Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-19-2011, 11:37 AM   #29
Rivet Master
 
StingrayL82's Avatar
 
San Angelo , Texas
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,250
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by casa3805 View Post
http://www.airforums.com/forums/f288...ml#post1072827

We have reservations at the State Park but it got full so lots of folks are staying at another campground nearby "Blanco Settlement" I believe. Right on the river. As you read the thread I think you will see good times coming our way!! Be great to see you there, even in that big 'ol toy hauler!
Chuck,

We haven't gotten the toy hauler yet, we just know which one we want. We'll probably be getting it this Spring. I'll try and talk Brooke into taking a trip and "accidentally" end up in Blanco . We do have our Living Quarters horse trailer, so maybe I might bring that, who knows.
__________________

__________________
Frederic
1971 Sovereign International - SOLD

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 12:48 PM   #30
Well Preserved

 
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 20,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by StingrayL82 View Post
Chuck,

We haven't gotten the toy hauler yet, we just know which one we want. We'll probably be getting it this Spring. I'll try and talk Brooke into taking a trip and "accidentally" end up in Blanco . We do have our Living Quarters horse trailer, so maybe I might bring that, who knows.
This is just an idea, since an Airstream is at least temporarily not in the cards, but why not look into a horse trailer with living quarters that can double as a toyhauler?
__________________

__________________
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
Terry
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 03:42 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member
 
SL4BLLT's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 268
StingrayL82,
Congratulations on your retirement, your service to our Nation and the support from your wive. Good luck with your next chapter as your write it.
We retired in 2008 and don't regret a day of it other than being with the Troops, which being here at Bragg, I get over real quick. LOL

During our time of service I was gone quite a bit especially from 2001-2008 hitting every great locaiton from SEA, SWA and Africa. What a great time with the troops cleaning up a mess of people wanting to take away freedom as we know it, and showing the locals that didn't know any better, what freedom is all about.
What I always missed was the Airstream, but always thought of how nice it would of been at those locations, with the Kurds or Filipno's, but instead I enjoyed the austere living that was offered by the locals, and can relate that to the early WBCCI caravans.
One of the toughest decisions we had many times was wondering should we sell the airstream that sat in storage for many years 15, while serving for the 28 years, that we eventually completed.
We did have the luxury of living out of it while moving, or waiting for a house or housing as we could pack out early or get the furniture delivered late. We were in never in a hurry as we had a place we could call home.
Now, it is paying off. We have owned it for years, done some super upgrades, and use it to its fullest that it was meant to be used.
Follow your dreams!
Be careful as you look in your rear mirrors as those reflections that look like shiny objects may be Airstreams.
__________________
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:54 PM   #32
Rivet Master
 
StingrayL82's Avatar
 
San Angelo , Texas
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,250
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
This is just an idea, since an Airstream is at least temporarily not in the cards, but why not look into a horse trailer with living quarters that can double as a toyhauler?
You know what, Terry, I think our Living Quarters might actually be able to fit the CJ!

I'll have to take some measurements.
__________________
Frederic
1971 Sovereign International - SOLD

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:59 PM   #33
Rivet Master
 
StingrayL82's Avatar
 
San Angelo , Texas
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,250
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4BLLT View Post
StingrayL82,
Congratulations on your retirement, your service to our Nation and the support from your wive. Good luck with your next chapter as your write it.
We retired in 2008 and don't regret a day of it other than being with the Troops, which being here at Bragg, I get over real quick. LOL

During our time of service I was gone quite a bit especially from 2001-2008 hitting every great locaiton from SEA, SWA and Africa. What a great time with the troops cleaning up a mess of people wanting to take away freedom as we know it, and showing the locals that didn't know any better, what freedom is all about.
What I always missed was the Airstream, but always thought of how nice it would of been at those locations, with the Kurds or Filipno's, but instead I enjoyed the austere living that was offered by the locals, and can relate that to the early WBCCI caravans.
One of the toughest decisions we had many times was wondering should we sell the airstream that sat in storage for many years 15, while serving for the 28 years, that we eventually completed.
We did have the luxury of living out of it while moving, or waiting for a house or housing as we could pack out early or get the furniture delivered late. We were in never in a hurry as we had a place we could call home.
Now, it is paying off. We have owned it for years, done some super upgrades, and use it to its fullest that it was meant to be used.
Follow your dreams!
Be careful as you look in your rear mirrors as those reflections that look like shiny objects may be Airstreams.
We lived out of ours too, when we PCS'd to San Angelo....four months with two little dogs, a big dog and two kids. Between that and the Sovereign starting to fall apart from a pee-poor "resto", I had had enough.

