Old 12-15-2017, 08:58 AM   #1135
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Iím a member in a Facebook group for Canned Ham owners... odd group of people. They have an unwritten rule against talking poorly about Previous Owners, so as not to hurt the feelings of someone who may do a crap repair on their own trailer. Seriously! EVERYTHING I have repaired to this point on this little Canned Ham is due to crap maintenance by Previous Owners. Everything! Tell you what, just do your best preventive maintenance, and I wonít say one negative thing about you. But do a ďrepairĒ that causes more damage than no maintenance at all and expect me not to comment? Now weíre talking crazy talk... Sorry, Iím feeling the pressure of my self imposed deadline. Well, itís only self imposed by me buying a camper that wasnít any where near ready to camp, and I have to have it ready by January 11th... what the heck was I thinking. Busy weekend coming up!

Dear Previous Owners of my rotted out Canned Ham, you are probably all some of the best people in the whole planet. Iím not questioning your morals, or calling you malicious, or saying anything about your character. You are AWESOME people. I love you bunches! But for the love of all things aluminum, get some help when you go to make a repair on your camper. Read repair forums. Ask people questions. Practice on scrap material. And if you just canít get the hang of it, pay someone to do it right. You will thank me, your trailer will thank me, the next owner of your trailer will thank me...
Dear next person to own my camper, sorry for some of the short cuts I took. I was in a hurry. Go ahead and talk bad about me. Iím a big boy, I can take it!

-Red, sometimes part of the problem, sometimes part of the solution...