Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Community Forums > Our Community > Off Topic Forum
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-28-2011, 08:22 AM   #41
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink1 View Post
Took me two days to go through every box. Are you a teacher Lana or a student? I am a student at Davis, so I feel you when it comes to time...
I am taking the first summer session but not the second. Sure looking forward to having a break.
Smiles,
Pink
Pink,

I'm a sixth grade Language Arts (English) teacher. Never a dull moment for sure!

Lana
Diego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:23 AM   #42
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by transplant View Post
jezibels i love your pinwheels did you put a lining on the curtain? love the 'seat' cover !!!!!
diego i have never seen the puzzle quilt b4. it is so cute i love to do puzzles, where did you get the pattern

i love lurking here go get the ufo's ladies

pat
Pat,

I found the puzzle quilt as a kit at on online store, but don't remember which one. It intrigued me so much because I couldn't figure out how they did it, that I had to order it.

Lana
Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 PM   #43
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
UFO Flag #1 of 2

Here is the first of two flags done.

This one will hang from the camper awning when its pulled out at the campsites.

Im quilting the 2nd one now and trying to get done with it by this weekend to hang in the garden.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3698 flag quilt.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	405.3 KB
ID:	133492  
Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM   #44
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezibels View Post
Here is the first of two flags done.

This one will hang from the camper awning when its pulled out at the campsites.

Im quilting the 2nd one now and trying to get done with it by this weekend to hang in the garden.
Wow! You are one busy girl. Great idea! Love it!

Lana
Old 06-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Rivers , Alaska
Posting

I'd post more- but I'm too busy quilting to keep up with everyone who is finishing their UFOs already!!!
Carmilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 06:52 PM   #46
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Chicago , Illinois
2 of 2 in the Flag series

Well 2 of my 3 UFO's are complete. Im optimistic on finishing the orange quilt by Labor Day (if I finish it will be the 1st quilt I have ever made for myself).
Here is the 2nd flag:
Happy 4th Everyone!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_3705.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	470.8 KB
ID:	133585  
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #47
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
I found something I think some of you are looking for. At least I think I remember someone asking about Moda's Happy Camper Fabric.

I found a quilt shop in Custer, South Dakota that still has some of the fabric. I don't know if she has any left on the bolt but she did have at least 1 of the following

Layer Cake
Jelly Roll
Fat Quarter Bundle
5in Charm Pack
Triangles (can't remember what Moda calls them)... I think she had a few of these.

She also had some other of the lines that are harder to find. I picked up one Happy Camper charm pack for my trip quilt but painfully left the rest. I don't know if she will ship but I figured if you're really interested you can call her. Anyone interested can pm me or google The Quilt Shop for the number....

TAC OK-42

Come See Minnie Mouse at the TAC Walt Disney World Fort Wilderness Rally
https://airstreamingdreaming.blogspot.com

"Get busy livin', or get busy dyin'." - The Shawshank Redemption
]
rebelstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 PM   #48
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
I found something I think some of you are looking for. At least I think I remember someone asking about Moda's Happy Camper Fabric.

I found a quilt shop in Custer, South Dakota that still has some of the fabric. I don't know if she has any left on the bolt but she did have at least 1 of the following

Layer Cake
Jelly Roll
Fat Quarter Bundle
5in Charm Pack
Triangles (can't remember what Moda calls them)... I think she had a few of these.

She also had some other of the lines that are harder to find. I picked up one Happy Camper charm pack for my trip quilt but painfully left the rest. I don't know if she will ship but I figured if you're really interested you can call her. Anyone interested can pm me or google The Quilt Shop for the number....
Sad for me as we were in Custer, SD a few weeks ago. Had I known there was a place to get some of these fabrics, I would have jumped on it.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 05:29 PM   #49
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Waiting to Escape.... , Somewhere between sanity and insanity ... on the brink of both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempi2 View Post
Sad for me as we were in Custer, SD a few weeks ago. Had I known there was a place to get some of these fabrics, I would have jumped on it.
I talked to them again before we left. They are more than willing to ship. If you really want them give them a call. If you do tell Sue the lady with the Great Dane said Hi.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #50
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
When were you there? Did we almost cross paths? We were there from June 28th - July 4th.

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-05-2011, 11:21 PM   #51
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelstand View Post
When were you there? Did we almost cross paths? We were there from June 28th - July 4th.
No we were there in early May. but sure liked the country. thanks for the headup on trying to call them. I will do that.
Hope that someday we will meet up. Susan
Old 07-06-2011, 06:29 AM   #52
Certainly Blessed

1971 27' Overlander
Quote:
No we were there in early May. but sure liked the country. thanks for the headup on trying to call them. I will do that.
Hope that someday we will meet up. Susan

Ah... as for meeting ups maybe we will get lucky!!

TAC OK-42

]
Old 07-07-2011, 07:44 PM   #53
3 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Vancouver , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diego View Post
of my UFO's
Score one completed UFO for me, but that may be it. Super busy rest of the summer. Here is my 1600 quilt I did two weekends ago on a quilt weekend with my best friend. It is a quick one! We each started one on Sat. at 1:15 and I totally finished mine by Monday afternoon. Would be a great way to use up scraps, too.

Happy Summer Sewing to all of you,
Lana
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSCN2402.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	360.5 KB
ID:	134186   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2405.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	134187  

Name:	DSCN2403.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	455.9 KB
ID:	134188   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN2400.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	457.7 KB
ID:	134189  

Old 07-12-2011, 07:36 AM   #54
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Rivers , Alaska
Gloves?

As I furiously quilt about three hours a day (while the kids have computer and silent reading time) I have to ask...

Has anyone tried the lycra style support gloves for quilters? I'm starting to ache a little and was wondering if they would help. I've also seen where people teach themselves to switch hands- which I might try on a less detailed project. On this one, I wouldn't want to dis-honor my Smithsonian pattern!

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet I am going to finish this quilt by the deadline!!!!
Old 07-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #55
Dreaming of Streaming

2004 22' International CCD
Davis/SF , California
I found the gloves to be uncomfortable, but thats me.
they may work for you. However, this last quarter
at school I really overworked my hands and wrists
and even had to go to the Dr. So proceed with caution!
Smiles,
Pink
Old 08-29-2011, 06:03 PM   #56
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Carmilla, going back to post #1, would you tell me about your quilting frame? What kind and where to get one like it? How to set a quilt into the frame? I have decided to buy a good frame for handquilting for myself. Also, two friends and I are trying to put a twin quilt top, backing, and batting onto a floor frame at a nearby church, and we obviously do not know what we are doing! Advice would be SO appreciated. Thanks for all. ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxandgeorgia View Post
Carmilla, going back to post #1, would you tell me about your quilting frame? What kind and where to get one like it? How to set a quilt into the frame? I have decided to buy a good frame for handquilting for myself. Also, two friends and I are trying to put a twin quilt top, backing, and batting onto a floor frame at a nearby church, and we obviously do not know what we are doing! Advice would be SO appreciated. Thanks for all. ~G
Georgia, too bad you are not a lot closer. I have a oak king size quilting frame in my attic, never used. I would happily give it to you.
Also on the UFO with Labor day just around the corner I thought I really could have finished at least one project. But haven't completed any, but have come closer to being completing so maybe I will this fall.
But on the happy side we have had several trips since March. For the most part we take a trip, come home to was clothes, mow the grass and reload. Off again in a few days. Looking forward to see all your finished projects. Susan
Old 08-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #58
Rivet Master

1995 30' Limited
Ashland , Missouri
Susan, what a wonderful offer, but we are so far apart, much like Lewis and Clark setting out from St. Louis to your seacoast! Thank you for your kindness, but perhaps one of these days you'll haul that oak quilting frame back downstairs and put a beautiful quilt sandwich into it for hand quilting. I hope so As for UFO's, we've had family concerns this summer that have distracted me from all the quilting goals I made last spring. I can see I'll not meet the Labor Day deadline, but my spirits are improving and I still intend to sew, sew, sew, right through the fall and winter. I can DO it Again, thank for your generous thought! ~G
Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison, 4X4, Crew Cab
WBCCI #5013 AIR #2908
WDCU
Go, Mizzou...Tigers on the prowl!
maxandgeorgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 06:24 AM   #59
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Rivers , Alaska
Quilt Racks

I wish I could tell you the brand, but it is a home-made one that my mother bought at a garage sale and then I liberated from her basement. I have another one from my sister in-law that belonged to her mother that I use for twin size projects.

What I like about mine is it is basically built on two saw horses. Yes, it's harder to manuver around, but it is STURDY! When the dogs or kids bump into it (or the greyhound decides to use the quilt as a hammock) I know it won't fall over and the rollers won't bend.

Mine has three rollers. There are two "back" rollers. The Quilt top goes on one, and the batting and backing go on the other. I only use two of them- even with a queen sized project, I quilt from the middle out.

Alot of the ones you can buy are flimsy, and the rollers bend easily, or are hard to turn. This one has heavy rollers with actual locking sprockets. If you're handy with a saw and nail gun- there are building plans all over the web.

Sadly, my UFO will not be completed by Labor day either- But the contest did get me up and moving again!!! I'm almost ready for the border, but I can't decide what design to use. Maybe I'll post some pictures and ask for opinions.

Only 6 days left!!!

Tess
Old 08-31-2011, 06:26 AM   #60
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Two Rivers , Alaska
Ooops! As for getting it into the frame- my only suggestion is to make sure you sew it onto the rollers straight- othersise when you roll it up, it gets hard to sew straight. I can't wait to see how this one is shaped when it comes off. I think I may have stiched it into more of a trapezoid.