Were you at Group or Division? I thought I was going to be able to do more than 20, but our last BC sealed the deal for me to retire....I wouldn't have followed that idiot out of curiosity, because she was going to get someone killed. She went to the sandbox this year and had to start taking Xanax, because she couldn't take the shelling......she was in the Green Zone.

Thanks for your service too.
__________________
Frederic
1971 Sovereign International - SOLD

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 08:27 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member
 
SL4BLLT's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 268
Frederic,
spent all my years with three of the Groups with the exception of ROTC for 8-months and the Academy out there in the Great State. WE loved it as we toured all the National Parks during the down time.

I was fortunate with my assignments and leadership. Of course most of the guys I worked for have gotten relieved or made the front page of the Army times due to their leadership and having a standard, never-the-less a high standard.

Understand your challenges. Amazing how some people react to combat and some embrace it. Thanks for hanging in there through these very tough years. Trust me it did NOT go unnoticed. It is still an Away Game.

Get your medical taken care of prior to exit. it is time consuming. Get those records early, make a bunch of copies and smile. Based on your comments, you've been there, as you are about to enter into a world of folks that think they are decision makers. They are NOT.

Get that Toy Hauler out there and continue to dream about getting back into the world of Silver. I know there are a bunch of folks out here that will hook you up. You know you will be far enough away from civilization when the kids in the camp ground say you have a weird trailer (airstream).

Enjoy, and most of all take care of the family. We couldn't have done it without them.

"Stay thirsty my Friend".

Congrats again and Best Regards,
SL4BLLT
__________________
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 12:31 PM   #35
Rivet Master
 
StingrayL82's Avatar
 
San Angelo , Texas
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,250
Images: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by SL4BLLT View Post
Frederic,
spent all my years with three of the Groups with the exception of ROTC for 8-months and the Academy out there in the Great State. WE loved it as we toured all the National Parks during the down time.

I was fortunate with my assignments and leadership. Of course most of the guys I worked for have gotten relieved or made the front page of the Army times due to their leadership and having a standard, never-the-less a high standard.

Understand your challenges. Amazing how some people react to combat and some embrace it. Thanks for hanging in there through these very tough years. Trust me it did NOT go unnoticed. It is still an Away Game.

Get your medical taken care of prior to exit. it is time consuming. Get those records early, make a bunch of copies and smile. Based on your comments, you've been there, as you are about to enter into a world of folks that think they are decision makers. They are NOT.

Get that Toy Hauler out there and continue to dream about getting back into the world of Silver. I know there are a bunch of folks out here that will hook you up. You know you will be far enough away from civilization when the kids in the camp ground say you have a weird trailer (airstream).

Enjoy, and most of all take care of the family. We couldn't have done it without them.

"Stay thirsty my Friend".

Congrats again and Best Regards,
SL4BLLT
We probably know some of the same people then. I was on a SOT-A with 10th Group and have friends who were in 3rd and 7th.

My medical records were six inches thick...took me three hours to make copies. In fact, I just got my letter from the VA telling me that they would like my case to be settled quickly, but it will probably be taking a bit longer than expected. My VA rep who helped me out told me I'm looking at 70% at least...my back and knees are shot from jumping. Who would have thought something so fun would end up hurting so much?

See you down the road brother.
__________________
Frederic
1971 Sovereign International - SOLD

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 07:54 PM   #36
4 Rivet Member
 
SL4BLLT's Avatar
 
1972 31' Sovereign
Fort Bragg , North Carolina
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 268
Sent you a private e-mail. I spent most of my career with 10th in Bad Toelz, Devens and Carson, before I ended up back at Bragg. Who would of thought 25 years alter, but it does happen.

Might of fact i almost had my plate named the "teamhaus", but the wife didn't find that amusing after all those years with the boys.

anyways we'll connect and see if ic an ensure you cross the T's and dot the I's.

SL4BLLT
__________________

__________________
SL4BLLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now Retired and Considering Full-Timing Steve97365 Full-Timing 24 10-19-2014 05:25 PM
Intraclub for those who still work? justcamping WBCCI Forum 12 07-07-2011 10:07 PM
Retired, looking for an AS urnmor Buyer Guidelines 1 06-19-2011 10:03 AM
January President's Message Buttercup WBCCI Forum 32 01-09-2011 04:35 AM


Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.