Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2017, 04:48 AM   #1093
Rivet Master
 
Msmoto's Avatar

 
2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Currently Looking...
Greensboro , North Carolina
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 1,541
Images: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDave View Post
It has always tickled me that the line dividing Mountain time from Pacific time runs right down the border of Nevada, except for a small blip in the line so that Wendover, NV can be in the Mountain time zone. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that Wendover is the closest spot to Salt Lake City where you can gamble and imbibe freely, and it would be inconvenient for all the Utah folks to have to reset their watches. Must be a coincidence, because there can't be that many people in Utah who want to gamble and imbibe freely anyway, right?


The explanation my be that Wendover is in Utah, West Wendover is the Nevada ďsuburbĒ but, this may be exactly the point you are making.... so the two or three Utah residents who gamble (LOL) do not have to adjust their watches....
__________________

__________________
Happy trails and Good Luck
Ms Tommie Fantine Lauer, Greensboro, NC
AIR #31871 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:40 PM   #1094
King of the Zebra Speedo
 
Panama Red's Avatar
 
Obrien , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,439
Images: 7
So Iím heading out for the annual Father/son fishing weekend, only this time Iím the old guy. My dad has hit 82, needs a knee replacement, and isnít up to it this year, so itís me and the son in law and the other two daughterís boyfriends... no airstream, just a tent. Could life suck any worse?
Been looking at campers since we planned this trip, came across a couple derelict AirStreams, and got to remembering the rebuild of the LoveStream (tm), and broke out in hives and a cold sweat.
10 more months until Iím eligible to retire. Daylight Savings time will no longer matter to me, and Iíll probably take on another Stream as a project....

If youíre ever in North Central Florida, and need a place to over night, my yard is always open.

Red-needing to check in here more often...
__________________

Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #1095
Rivet Master

 
2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,334
Yes, you have been missed. Iíve been doing all I can to keep the snark level up, and at my advanced age, itís getting too hard. Get back in here and lend a hand, please...
__________________
Rich, KE4GNK/AE, Overkill Engineering Dude
'The Silver HamShack' ('07 International 22FB CCD 75th Anniversary)
Multiple Yaesu Ham Radios inside and many antennae sprouting from roof, ProPride hitch, Prodigy P2 controller.
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 10:19 PM   #1096
King of the Zebra Speedo
 
Panama Red's Avatar
 
Obrien , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,439
Images: 7
I'm rebuilding a Canned Ham... 1961 Layton 19 footer, but there just isn't a decent forum on which to blog about it. What the heck is up with the canned ham people? Seriously, you're missing out! Someone start HamForums, please!
Oh, I call dibs on the name Panama Red if you start it...

-Red, heading in a bad direction...

PS, Dear Person on Instagram that took my name; Give it to me now! This doesn't have to turn ugly...
__________________
Somebody ought to clean these windows. There is a tremendous buildup of gook all over them...
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 11:00 PM   #1097
Rivet Master
 
Hittenstiehl's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,496
Images: 9
Panama Red how've you been. Nice to see you back.
__________________

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 04:06 AM   #1098
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,812
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
I'm rebuilding a Canned Ham... 1961 Layton 19 footer, but there just isn't a decent forum on which to blog about it. What the heck is up with the canned ham people? Seriously, you're missing out! Someone start HamForums, please!
Oh, I call dibs on the name Panama Red if you start it...

-Red, heading in a bad direction...

PS, Dear Person on Instagram that took my name; Give it to me now! This doesn't have to turn ugly...
Go to the Tin Can tourist facebook page! Referrals for other sites on there.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 03:20 AM   #1099
King of the Zebra Speedo
 
Panama Red's Avatar
 
Obrien , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,439
Images: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by avionstream View Post
Go to the Tin Can tourist facebook page! Referrals for other sites on there.
Iím on their Facebook page, and have been to their website, and they mention a forum, and, even as galacticwebs savvey as I am, I just canít seem to find the link to the actual forum itself. Not a real well designed web page, in my not so humble opinion. Or, I could be on the wrong web page... and I kind of miss this Crew in here anyways.

-Red, on the outside, looking in...
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:34 AM   #1100
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,812
Blog Entries: 2
I think all they have is the facebook page.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:47 AM   #1101
Rivet Master
 
Currently Looking...
Gainesville , Florida
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 6,812
Blog Entries: 2
Good.old rvs forum or talklk. And vintage trailer or might be vintage camper talk or forum. Getting old cannot remember. You can ask a specific question on the tin can facebook page, or contact tim heinz one of the mods and an expert. I Also Used The search Function On The Tin Can Facebook And Came Up with some info On Layton.
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 07:16 AM   #1102
Rivet Master
 
Hittenstiehl's Avatar
 
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 3,496
Images: 9
PR, And we have missed you too.
__________________

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 05:07 AM   #1103
King of the Zebra Speedo
 
Panama Red's Avatar
 
Obrien , Florida
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,439
Images: 7
I canít change my user info... wonder if itís because Iím not a paying member any longer. Anyways, thanks for the tips, Avionstream!

Been so long since Iíve been on here that I forgot you have to pay to be able to upload photos. Went to post up a picture of this tiny trailer Iím working on, and was denied...

Anyways, after all I went through with the refurb on the LoveStream (tm), this thing has been a piece of cake. On the Panama Red Longneck Scale of Difficulty, Iíve yet to do anything rated over 6 Longnecks. A few tidbits of knowledge Iíve acquired through the SOB refurb: Screws are just as much a pain in the butt as rivets, possibly more. Wood rots more than aluminum. Everything over 50 leaks. Camper refurbs require beer, no matter the brand of trailer...

Itís good to be missed. Sometimes you go through life thinking no one would notice if you werenít around. Iíve run in to people from high school that I just couldnít remember, but I thought that was as probably because of all the damage I did to my brain cells back in the 80ís. Ran in to the first person that I remembered but they didnít remember me... which is odd, because Iím pretty loud and obnoxious, and most people remember that.

-Red, fading to gray...
__________________
Somebody ought to clean these windows. There is a tremendous buildup of gook all over them...
Panama Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:45 AM   #1104
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar

 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,286
Images: 11
Random Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panama Red View Post
I canít change my user info... wonder if itís because Iím not a paying member any longer. Anyways, thanks for the tips, Avionstream!

Been so long since Iíve been on here that I forgot you have to pay to be able to upload photos. Went to post up a picture of this tiny trailer Iím working on, and was denied...

Anyways, after all I went through with the refurb on the LoveStream (tm), this thing has been a piece of cake. On the Panama Red Longneck Scale of Difficulty, Iíve yet to do anything rated over 6 Longnecks. A few tidbits of knowledge Iíve acquired through the SOB refurb: Screws are just as much a pain in the butt as rivets, possibly more. Wood rots more than aluminum. Everything over 50 leaks. Camper refurbs require beer, no matter the brand of trailer...

Itís good to be missed. Sometimes you go through life thinking no one would notice if you werenít around. Iíve run in to people from high school that I just couldnít remember, but I thought that was as probably because of all the damage I did to my brain cells back in the 80ís. Ran in to the first person that I remembered but they didnít remember me... which is odd, because Iím pretty loud and obnoxious, and most people remember that.

-Red, fading to gray...


Red is a doer, doers never fade to gray,,, they just ride away.
__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 03:48 PM   #1105
Moderator
 
HiHoAgRV's Avatar

 
1991 34' Excella
1963 26' Overlander
1961 26' Overlander
Central , Mississippi
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,559
Images: 29
Blog Entries: 49
Wrap your canned ham in aluminum and hang around here. You could claim it's a reimagined Torpedo, 2018 version.
__________________
Hi Ho Silver RV! Vernon, Sarah, Mac the Border Collie -
A honkin' long 34' named AlumaTherapy http://www.airforums.com/forums/f205...num-54749.html
and a 26' '63 Overlander, Dolly http://www.airforums.com/forums/f109...ome-71609.html
HiHoAgRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 04:08 PM   #1106
Rivet Master
 
J. Morgan's Avatar

 
1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 5,286
Images: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV View Post
Wrap your canned ham in aluminum and hang around here. You could claim it's a reimagined Torpedo, 2018 version.


Post anyway, you can make the play....

I have considered making my own canned ham out of aluminum from scratch.... I am pretty sure that would be ďvintage kinĒ.
__________________

__________________
The fact that I am opinionated does not presuppose that I am wrong......

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Some random questions hampstead38 1967 Overlander 35 02-08-2009 09:39 PM
First Post -Random Thoughts Pecan Member Introductions 5 06-22-2007 05:42 PM
Random Photos ? joatmon Our Community 22 06-24-2005 06:16 PM
Random Electrical Discharge [A/S 325] Fish36991 General Motorhome Topics 27 02-11-2005 05:39 AM


Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by the Airstream, Inc. or any of its affiliates. Airstream is a registered trademark of Airstream Inc. All rights reserved. Airstream trademark used under license to Social Knowledge LLC.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.