Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #41
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLevel View Post
Windows 10 is the best Windows OS yet. Much better and more fun than getting a flu shot. On the other hand, iOS is the most dumbed down, inflexible, and boring OS out there.
Yeah!! I miss hours of "updates" to resolve problems from previous releases, backup of all personal data...twice.. "Just in case", upgrading hardware to utilize existing "improved functions"... blah blah blah..

Actually, the MS model is great for folks who enjoy doing "hardware upgrades"... "Honey, I just shrunk the bank account". "Yes, We needed a water cooled Octet processor, 12TB of RAM, solid state hard drive(s) to store the "OS" and future updates, fiber channel exterior tape drive, DVD burner with auto feed and indexing system (sorry that replaced your craft room... don't put anything flammable, or inflammable in there either)... and do not "pull the chain" on my surplus HALON system... smoldering odor from the electronics is "normal... oh... you can store 1/2 of the grandkids pictures... but ask me to be sure we don't kill our ThunderCloud space.."

Yeah.. that did't work for me either... but we did get a bracket to hang the hair drier, flat iron, etc... (We (I) haven't been happily married over 40 years... without t learning something!!! that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...."
cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post

(We (I) haven't been happily married over 40 years... without t learning something!!! that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...."
cwf, you mean '' happily married for over 40 years'' Congratulations on 45 years cwf.
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:29 AM   #43
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
Every "improvement" only made it different not necessarily better.
Gearheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #44
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
cwf, you mean '' happily married for over 40 years'' Congratulations on 45 years cwf.
Almost!!! March 06, 1976... America's 200th Birthday year!!!
Old 03-29-2017, 05:15 PM   #45
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Retirement... every day is Saturday
Birthdays.... maintenance schedules
Experience... hold my beer (bad choices)
Hold my beer.... experience
Old 03-29-2017, 05:16 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2017 23' Flying Cloud
Parker , Colorado
Apple is so much better for the average user....
Old 03-29-2017, 05:48 PM   #47
Living Riveted since 2013

2016 Interstate Lounge Ext
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Retirement complaint: I never get a day off anymore.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #48
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
And for people "our age"

If you no longer need to calculate thrust to lift ratios for rocket ships to the moon, stock market projections out to the year 2050, or such stuff, there's also this option.

If you just want to surf the net and check emails it's a viable reality. It's basically just a terminal to connect you to the 'net. Cheap, no internet viruses, no calls overseas from "Bob with Microsoft" with a thick accent (we have noticed that your Windoze........)

This is what we did for Mom after "Bob" called. Thankfully, he didn't get any money. But the PC was toast after he was done with it.

Paula, please keep this thread alive. It's bound to be very helpful to "us" in our silver years. Might even go on to be legendary on the forums.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #49
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Not to stray too far off the reservation, but Marie got a call yesterday from The State Department. Seems they were conducting a terrorism investigation, and required immediate access to her computer, or she would be arrested for harboring terrorists.
Bombay Bob is getting more creative...
Old 03-31-2017, 07:49 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
TANKLESS WATER HEATER, the good, the bad and the ugly.

The Atwood which was all I could get locally, is not something I'd recommend heartily. I have it working fine BUT
1. It doesn't conserve water. You must have full flow at the faucet to get really hot water. To get the Oxygenics shower head to work right I had to remove the cutoff button and loosen the head enough to create a small leak. A Temporary fix at best. The bath faucet works after taking off the aerator.
Kitchen is fine.
2. No low propane alarm. Profanity happens if you're showering when ice water hits!

I do like being able to linger in the shower. AND no waiting for the second person🤗

Paula
Old 03-31-2017, 08:23 AM   #51
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Sometimes the old ways really are the best.

Maggie
Old 03-31-2017, 09:18 AM   #52
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
This is a great thread. Sharing a senior moment we had this AM. DH is retired and I am following him 8/4/17 which is 126 days, but who is counting. We are camping in downtown Little Rock for a couple of weeks where I am commuting 1 mile to work and loving it! Had trouble with our hot water at the kitchen sink last night. Worked and studied our manuals trying to figure out what in the heck was going on. Had some warranty work done and thought something must have happened as a result. Called the dealer to discuss who said our faucet must have failed. Called Airstream to discuss. Then discovered..........................DUH.......... wait for it..................... we were pushing the handle back for hot when we should have been pulling it forward. I obviously need to go ahead and retire. For a couple of smart folks, we did a good imitation of dummies. I told DH we obviously aren't camping enough if we can't remember how to get hot water!
judyjudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:37 PM   #53
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Shower door/curtain

I have gotten tired of trying to keep my shower door clean and operating properly... it has dropped and binds on the bottom. Several years ago there was a thread about roll-away curtains.

www.airforums.com/f46/shower-door-15737.html

Any updated experiences?

Paula
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:10 AM   #54
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Hi Paula,

I love the microfiber shower curtains, as they dry so quickly and come in pretty patterns/colors.

I don't know the configuration of your shower, but might cut a standard one down and put it up with Velcro tape....allows for easy removal for washing.

Good luck,

Maggie
Old 04-22-2017, 05:29 AM   #55
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I have gotten tired of trying to keep my shower door clean and operating properly... it has dropped and binds on the bottom. Several years ago there was a thread about roll-away curtains.

Any updated experiences?

Paula
Depending on how you would want to address the problem, you could:
A: remove the shower door completely, and use a microfiber curtain, like Maggie suggested. Use the upper frame of the door opening for the shower hooks.
Or
B: Install a flat, piano hinge on the outside of the frame and door. They do make brass colored hinges, as well as aluminum and anodized black, so it doesn't look hideous.
Old 04-22-2017, 10:14 PM   #56
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
OK folks... another big problem is the conflict between the door on the WC and the shower door. I found two internet sites which offer what I am considering (but can't figure out how to copy the links in windows 10). So I leave you to peruse them at your leisure.

www.newlinebathroom.com - in Culpepper VA - not that far from Va. Highland Haven

www.stoett.com - in Hicksville OH - just across the state line from Ft. Wayne IN, NW of Jackson Center

less dripping on the floor, self squeegees, doesn't intrude into the hall and shouldn't whoosh in and cling to my body just because I turned the water on.

Know anyone who has one?
Old 04-23-2017, 02:12 AM   #57
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Ah!

The metallic age has arrived:

Gold in my teeth
Silver in my hair
Barium in my guts and
Lead in my backside......

Both of my grandfathers had the solar panels for a sex machine. I have still got lots of various shades of gray hair on my head plus more sprouting from the ears and nose. My two sons are not so fortunate and will join their great grandfathers lack of hair.

In 2004 we had a full battery of shots for going world traveling. Took months for some shots needed to be repeated two or three times. I keep tetnus current as I seem to require a few spots of blood on any repair job I undertake. We are not fans of the flu shots - a money maker it seems to us for a hit or miss medicine.

We both are really in pretty good shape according to the blood work.

Since summer is almost here, the Airstream only RV park work schedule of digging 6,000 feet of trenches for new power conduit and back filling the same will hopefully reduce my "bay" window along with better eating habits.

Memory is the big thing now. Post-it-notes to the rescue.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic w/ twin beds, 50 amp service, 1000 watt solar system, Centramatics, Tuson TPMS, 12" disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post

Any updated experiences?

Paula
That link didn't work for me. As for the door, I just installed a shim t the bottom. Works fine. Sorry photo is sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.JPG
Views:	144
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	283927  
Old 04-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
The slidey one looks pretty cool...but pricey!
prudencepb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:47 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Boy. NO ONE commented positively or negatively about roll away shower doors. I KNOW Airstream had them as standard equipment in some units. Truing this again.