Thats the park i was referring to, may be a county park, but the name is Dellarina, or something close to that, it's is right where the seawall ends, on the beach.
wildcat455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2003, 12:29 PM   #7
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by 61Overlander
Thats the park i was referring to, may be a county park, but the name is Dellarina, or something close to that, it's is right where the seawall ends, on the beach.
It's the Delmarva RV Resort. We had a WBCCI rally there about 6 months ago. It is convenient to Moody Gardens, the aviation museum, and the city in general.

Not very fancy, but most sites are full hookup. Right on the water, though, just steps from the beach. The wind blew hard all the time we were there and the salt spray came right into the park. I had salt on the back of the trailer. All my padlocks and my expanding chocks were rusted by the time I left.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote