Old 04-02-2004, 05:04 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member
Randall's and Rolex's

Well we all have our Airstream hobby and we belive that they are the best in the field. How many of us own/collect the other finely made things in life. I just got my newest Randall knife this week. Have a model 1 a model 10-3 and just got an 18 , had a 24 but sold for Truck upgrades. Both wife and I have rolex and just gave Son my used stainless datejust for his 21st b-day. Really love Randall knives , just in Fla. but unable to tour factory , maybe next year.

"Forbidden Wheels Clubhouse Recon Team"

2004 30ft Slide Out with Hensley Arrow hitch. Pulled By 2010 Dodge 2500 Diesel 4x4 Megacab
ctdair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 05:21 PM   #2
Rivet Master
1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Hmmm. What finely made things do we collect? Let's see. Aspen glow on the glacier sitting high on Mt. Stanley, viewed from campsite # 4. . .glitter in the gold pan just lifted from the icy waters of upper Boulder River. . .sea urchins in the tide pools near San Diego. . .sea shells strung on the beach at sunrise on Dauphin Island. . .balsam scent-ladened breeze on Artists' Point at Grand Marais. . .grandsons bending new flyrods in the Madison. . .family faces lit by the flicker of evening campfire at Bennett Spring. . .our new-to-us Airstream arriving tomorrow afternoon. . .okay, I couldn't resist. I know this isn't what you meant, but these are the ideas that leaped into my mind when I read the post. Jewels, everyone of them, in our collection!

1995 Airstream Classic Limited 30' ~ Gypsy
1978 Argosy Minuet, 6.0~Minnie/GPZWGN
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2004, 09:18 PM   #3
4 Rivet Member

Wow, your son must be real happy with his used stainless steel watch

qqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 12:52 AM   #4
Very american 4 a french
1971 27' Overlander
Al american things

Hi ctdair;
Not so fine than your Randall or Rolex..., I 'm a collector of all American 60' dinner deco as interior dinner ( red table, barstools, juke box, wall box, coca distributor, neonlights, pinball, ) , old fridges ( GE, Frigidaire... ) and automobile license plates from USA & Can.
About this, I've tried, in the past to get some old and unused license pltes from your Airstream to try to do a complete suite of all states, only in trailers category but no success. Here was the link / threat about this:

But the real jewel for me is my AIRSTREAM, my old silver bullet.

NB, i'have bought this old coca-cola distributor, and it gives me really fresh coca- cola in glass bottles, as in the 60'... What a kick !!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Coca distributor.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	5640  
My blog:The american dream in FRANCE:
My pictures in high quality: Pictures on FLICKR:
My videos are on YOU TUBE
brunoffrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2004, 05:55 AM   #5
Thumbs up Randall and Rolex

I feel the same about quality ( as opposed to quanity). I also have a Randall bird and fish knife, and a Rolex Submariner that I've had for over 17 years. Last year it went back to Rolex because I broke the crystal ( I don't baby it) and also for a polishing and internal cleaning. When I got it back they not only polished it cleaned it and replaced the crysal but they replaced the face and the bezel too. A fantastic job.It really looked new.
After waiting 30 years I bought a Martin guitar last year, a H28 Vintage Reissue. A beautiful guitar in both sound and looks. Sounds like we might have money, but not true. We live very modestly. It's just that we don't buy a lot of "stuff". A little beauty goes a long way( all I have to do is look at my wife. The next beauty in my life will be an Airstream. I've loved them as long as I can remember.I'm even trying to think of away,at some point to move in to one. say a34ft Classic. In the mean time we're looking for an older small Airstream.
I have to admire the Frenchman for his great 50's American collection. I
would imagine it's not easy to aquire that stuff in France.

Old 04-04-2004, 01:41 PM   #6
5 rivets, 1 loose screw
1966 20' Globetrotter
Saginaw County , Michigan
Hey Bruno!

It's great to see a Detroit Lions fan in France. With the way they've been performing, Lions fans are becoming scarce even here in Michigan.

Rog0525 is offline   Reply With Quote