Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-08-2006, 01:55 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Too late to back out now...

I think for me the title of Rivet Master basically means I am in too deep now to back out. My 1973 31' Airstream is still not done yet but it will be some day. In some respects interacting with people in these forums has been more fun than the restoration work itself. Also the interaction has helped me keep going on my project. Checking in with the forums from time to time reminds me that I am not the only person out there with an ongoing Airstream project. I have enjoyed the learning experience and I have also enjoyed sharing insights that I have picked up along the way.

Malcolm
malconium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:50 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
markdoane... Are you related to Bill Domm ?.. He was our member of Parliament for a few years.. very nice man.. I met his wife Joan ... I think her name was and I believe they had 3 sons..
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
having been here for soooo long I guess I passed Rivet Master and have become a Rivet Slave.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #24
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALANSD
having been here for soooo long I guess I passed Rivet Master and have become a Rivet Slave.
I think any of us with more than 3,000 posts should get a complimentary membership in the "Get a Life Club."
Old 10-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
madera , California
Congrats from a single rivet on your promotion, I hope this means you have only right answers. I brought home my Sovereign from Hornbrook this past weekend. I was right next to you, gorgeous up there. Hope to do improvements to go back up.
rolwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 03:17 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 26
Norristown , Pennsylvania
Arrow Rivet master. What does it mean to you.

I am a "Newbe" here, and for a while I tried to ressist replying to this post for the fear of someone missunderstanding me. I am not a rivet master and even if I were, my view would have a different approach. Now, since I no longer can ressist the temptation of replying to this thread, here what I think it should mean. It should not be about number of posts or the replies we make. It should be about the satisfaction of having gained knowledge thru experience, willingness and the ability to help others. "KNOWLEDGE WHICH IS NOT SHARED, SERVES ONLY SELF INDUCED GRATIFICATION". So let's hear loud cheers for all of you who shared their knowledge and helped others. Sincere thanks to all of you, and hope that the good feeling about yourself is your treasured reward. Thank you, "Boatdoc"
boatdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 08:11 PM   #27
Site Team

2002 25' Safari
Dewey , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaddyGrn
Well, I think (unless it is one of those dreaded "senior moments") this should be my "big" post! I thought I would ask all of you, newbies to those with thousands of posts.... (whew!) what being a Rivet Master means to you!

Actually pretty exciting to me! I have never had a "master" title for anything before!

Well folks, let's hear it! What does it mean to you???

Thanks!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
Congratulations on you 500th. Your comment about never had the "master" title before reminds me of an old joke.

There was this guy who was hired on a fishing boat to bait the hooks. Since he was an entry level employee he was giver the title of apprentice baiter.
Time went on and he became better and better at his job. He was promoted to Junior Baiter then Senior Baiter and....................
You know what, I can't tell that joke here.
Sorry, PM me if you need to hear the punch line.

BTW, I wanted you to have this copy of your 500th post.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CaddyGrn500.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	26805  

Richard

Wally Byam Airstream Club 7513
azflycaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:38 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Congrats on the 500th!

Marv, not that I needed another post just to congratulate CaddieGrn -- but I frequently see the need to add an 'I agree' or 'I disagree' because threads often head in directions that might mislead an inexperienced reader -- or are outright wrong.

But Claudia, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the road -- keep posting! Woo-hoo!!

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:44 PM   #29

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We hope to be there one day.
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:48 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1963 16' Bambi
1962 22' Safari
Yreka , California
Thanks! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canoe stream
Congrats on the 500th!

But Claudia, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the road -- keep posting! Woo-hoo!!
Thanks a bunch! Now that "my" Bambi is just about finished.... except for some curtain finishing and other "decorating" touches (Don does have to finish the stereo system....and a few things....) I think I will relax. It is getting chilly outside so more time on the forum must certainly be in order!

Enjoying reading everyone's posts! So many talented and witty folks here! Looking forward to seeing what will be posted next!

Mrs. NorCal Bambi (traveling in S Tardis)
CaddyGrn is offline   Reply With Quote