Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Kevin

I also have ADD. I had 5 motorcycles, but I have trimmed that down to 3. I have 2 AS, and I have agreed to sell the 31 footer, but would really like a 34 footer and a 19 ft Globetrotter. Just one is never enough for me. I guess it is a desease and I have it.

Silverhoot

The real estate market is depressed all over. The problem is if you wait for the market to return, before you sell, it will also return where you want to buy. So you may consider selling your CA home now at a reduced price and buying a home in greenville, SC now (also at a reduced price). This way you can move and be where you want to be now. We have some nice homes and low taxes here in Lynchburg, and it is closer to Vermont than Greenville, and it is close to the mountains. I would love to have you for a neighbor also.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 10:53 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
Kevin

I also have ADD. I had 5 motorcycles, but I have trimmed that down to 3. I have 2 AS, and I have agreed to sell the 31 footer, but would really like a 34 footer and a 19 ft Globetrotter. Just one is never enough for me. I guess it is a desease and I have it.

Silverhoot

The real estate market is depressed all over. The problem is if you wait for the market to return, before you sell, it will also return where you want to buy. So you may consider selling your CA home now at a reduced price and buying a home in greenville, SC now (also at a reduced price). This way you can move and be where you want to be now. We have some nice homes and low taxes here in Lynchburg, and it is closer to Vermont than Greenville, and it is close to the mountains. I would love to have you for a neighbor also.

Dan
Dan, you do have a point that I have considered. Our house is off the market until probably spring. We have never been to Lynchburg, we are open to other locations besides Greenville, we just really liked it there.
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 11:53 AM   #23
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Kevin

The real estate market is depressed all over. The problem is if you wait for the market to return, before you sell, it will also return where you want to buy. So you may consider selling your CA home now at a reduced price and buying a home in greenville, SC now (also at a reduced price). This way you can move and be where you want to be now.

Dan
We're in the same situation. I don't want to sell into a rising market but determining the market price at any one time is very difficult. Generally, markets are still dropping so far as I can figure it out, but everyplace is different. When markets drop, you can be behind the market and not realize it and then have to reduce the price over and over again.

We just re-listed our house and the adjoining lot and hope to sell someday soon. Although selling a house in rural Colorado in winter may be challenging, we bought it in the winter, so someone like us may realize our home's value and be willing to buy in winter. It's beautiful here and we have lots of land and have remodeled the house extensively, but we can live anywhere, so why not try somewhere else? It's time for a change (we're retired and we rarely stay in any one house more than 10 years) and we have our sights on Santa Fe.

So, 'hoot:

1. What type of house do you like best?

2. What is your least favorite thing about moving?

3. Why should someone buy your house in California?

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 12:44 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1967 24' Tradewind
Greenville , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
We're in the same situation. I don't want to sell into a rising market but determining the market price at any one time is very difficult. Generally, markets are still dropping so far as I can figure it out, but everyplace is different. When markets drop, you can be behind the market and not realize it and then have to reduce the price over and over again.

We just re-listed our house and the adjoining lot and hope to sell someday soon. Although selling a house in rural Colorado in winter may be challenging, we bought it in the winter, so someone like us may realize our home's value and be willing to buy in winter. It's beautiful here and we have lots of land and have remodeled the house extensively, but we can live anywhere, so why not try somewhere else? It's time for a change (we're retired and we rarely stay in any one house more than 10 years) and we have our sights on Santa Fe.

So, 'hoot:

1. What type of house do you like best?

2. What is your least favorite thing about moving?

3. Why should someone buy your house in California?

Gene
1. By 'type' I'm thinking you mean what style. Never lived in one but have always liked craftsman/bungalow style.

2. Least favorite thing is packing. We have never used a mover but intend on it whenever the next time is.

3. Our home in California is a custom built 3/4 bedroom( office could easily become a 4th bedroom) with amazing kitchen on 2.5 acres in beautiful Shasta County. Surrounded by mountains and about 3 hours to the ocean. Lake for boating and fishing <10 minutes and ski slopes for skiing are about an hour away. Oversized 3 car garage + detached oversized 2-car garage used for my shop. We like our floor plan so well after being here 6 years we would not change a thing.
SilverHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:23 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1968 24' Tradewind
1959 17' Pacer
Vintage Kin Owner
holly springs , Georgia
Quote:
Kevin

Silverhoot

Dan
My gt is for sale if interested send me a pm
kevin
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:58 PM   #26
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverHoot View Post
1. By 'type' I'm thinking you mean what style. Never lived in one but have always liked craftsman/bungalow style.

2. Least favorite thing is packing. We have never used a mover but intend on it whenever the next time is.

3. Our home in California is a custom built 3/4 bedroom( office could easily become a 4th bedroom) with amazing kitchen on 2.5 acres in beautiful Shasta County. Surrounded by mountains and about 3 hours to the ocean. Lake for boating and fishing <10 minutes and ski slopes for skiing are about an hour away. Oversized 3 car garage + detached oversized 2-car garage used for my shop. We like our floor plan so well after being here 6 years we would not change a thing.
Type or style—whatever you wanted. We like Craftsman, Prairie and Arts and Crafts. #2 was easy—who likes packing? We moved ourselves last time (240 miles); probably not so much this time—10 years older. House sounds nice and I hope both of us get to sell soon.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote