Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2004, 08:25 AM   #21
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Yummy...lol...

Hi Edie G....
U got Me started already, & our nxt FL: trip aint until Nov; '05...( SIGH )....We called off our April '05 Boston 8 night trip, to do the 21 night Orlando route agn, I think WE made the RIGHT choice, now THANK'S 2 U...U kinda swung it 4 ME...with the mention of FOOD...I kinda MISS it all, those all-U-can-eat Brekkies, the CHICKEN in the basket with the huge pile of fries I have to stoff into My bum bag, ( well.I HATE waste LOL...)...& the " Fill her up keep-on-trukin cafes..." LOL...& last of all the PIZZA Guy's who actualy bring it to the DOOR....( Glad they aint EX- newspaper Guys...Hee Hee...).
I mainly LOVE the FOOD halls, wherever We shop, I R totaly spoiled 4 choice, & by the time I sampled EVERY stall...I'm even HUNGRIER...Mmmm....
I still never sampled CHOWDER...but I shall...
Take care now...Chris...
Old 05-29-2004, 09:05 AM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
Groan, Except for the hamburger, there is nothing I can eat. Will other rally members understand if I can't eat any of the food? Should I bring something and then not eat anything else? Or should I just not go? Eating out is pretty hard for me-or I pay the consequences. I am getting more and more discouraged. Silver suz
silver suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 09:15 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Suz, I'd make a BIG batch of Maid-rites if I knew you were going to be there, and you could munch on them as long as we were camping. Tell us what foods you can eat, and then let's see what we can design to give you a great campfest too! I'm pretty much an Atkins planner-cutting out the sugars and white flour/potato categories. (Though at least once this summer I'm going to splurge on a skillet full of fried potatos with onions!) Our son is diabetic, so we are accustomed to cooking fairly basically for him, yet we eat well! What are your limitations?
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 11:23 AM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Thanks, Georgia. I eat banannas and oatios with no sugar or anything else, and grapefruit juice. that's breakfast usually around 11 AM. I dont eat lunch and dinner is usually boringly simple salad. some sort of meat with no fat usually poached in a little wine (twinkie will be happy to hear that!). Because I cant stand the smell of grilling or baking. No lamb, occasional pork fillets, chicken ,eggs, and a little beef, but I'm losing that (I.E. I react to much to it.) sometimes fish but only if it is extremely fresh from the ocean, and poached- cooking smells again (I have a very powerful Jennair fan that really sucks cooking smells out.) Veges, although the tomato family is getting iffy.Yes Onions, garlic, red and green peppers, Owen gets bored by my homemade soups and goes and makes himself something. Raw vegges- watermelon great. Well it's better than the 15 food ,5 day rotation diet ,one food per meal, that I was on for 2 years.
Love brown rice, no salt. Occasionally PBJ if the peanut butter is only peanuts and the jelly is only fruit. Almonds. Apples in season-of which we have a glut. Notice NO milk, cheese, yougert, icecream, sour cream whipped cream= no dairy products. NO SALT. Can use fresh herbs I grow, potatos, beans, yams. I have just tried unsweetened soy milk and think I am reacting to that. Sweetened led to disasterous blood suger crashes. It's amazing I'm fat, but my metabolism and reg body temp of 96 make it hard to burn calories. OF course in EMERGENCIES ONLY- Bissinger's dark choclate!!! Tin Can Luv will laugh at that. It's only made in ST Louis and must have an incredibly high seratonin level. no other chocolate will do. so that's an easily controlled craving! Lately I've started drinking starbuck's coffee if I am out and my throat starts closing- it helps to open things up. Usually it's only bulk full leaf green tea . Everything else tastes like floor sweepings. Weird I know, But it's amazing what one can get used to. Oh, no spicy foods. I'd eat mushrooms and tofu, except everyone else is allergic to them. One thanksgiving they went up to John's folks for t'giving (I had pneumonia) and I got to have tofu and shitaki mushrooms for dinner!! Yeah!! Oh yes, and nothing cooked in aluminum- I taste that right away. Corningware is the best. Is this wierd ,or what?? Amazing what one can get used to. Unfortunately I can't get used to not breathing. Breathing first, water second, food next. and Bissinger's is the Best!! : ) suz
P.S. Mark has taken over cooking dinner for the summer so I eat what I can. They like spicy foods. Good thing everyone likes salad.

And Georgia, Thanks for being so nice!
Old 05-29-2004, 03:07 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Suz, if you enjoy simple fresh salads, meats prepared with wine and mushrooms, fresh fish (trout just off the hook), veggies such as onions, peppers, garden tomatos, zucchini, and garlic (check out my ratatouille recipe!) all cooked outdoors (helps with the odors in the trailer, you know), you are welcome to come have dinner with us 'cause that's what you'll find on our table Starbucks fresh ground is a favorite of ours.I grind a big bagful just before we hit the road. Bissingers you'd have to teach us about, but we are ready learners when chocolate is concerned! I miss the brown rice we used to enjoy. M--m, good!
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2004, 06:55 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Ratatouille is one of my favorites
add browned hamburger - and a whole meal is done! I have never had wild trout. When I was about 10, my father took me fishing on a lake on Cape Cod. I caught a huge fish. That night, my father made me eat it and I threw up into my dinner plate. The idea of that beautiful fish dying was too much for me. Needless to say I became a vegetarian easily.!! But in later years we grew various fowl for eating and I felt better because I knew they had great lives and died quickily. John was in charge of any butchering. If I were by myself I'd probably be a vegetarian. silver suz