Old 05-16-2017, 11:34 PM   #71
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Um, wait, did you say, "tow vehicle?" I've no idea of a Sprinter's load or tow capacity. Would it be enough?

Rocinante is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 01:38 AM   #72
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Yes, I would check the tow capacity first. I pulled a 19 foot AS with my early interstate. Was adequate. You would not have the weight of the interstate with your sprinter.

Old 05-18-2017, 09:09 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Well, that was "educatiomal".
Seems the bare bones Sprinter MIGHT be able to tow 7500 lbs. In the 3500 model. And again it's dependant on roof height and length (and how much the salesman has had to drink at lunch.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:34 AM   #74
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Little Rock , Arkansas
I say go for it if you don't love your current TV. You only live once. I would get what I loved and hang onto it. I am at the point in my life where I have to love it or it is out of here with all my "stuff."
Old 05-18-2017, 01:11 PM   #75
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
We have one of those for taking loads down to Dover from Akron. All of us HATE the damn thing! It's like driving a coffin with poor visibility and maneuverability PLUS when the wind hits it you can barely keep it on the road. They're also quite top heavy feeling in the wind, not at all aerodynamic. IMHO, get a truck cap and whatever mod you want for your running boards and skip the wimpy Sprinter. They suck.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:55 PM   #76
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
Kitchener , Ontario
There was a fellow from around here who towed an Argosy 24 with a Sprinter dually flat bed and carried his Mini on the flat bed as his get around car.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:23 AM   #77
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Yes, that was Smokeless Joe. I even considered buying his rig when he decided to retire from RVing.

Other neat rigs? Check Freightlinet tow vehicle - had an enclosed utility bed.

And then there is the Duraburb. A Suburban body dropped onto a 2500 diesel Silverado frame and powertrain.
Old 06-08-2017, 06:36 PM   #78
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
AIRSTREAM OF VIRGINIA nee: SAFFORD RV

So how did I not notice that Safford RV sold to Camping World ... selling a lot of other brands ... AND setting up a greatly expanded separate area for "Airstream of Virginia". Instead of half a dozen there are about 37 on the lot including a 33 footer that came in yesterday and was sold today! I saw a nice young man getting checked out on his new 19 foot unit... with a Ram 2500 diesel for a tow vehicle (hope it is big enough!🤣&#128513

Wow. Got the itch again. Not for the 33 Classic... but boy it has a HUGE bathroom.

It is now a much shorter trip to see a full lineup, and they are really beefing up their service dept too. Thank goodness, I don't heal quite as fast as I used to, and I just found a new leak that's probably awning or running light related. Luckily I can afford to let some of the harder work go to the professionals.

Paula
Old 06-11-2017, 11:30 AM   #79
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Went BACK to Airstream of Virginia.... looking at a signature with salsa interior. Problem? ONE big negative. The toilet in my present unit is mounted facing the rear... and is the opposite direction on the 28. A terrible 2 AM "incident" might occur as a sleepy occupant accesses the oval office.

Resistance is NOT futile... but I am fleeing the area tomorrow.

Paula
Old 10-03-2017, 08:21 AM   #80
1 Rivet Member

2015 25' International
2017 23' International
2014 Interstate Coach
Washington , Washington, D.C.
Oh, hair dyeing can be rather annoying sometimes, especially in case of bright colours like red, blue, green etc., I had experiments with them several years ago and the problem is that these colours look cool only for a month, then they fase and the total look doesn't seem cool at all And often dyeings in this case are extremely harmful for the hair so I needed to stop my experiments
And my other rant is cleaning the cat's wool in my house, I have two cats and wool is everywhere! And it's really a pain to get rid of it, especially in case of black clothes, armchairs and sofa!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:28 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member

Kensington , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
AIRSTREAM OF VIRGINIA nee: SAFFORD RV

So how did I not notice that Safford RV sold to Camping World ... selling a lot of other brands ... AND setting up a greatly expanded separate area for "Airstream of Virginia". Instead of half a dozen there are about 37 on the lot including a 33 footer that came in yesterday and was sold today! I saw a nice young man getting checked out on his new 19 foot unit... with a Ram 2500 diesel for a tow vehicle (hope it is big enough!🤣&#128513

Wow. Got the itch again. Not for the 33 Classic... but boy it has a HUGE bathroom.

It is now a much shorter trip to see a full lineup, and they are really beefing up their service dept too. Thank goodness, I don't heal quite as fast as I used to, and I just found a new leak that's probably awning or running light related. Luckily I can afford to let some of the harder work go to the professionals.

Paula
Good to know