2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Ah!

The metallic age has arrived:

Gold in my teeth
Silver in my hair
Barium in my guts and
Lead in my backside......

Both of my grandfathers had the solar panels for a sex machine. I have still got lots of various shades of gray hair on my head plus more sprouting from the ears and nose. My two sons are not so fortunate and will join their great grandfathers lack of hair.

In 2004 we had a full battery of shots for going world traveling. Took months for some shots needed to be repeated two or three times. I keep tetnus current as I seem to require a few spots of blood on any repair job I undertake. We are not fans of the flu shots - a money maker it seems to us for a hit or miss medicine.

We both are really in pretty good shape according to the blood work.

Since summer is almost here, the Airstream only RV park work schedule of digging 6,000 feet of trenches for new power conduit and back filling the same will hopefully reduce my "bay" window along with better eating habits.

Memory is the big thing now. Post-it-notes to the rescue.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 07:11 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
I have gotten tired of trying to keep my shower door clean and operating properly... it has dropped and binds on the bottom. Several years ago there was a thread about roll-away curtains.

www.airforums.com/f46/shower-door-15737.html

Any updated experiences?

Paula
That link didn't work for me. As for the door, I just installed a shim t the bottom. Works fine. Sorry photo is sideways.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0437.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	283927  

Old 04-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #59
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Akron , Ohio
The slidey one looks pretty cool...but pricey!
prudencepb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 04:47 AM   #60
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Boy. NO ONE commented positively or negatively about roll away shower doors. I KNOW Airstream had them as standard equipment in some units. Truing this again.
Old 05-12-2017, 06:16 AM   #61
2 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Matthews , North Carolina
Quote:
Boy. NO ONE commented positively or negatively about roll away shower doors. I KNOW Airstream had them as standard equipment in some units. Truing this again.
The folks at CanAm replaced the shower door on our new Airstream with the standard AS retractable door. Like you said, there’s less “conflict” with one less door in the hallway. We’ve come to appreciate this a lot.

The Airstream slider is self-squeegee and spring-loaded. So if you let go when extended it will snap back quickly. Boom!

We’re happy campers with the mod.
daboose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 07:04 AM   #62
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
We had a roll away door on our 19' Bambi. I thought it was fine. I couldn't hang a towel on it while I was in the shower, but that was the only problem. I believe it worked fairly well, as far as function and leaking is conferned.
We did forget to dry it out one time. The next time we pulled it open, there was some weird stuff growing on it. Must have been my wife's fault..
Old 05-12-2017, 03:08 PM   #63
Rivet Slave

2014 27' FB International
Green Cove Springs , Florida
If our standard glass shower door decides to fling itself off its hinges, we will investigate the AS roll-away door, though we'd be counting on the "squeegee" to dry the door off before it rolls away. If I were to pull that door out and find mildew on it, my cursing would scorch that stuff right off.

Rocinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 06:15 PM   #64
3 Rivet Member

2016 30' International
Calgary , Alberta
I just turned 60 and Leah wants you to know she is "considerably younger"! We retired in November and have been having a great time ever since...We both look after ourselves and each other and realized the dream of mine for the past 3 years in getting our Serenity last month! Leah loves the AS too!
We were going to get married in August but we have decided to postpone due to circumstances not of our own making, and may just pop on down the road to Las Vegas and the Elvis wedding chapel....We took up kayaking and fly fishing for me, and Leah scoots around the lake like she hid an electric trawling motor in HER kayak...
Be happy and healthy, don't sweat the small stuff and give the rest the attention it deserves.Thank the good Lord for every day and all the small blessings of life. Enjoy, enjoy, and enjoy more!

Michael
Poodle and two cats!
Masondood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 06:54 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
If our standard glass shower door decides to fling itself off its hinges, we will investigate the AS roll-away door, though we'd be counting on the "squeegee" to dry the door off before it rolls away. If I were to pull that door out and find mildew on it, my cursing would scorch that stuff right off.
You'll only do it once..
Old 05-15-2017, 05:42 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
My Atwood tankless is now working flawlessly. The propane line developed a leak on the way home from Virginia Highland Haven and I called the mobile service co. That had installed it. Mr. Williams came out and replaced the line and then LOWERED the temperature adjustment on the heater... Seems a bit counter-intuitive, but more water flows through the heat coils at a somewhat lower temperature allowing me to have more adjustment at the faucets. Top temp seems to be about 120 degrees, but there is a lot of "room" to get moderately hot water... not the scald/tepid/freeze choices I had before.

BTW if you want to let your dishes and flatware air dry, a final rinse with a teakettle of almost boiling water will make everything in the rack dry without spots... but use a metal drying rack (I melted a little plastic one.)

Paula
Old 05-15-2017, 06:32 PM   #67
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
BTW, https://www.amazon.com/Pain-Free-Rev.../dp/0553379887 would be a great investment to improve the quality of your life. The author doesn't sell anything, and you can do the self treatment in your trailer or outside. Can buy used for the price of the cheapest Starbucks Coffee. Saved my 82 yo dad a neck fusion surgery.

Retired or re-hired? Thanks for the thread.
Old 05-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #68
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
TALK ME OUT OF IT !!!!

I've gotten three minor dings on my GMC Denali... one self-inflicted, two were gifts left for me by rude people in parking lots. So, I'll need to live without a vehicle or rent one for a week while the damages are repaired and the repainting is done. Meanwhile... I kinda, sorta want a new tow vehicle.

My logic (or excuse) is that to get the truck 100% right I also need to replace my tonneau cover with a cap, replace my running boards with ones that lower themselves when the door is opened, and get a truly wonderful captain's chair to make distance driving more comfortable so I have less fatigue. And of course, better mileage would be nice too. So LOGICALLY I'm toying with the idea of getting a Mercedes Sprinter van.

NOT the Airstream, but one that will let me carry my stuff, and with an air mattress and porta john let me do some one and two day boondocking... or city-docking for football games, etc.

Would the Sprinter be better than any other van? Aside from being kewl at the terraport or a rally?

AND then there is the cost....

Sanity Solicitation please.

Paula
Old 05-16-2017, 12:23 PM   #69
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Sanity is optional...IMHO.

Otherwise we wouldn't have 4 kids and 8 grandbabies...
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:16 PM   #70
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
Normal , Illinois
Well, I am completely biased, as I love my Interstate and think it's the only way to travel.

Maggie