Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
Rivet Riveting tidbits about: soldiermedic

For my 1,000th post on Airforums I give you...

soldiermedic

Guys and Gals - take a minute and read some of the most classy posts of all times (Look at his profile and stats, all topics STARTED by soldiermedic, and look back to the beginning - he's a been-there, done-that, friend... kinda guy) - Not just playing on the freeway this one! Here's a guy who sneers at dunderhead repair shops & bad juju YET smiles when he looks over his shoulder back at all of us tagging along...

Questions:

1) What thread of logic, truism or folklore wit keeps you up and at it? Is there a secret Masonic keyword or Zen meditation phrase that keeps chaos at bay? And if so, WHAT IS IT!!

2) When its soldiermedic down or quality time, what background music helps you recharge?

3) If you could chose anywhere in the States to have an extended R&R where would it be? I'm talking about a sabbatical year away - not just seeing the shows somewhere...

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:56 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbiteer View Post
For my 1,000th post on Airforums I give you...

soldiermedic

Guys and Gals - take a minute and read some of the most classy posts of all times ( here's the soldiermedic I remember ) - Not just playing on the freeway this one! Here's a guy who sneers at dunderhead repair shops & bad juju YET smiles when he looks over his shoulder back at all of us tagging along...

Questions:

1) What thread of logic, truism or folklore wit keeps you up and at it? Is there a secret Masonic keyword or Zen meditation phrase that keeps chaos at bay? And if so, WHAT IS IT!!

2) When its soldiermedic down or quality time, what background music helps you recharge?

3) If you could chose anywhere in the States to have an extended R&R where would it be? I'm talking about a sabbatical year away - not just seeing the shows somewhere...

Well thanks Wabbiteer, for giving me the honor of the next Riveting Tidbits on AIRforums. I'll be as forthcoming as I can about everyone's questions. This whole Riveting Tidbits has been a fun experience for everyone involved, so lets have some fun.

No Masonic keywords, folklore, logic, or truism needed to keep me at it. I have had a passion for Airstreams since before I joined the AIRforums in 2006, and have tried to learn as much as I could about them since that time.

I am currently listening to "When you were young" by The Killers, but before that I was jamming to "Green grass and high tides" by The Outlaws. I am a connoisseur of many types of music during study time, down time, or while working.

3) If you could chose anywhere in the States to have an extended R&R where would it be? I'm talking about a sabbatical year away - not just seeing the shows somewhere.

A year sabbatical? Wow, wish I was fortunate enough for THAT to happen. I believe that I would head out to the western states. I would like to see the sights in Utah, California, New Mexico, Arizona, and even up to the pacific northwest. I have only visited family in L.A. for 1 week, so this part of the country is completely unknown to me. Might I add that Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas, and Colorado are all on my list. Maybe I should say that a year west of the chef states would be a grand time for me.

Steve

Old 01-17-2011, 12:25 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Hyde Park Place , Ohio
You have a deep desire to have a 13 panel Airstream, but you've owned several airstreams before. How come they didn't stick? What is it about that era that keeps you coming back?

When you wake up in the morning in an airstream, what's the first thing you do after you open the door? What would you like to see?

You're doing the education thing right now. What inspired you to follow this path? Where do you think it will lead you?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Florissant , USA
Well I thought I was going to get to 48 hours with no other questions! Good questions, so let's get started.

You have a deep desire to have a 13 panel Airstream, but you've owned several airstreams before. How come they didn't stick? What is it about that era that keeps you coming back?

Amy and I love the artistic lines and the looks of the 13 panel design. We have owned two 13 panels trailers before, but only camped in one of them since one was a complete rebuild project that was sold (after the hard part was done mind you)due to Amy pcs'ing and me going to school.

When you wake up in the morning in an airstream, what's the first thing you do after you open the door? What would you like to see?

Opening the door is usually not a number one priority for us in the Airstream. Once we open the door, we usually end up taking the dog for a nice long potty walk. I would like to see many other silver trailers around us, but would settle for a nice beach, or some mountains.

You're doing the education thing right now. What inspired you to follow this path? Where do you think it will lead you?

I am completing my Bachelor's of Science in Nursing through the University of Missouri in St. Louis right now. y main inspiration in this was to help people, but more so to help my fellow brothers and sisters in arms. I plan to return to the military to finish my career taking care of soldiers and their family members.

Steve
Old 01-19-2011, 10:25 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
I'm here to talk you into re-upping for another 48-hour tour

From my early years I remember a delightful summer playing Doctor with some gorgeous nurses in a happening camper-trailer in storage at my best friends' house.. Are you going to keep the keys out of reach until your crew all reach eighteen?

I had a buddy back in 98 who had the Citizenship issue - put in the max allowed years as Army Medic-Nurse (finishing at Walter Reed) and bounced out to get both his Degree and Citizenship... Working private sector health care pained him to near tears so his motivation was absolute. If you see an Officer named Manny G send him my best..

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote