Old 03-28-2017, 07:23 PM   #29
Rivet Master

1969 31' Sovereign
Broken Arrow , Oklahoma
I cleared an acre of land last year using chain saw maybe 35/40 trees.
I told my DR I am going to have to start acting my age (78) and quit acting like i"m 70.
This year I'm limited 3 to 6 hours of labor a day knees just can't take it anymore never used to think much about it but now realize I may be getting old.

Have no idea where my hair went it's mostly gone however, I am in need of a tetanus shot thanks for the reminder will get it asap.

Old 03-28-2017, 08:00 PM   #30
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
My Pa started losing his hair early on.. about 20... of course it was just spotty..

He still says.. "It can turn anything it wants, except loose."

I have a few spots thinning out a bit.. but if it goes, it goes.. I will just need a 'Wally' hat..

cwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 08:20 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foiled Again View Post
AVALAIRE. an odd oldie I had never heard of before.Attachment 282275

Hope this picture attaches... saw it in Cape Charles VA AREA
HATE WINDOWS 10!!!!!

An operating system built for illiterate people....but I can't go back. And I can't seemy own attachment. Something wrong with my settings. Can anyone else see it?
Old 03-28-2017, 08:38 PM   #32
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
HATE WINDOWS 10!!!!!

An operating system built for illiterate people....but I can't go back. And I can't seemy own attachment. Something wrong with my settings. Can anyone else see it?
Nope.. when I click on it, the page is no longer 'there'...

But, 'puters iz stupid... they reflect the level of the programmers... some of which .. are great folks..

"Don't HACK me dude!"
Old 03-28-2017, 09:55 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
A couple of years ago there was a big fuss about rollaway shower doors. So if you've had one for a while how do you like it?
Old 03-29-2017, 05:02 AM   #34
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
HATE WINDOWS 10!!!!!

This may help with winedoze:

http://www.classicshell.net
Old 03-29-2017, 05:39 AM   #35
Rivet Master

2011 23' FB Flying Cloud
Chesterfield , Missouri
This is a great thread. I just want to follow along. We are both 62, and have been evaluating retirement for a few years. My wife does not accept change very well. So we will stay in this house, and she will more than likely continue to keep her hair colored forever. It's expensive, but me bringing it up, would be more "costly."
Up to date on all my shots. Have never had high speed internet, so I don't know what I'm missing.
Thanks for starting this. Should provide lots of future enjoyment. Especially since I no longer sleep. Another side effect of getting a bit older..
Old 03-29-2017, 05:42 AM   #36
Rivet Master

2006 22' Interstate
League City , Texas
I strongly recommend flu shots. I had mine in late autumn of 2016, and then came down with the flu in late February 2017, which was verified by testing as a strain of Type A that had not been included in this year's vaccination. I was told that the vaccine was only about 60% effective this year because of unmatched strains becoming more prevalent than forecast.

I had additional viruses in conjunction with that flu (it can be like STDs - not just one bacteria or virus, but rather they travel in groups), with the upshot being that recovery has taken more than a month. I've been back for medical treatment multiple times and have been told multiple times that influenza can be a very serious illness and full recovery just takes an extended period of time.

I attended a technical conference yesterday in which I was the featured speaker. I had to start my presentation by advising the audience that prolonged periods of talking loudly can irritate the lungs and that if I developed breathing problems, I might have to duck into the Ladies to inhale some meds, but not to worry - I would be back to continue speaking. It's pretty sobering when you realize just how NOT in control you are with an illness like a serious influenza.

You've no doubt heard the old expression "it's your funeral"? Well, if you forgo a flu vaccine and come down with a serious case, it just might be your funeral, especially if you are an older person or a person with health issues. Even if the strain turns out to be different as in my case, the vaccine will provide some measure of resistance - mine probably would have been even worse if I hadn't had that vaccine late last year.
InterBlog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:08 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Quote:
HATE WINDOWS 10!!!!!

An operating system built for illiterate people.
Downloading Windows 10 today. Thanks for the reminder for preventive shots Paula.
streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:52 AM   #38
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
Downloading Windows 10 today. Thanks for the reminder for preventive shots Paula.
Preventative shots for Windows 10 are available from Apple...
I couldn't resist!
Old 03-29-2017, 08:59 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by streaminwild View Post
Downloading Windows 10 today.
Okay! We'll see you in 2018!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:02 AM   #40
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Windows 10 is the best Windows OS yet. Much better and more fun than getting a flu shot. On the other hand, iOS is the most dumbed down, inflexible, and boring OS out there.
SeaLevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:24 AM   #41
cwf
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Hillsboro , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaLevel View Post
Windows 10 is the best Windows OS yet. Much better and more fun than getting a flu shot. On the other hand, iOS is the most dumbed down, inflexible, and boring OS out there.
Yeah!! I miss hours of "updates" to resolve problems from previous releases, backup of all personal data...twice.. "Just in case", upgrading hardware to utilize existing "improved functions"... blah blah blah..

Actually, the MS model is great for folks who enjoy doing "hardware upgrades"... "Honey, I just shrunk the bank account". "Yes, We needed a water cooled Octet processor, 12TB of RAM, solid state hard drive(s) to store the "OS" and future updates, fiber channel exterior tape drive, DVD burner with auto feed and indexing system (sorry that replaced your craft room... don't put anything flammable, or inflammable in there either)... and do not "pull the chain" on my surplus HALON system... smoldering odor from the electronics is "normal... oh... you can store 1/2 of the grandkids pictures... but ask me to be sure we don't kill our ThunderCloud space.."

Yeah.. that did't work for me either... but we did get a bracket to hang the hair drier, flat iron, etc... (We (I) haven't been happily married over 40 years... without t learning something!!! that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...."
Old 03-29-2017, 09:44 AM   #42
Rivet Master

1999 30' Excella 1000
small town , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwf View Post

(We (I) haven't been happily married over 40 years... without t learning something!!! that's my story and I'm sticking to it ...."
cwf, you mean '' happily married for over 40 years'' Congratulations on 45 years cwf.

streaminwild is offline   Reply With Quote