Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-25-2006, 12:01 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Yorkshire , England
Radio Scanners...

Greetins All... Wishin U a very Happy Sunday... OK, Here's the first silly "Q" of the day..., Those of U who R in2 " Scannin " or RX/DX/TX or jus SX... LOL...Tho My scanner works jus fine, I'm limited with stations, I get hundreds of Air planes & so on & listen 2 U Guys talkin with Guys in Australia, infact all over the world, but what I wanna kn is : " Q " would a Pro-83 Radio Shack #20-501, with 14 channels work over here in the UK ?, Antenna's Not a problem, I jus lookin round 4 an up-grade with lots of stations & this little one has EXACTLY what I'm lookin 4...LOL...FANX...Chris... PS, How many of U Guys take Yrs with U when U go on Yr Road trips ?...C,
Old 06-25-2006, 06:46 AM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Hi Chris!

I have a handheld programable scanner, Cobra (but I forget the model number) I had to buy it for a jobsite I was on. We were building an Air Traffic Control tower and had to monitor the tower/aircraft frequencies at all times. But I also use it to monitor train frequencies...I like to rail fan too. And yes I take mine on the road with me. As far as what will work in England...you are going to have to find out what the frequencies are over there and make sure the unit covers those. Hopefully someone a bit more knowledgable will chime in.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote