Old 02-20-2015, 07:27 AM   #407
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Red, didn't get as cold as expected here near Gainesville. Only the top if the water storage buckets froze. Bet it's colder farther north in the state where you are. AS alright? Peace,jim

Old 02-20-2015, 08:26 AM   #408
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Hey Red, what gives? I'm showing post no. 1003 for every post you made on page 29.

Old 02-20-2015, 09:53 AM   #409
Rivet Master

2015 30' International
2009 27' FB International
2007 25' Safari
Greensboro , North Carolina
Reward for 1000 posts?

OK, how about letting me in on the secret reward of 1000 posts......

It's a new Airstream, right?
AIR #31871 WBAC #4165 K4MTL

www.fantinesvoice.com
Msmoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:16 AM   #410
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryV View Post
Hey Red, what gives? I'm showing post no. 1003 for every post you made on page 29.
Every post you've made has the current information shown in the user profile. Rather than copying all of the profile info into every post, the profile information is just linked. That means any change to your profile shows up on all prior posts, not just new posts. Including the post counter and your number of rivets.

When I changed my avatar to a rare smiling image of my own ugly mug, the picture changed on every post I ever made, too.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2015, 10:28 AM   #411
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Jim, The LoveStream (tm) is snugged up in a warehouse that we own over in Branford. All climate controlled and everything, so she's in really good shape. We were sitting at 24 degrees when I left for work this morning...

Terry, it shows the total post count always. I saw the post about me reaching 1000 on my 1001st post, and I knew what my last post was. Guess I'll have to make #2000 more spectacular

Tommie, yes, the 1000 post prize is a brand new 2015 Classic rigged any way you want it. Mine is being shipped here right after I provide Road Toaster my credit card information, mother's maiden name, and my social security number... Not sure why he wants all that info, but if it gets me a new Airstream!!! WOOOOT!!!

-Red, waiting on his Classic!!!
Old 02-20-2015, 11:10 AM   #412
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protagonist View Post
Every post you've made has the current information shown in the user profile. Rather than copying all of the profile info into every post, the profile information is just linked. That means any change to your profile shows up on all prior posts, not just new posts. Including the post counter and your number of rivets.

When I changed my avatar to a rare smiling image of my own ugly mug, the picture changed on every post I ever made, too.
Well, isn't that something! I'll get the hang of this forum thing eventually. (That is if they don't throw me off of it before too long.)
Old 02-21-2015, 07:56 AM   #413
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Red, I look forward to reading your posts every morning! You are a riot and no doubt an absolute clown! You brighten my day. Not sure what I like more - your actual posts or your tag line!! Keep it up! We should all enjoy smiling and laughing more! Life is too short to be serious!

Laura & Tom
Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #414
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Thanks Remax Gal! Truth be told, there are several people on here that I look for every time I log in... Some of them because of how much they know, and have helped me on my rebuild, whether they knew it or not. Some because of their sense of humor, and I'm always looking for gags to steal. Quite a few because they're just really nice people, and they make my day better, brighter you might say. And then there are the Grumpy Old Farts, be they male or female, because I'm always like "Oooooh, I wonder what they'll say next..." And I usually get a really good chuckle out of their GOFness. And, I've got a few people that have become good friends, that share the same quirky sense of humor that I have. Some of the private conversations we get in have my belly hurting from laughing so hard. Come to Canopener next year, and I believe you'll experience the quirk of the VGTB, a joke so inside that only four people on this whole forum are laughing right now... You'll just have to wait for Canopener for the rest of that one. It will be EPIC!!!

In all my years of camping, I've never come across community like I have since we bought The LoveStream (tm). From this forum, to rallies, to the people that just approach me asking about my Airstream in every campground we go to, it has been awesome meeting people. I posted in another thread, that "It's the journey, not the destination..." But jbroedlow gave me an awesome example of how for some it really is the destination, and not so much the journey (yeah, when you go out to wash your truck, and buy a new one instead... It's the destination!) so I realize that, for me, it's more about the people I meet along the way than the journey or the destination.

-Red, spreading the aura of The LoveStream (tm)....
Old 02-21-2015, 09:03 AM   #415
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Red, we definitely want to go to Canopener next year. Had reservations for this year but had to cancel because of a family commitment in Asheville. I just know camping next door to you and your wife would be an absolute blast!

Laura & Tom
Old 02-21-2015, 09:17 AM   #416
4 Rivet Member

1977 27' Overlander
1996 34' Excella
Florida Panhandle , Florida
I may have booked one of the two most coveted sites at Canopener 2016. It is I who will be renting out blocks of time in my campsite for the privilege of spending snipets of time next to Red and Shelly. I could potentially afford a new outdoor cook station with this venture!

Yep, we're and spending dollars before we earn them. Oh, and laughing!
1997 Airstream Excella / 34' ~ The Sane Asylum
Paddledipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2015, 09:18 AM   #417
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Mrs Red is definitely the better part of the team... I'm a huge disappointment in real life. Panama Red is a much better digital character than analog.

You will LOVE Canopener. Looking forward to meeting the two of you.

-Red, VGTB for life... Don't try to figure it out. You'll only hurt your head...
Old 02-21-2015, 09:20 AM   #418
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddledipper View Post
I may have booked one of the two most coveted sites at Canopener 2016. It is I who will be renting out blocks of time in my campsite for the privilege of spending snipets of time next to Red and Shelly. I could potentially afford a new outdoor cook station with this venture!

Yep, we're and spending dollars before we earn them. Oh, and laughing!

You know that it is I who garnered the coveted "We're next door to Joy" spot... I had to arm wrestle Melissa for it, and she had me beat until I cheated...

-Red, biceptually challenged...
Old 02-21-2015, 09:22 AM   #419
King of the Zebra Speedo

Obrien , Florida
...I'm liking that outdoor cook station idea though. You need that!!!

-Red, looking to beg some grub...
Old 02-21-2015, 02:26 PM   #420
Rivet Master

2002 31' Classic
Currently Looking...
Monroe , Iowa
Gee, I want to grow up to be like Red.